Wyatt Santos---BEAST

Ralex75

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless my eyesight and research skills have failed me, all you pre-season prognosticators have a GLARING omission from all your pre-season lists. No where do I see the name WYATT SANTOS listed as an All-East Texas or All-State OL selection for FIRST TEAM.

A little birdie told me that today at the ETSN combine (Top 100 players in Texas invited) Wyatt wowed by doing the following:

*won strongest athlete (24 reps of 225)

*fastest time in explosion ramp

*2nd best time in footwork

*won OL MVP

Beast. He's an absolute beast. He's so adept at delivering a PANCAKE block (google it, if you're not in the know) that IHOP is considering naming a breakfast platter after him.

Even with all the aforementioned accolades that he won today, the most impressive thing about Wyatt is that he's a GREAT kid. Great gets thrown around a lot. But it's fitting in this instance. Well-mannered kid with a blue-collar work ethic. He lets his play and physical gifts do the talking. Very popular in his community of Van.

Go back and re-tool your lists. This kid deserves to be on it. Top-flight offensive lineman.

And he's only going to be a junior next season! If he's not the #1 recruit in the state his senior year, I'll buy you all breakfast at IHOP.

Will he follow big brother Dalton to the land of beautiful blonde co-eds and the world famous 6th street, and play for the Longhorns? Lord willing!

Great kid and a hard worker. He has improved significantly every year I've seen him play so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up as one of the very top OG's in the state by his senior year. Glad he's getting some recognition. Keep working Wyatt!!

This is why most coaches hate camps. This kid who is 6'2 and 330 (meaning from a college scout perspective he is kind of short, and has some serious bad weight on him) goes out in shorts and a t-shirt, throws up some crazy bench press and workout numbers and all of a sudden he is a top interior lineman of the 2015 class?

Where is this kids hudl highlights? Where are his accolades for how well he actually played the game of football?

Why are people thanking apec? I mean they hosted this thing to possibly attract 115 new clients, and a million parents who think there 5'10 250 DT could play in the league one day.

This is why most coaches hate camps. This kid who is 6'2 and 330 (meaning from a college scout perspective he is kind of short, and has some serious bad weight on him) goes out in shorts and a t-shirt, throws up some crazy bench press and workout numbers and all of a sudden he is a top interior lineman of the 2015 class?

Where is this kids hudl highlights? Where are his accolades for how well he actually played the game of football?

Why are people thanking apec? I mean they hosted this thing to possibly attract 115 new clients, and a million parents who think there 5'10 250 DT could play in the league one day.

If you don't like IHOP just come out and say it. PANCAKE!

The fact remains that Wyatt does have a lot to prove. But according to those there this weekend, the kid's stock grew exponentially. And the good thing is that he has 2 yrs to do so.

Don't hate on APEC because you didn't have the skills to start your own training camp. The guys there offer a great service and not everyone that's a client is headed for the NFL, or college ball for that matter. My nephew works out there and he doesn't start on his varsity team. He's there to improve his physical self and to build self-esteem for life after football.

How do you know most coaches hate camps? Are you a coach, or just watched all the episodes of Friday Night Lights?

Instead of hating on a 15-16 yr old kid, you should be applauding him for working very hard to stand-out.

Combine camps are great and all but don't truly tell you who can play football. Most people host a combine camp to #1 make $$$$, #2 Get their name out there as a place to get trained and evaluated. It is good what APEC and ETSN did for the kids East Texas. But the bottom line is if the athlete cant back up a great combine performance with game film, people won't beat down his door to get him. The only thing that combines like this do is possibly get your name out there. But again you have to back it up with film. Did they film the 1 on 1's? Did they do drills before 1 on 1's? Are recruiters able to access the video and assess it? I'm not bashing anybodies performance. #ImJustSayin

Dude you got some serious issues here ..if you want to know so much about him besides what he did in a combine why dont you go check him out yourself ( he will be playing every friday night for the Vandals for the next 2 years) , obviously you have never been to a combine because if you had you would understand what Ralex said in the opening .He just stated the kid had a good day and probably has opened some doors for himself . What I think probably happened here is that you were the 5'10 250 DT who thought he should be playing somewhere and dont so now you are mad at everyone who has the potential to get to the next level. lol .. As for apec try talking to the number of pro or college athletes who attend this complex everyday or maybe try it yourself they have a adult class 5 days a week in the AM.

I love the combine circuit. It lets me look at accurate height/weight (something you just can't get from programs a lot of times); verified 40 times; an idea of a kids upper and lower body strength; and some explosive measurements (veritcal jump and broad jump).

Of course it doesn't tell the whole story of what kind of football player a kid is, but it can be useful in comparing athletes who have already performed on the field. These last few comments have gotten a little silly. Noone is saying a combine performance is the be all end all.

As far as people knocking APEC or playing this off as a money grab. WOW! Consider the time and effort put in to putting something like this on and you'll realize it's not that at all. This was an invitation only event. How much did it cost the kids to go? Uh huh.

The large number of events, and the relatively low number and high quality of athletes at this combine made it one of the best combines anywhere in the state. Anywhere. That's a good thing for East Texas athletes. Any way you slice it.

I love the combine circuit. It lets me look at accurate height/weight (something you just can't get from programs a lot of times); verified 40 times; an idea of a kids upper and lower body strength; and some explosive measurements (veritcal jump and broad jump).

Of course it doesn't tell the whole story of what kind of football player a kid is, but it can be useful in comparing athletes who have already performed on the field. These last few comments have gotten a little silly. Noone is saying a combine performance is the be all end all.

As far as people knocking APEC or playing this off as a money grab. WOW! Consider the time and effort put in to putting something like this on and you'll realize it's not that at all. This was an invitation only event. How much did it cost the kids to go? Uh huh.

The large number of events, and the relatively low number and high quality of athletes at this combine made it one of the best combines anywhere in the state. Anywhere. That's a good thing for East Texas athletes. Any way you slice it.

I'm with you...

Official Ht/Wt is always a good thing (even though they measured with shoes on at this one) and 40 times..

APEC facilitated the combine in conjunction with ETSN.fm, the sole purpose being to expose the best of East Texas on the collegiate level. East Texas is often overlooked compared to the major metro areas, especially the players from smaller schools and those who aren't necessarily Division I players, but can compete at the next level. That 5-10, 250-pound DT may not be in the league, but he might be good enough to get noticed at an event like the ETSN.fm Combine and get a chance to play in college somewhere.

This combine was not APEC's idea, so let's keep these words to ourselves until we know all the facts, please.

Combine camps are great and all but don't truly tell you who can play football. Most people host a combine camp to #1 make $$$$, #2 Get their name out there as a place to get trained and evaluated. It is good what APEC and ETSN did for the kids East Texas. But the bottom line is if the athlete cant back up a great combine performance with game film, people won't beat down his door to get him. The only thing that combines like this do is possibly get your name out there. But again you have to back it up with film. Did they film the 1 on 1's? Did they do drills before 1 on 1's? Are recruiters able to access the video and assess it? I'm not bashing anybodies performance. #ImJustSayin

I can assure you, no money was made out of the combine. In fact, quite a bit was sacrificed for the sake of putting it on. There were zero costs for athletes, their families or otherwise.

Official height and weights are not done with shoes on. You can throw the heights out completely and subtract a pound or 2 for weight. Shoes can add 1 to 2 inches to someone easy. If ESTN post those and these kids go to Summer camps and combines they are going to be surprised to find out they shrunk.

Official height and weights are not done with shoes on. You can throw the heights out completely and subtract a pound or 2 for weight. Shoes can add 1 to 2 inches to someone easy. If ESTN post those and these kids go to Summer camps and combines they are going to be surprised to find out they shrunk.

It is clearly stated that those two measurements were done in shoes. The majority of the kids that participated in this combine have been seen by college coaches already so they have a good knowledge of their respective height and weight. I understand that the combine was run very well, no money was received. I really don't understand why people would have an issue with it other than maybe their son or grandson did not receive an invite.

It is clearly stated that those two measurements were done in shoes. The majority of the kids that participated in this combine have been seen by college coaches already so they have a good knowledge of their respective height and weight. I understand that the combine was run very well, no money was received. I really don't understand why people would have an issue with it other than maybe their son or grandson did not receive an invite.

Some people aren't happy unless they are #### about something.

So, you're saying if someone is measured in shoes and then they are measured barefoot and they are shorter with their shoes off they are going to be surprised? What kind of idiot would be surprised by that fact?

That's funny.

So, you're saying if someone is measured in shoes and then they are measured barefoot and they are shorter with their shoes off they are going to be surprised? What kind of idiot would be surprised by that fact?

That's funny.

I don't guess you have talked to some of the athletes that have come out of East Texas.

They should have been measured without shoes. That height should not be entered because it is false. I can loosen my shoes strings stand on my toes and add 3 inches to my height while my shoes are flat on the ground. It happens.

That's funny.

The type of idiot that would be surprised is a college recruiter.

Most college recruiters measure a kid barefoot so they can tell exactly how tall he is. There are a million kids who will buy soles for there shoes that will make them taller. They are on the web, and you can get some to gain you as much as 2 inches in your height.

Most college recruiters measure a kid barefoot so they can tell exactly how tall he is. There are a million kids who will buy soles for there shoes that will make them taller. They are on the web, and you can get some to gain you as much as 2 inches in your height.

Again this is just Stupid..

It is clearly stated that the measurements were taken with shoes on. If that fact is ignored, said college recruiter just doesn't know how to read.

Heights were taken with shoes on for one reason: These kids don't play football barefoot, Jack.

I don't guess you have talked to some of the athletes that have come out of East Texas.

They should have been measured without shoes. That height should not be entered because it is false. I can loosen my shoes strings stand on my toes and add 3 inches to my height while my shoes are flat on the ground. It happens.

Say what? Come on man.

What I said was, why would anybody be surprised.

What does talking to athletes have to do with the price of tea?

WOW...

Is this conversation really happening?

Yes I believe it is. Not sure why though? They either have something against APEC or a sophomore high school student athlete they never met. Either way they are making themselves look bad. A few observations:

Why comment on a message board that you think a high school kid has "some serious bad weight on him". That is just low class.

APEC is a business that provides a service. They can invite who they want, run things the way they want and promote themselves how they want. Criticism can be productive but what I've seen from the posts on this thread come across as petty and/or jealousy.

If the only comments you make on a thread are "I hate your posts like yours" and "boo hoo" you contributed nothing.

Yes I believe it is. Not sure why though? They either have something against APEC or a sophomore high school student athlete they never met. Either way they are making themselves look bad. A few observations:

Why comment on a message board that you think a high school kid has "some serious bad weight on him". That is just low class.

APEC is a business that provides a service. They can invite who they want, run things the way they want and promote themselves how they want. Criticism can be productive but what I've seen from the posts on this thread come across as petty and/or jealousy.

If the only comments you make on a thread are "I hate your posts like yours" and "boo hoo" you contributed nothing.

Good post.

Never met the kid, only seen him on film. Wish him the best at the June 9th Texas camp.