Wyatt Santos---BEAST

Ralex75

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is clearly stated that the measurements were taken with shoes on. If that fact is ignored, said college recruiter just doesn't know how to read.

Heights were taken with shoes on for one reason: These kids don't play football barefoot, Jack.

Their heights were taken without shoes on because you did it INCORRECTLY.

Oh all the 40's are false because I have never seen a guy play a tackle game without shoulder pads and a helmet. Add 7 pounds to those guys backs and see what they run. See how stupid you sound.

The purpose of a combine is to give accurate measurements. That is why guys when they are measured in the NFL are 2 inches shorter than they were in college. A guy was 6'-2" in high school and now he is 6'-0". How did that happen?

I think APEC is great for the kids. I have heard nothing but great things about them.

Here is how I look at it. If I am a college recruiter and I read ETSN and they say a kid measured 6'-3" 200lbs. I book a flight come to the school pull him out if class and he is 6'-0" 195lbs. I think these guys were way off. Then it makes me wonder if the rest of the numbers are inflated even if they are not.

Just a thought.

Most don't come in the shoes they compete in. I read about a kid that I know was measured 6'-3" at that combine. The kid is not 6'-1". So how did that happen?

So they came in elevator shoes? Please. Many of the kids were wearing slides which add practically nothing to height and weight. Basketball shoes don't even add 2 inches. Look it up.

Ridiculous thing to seize on. Not sure why you are choosing to focus on this. It's just dumb. They clearly noted the measurements were done with shoes on. So they are not inaccurate.

Most of the heights and weights you see on team rosters and such are way off. That's not the case here. Again, I'm not sure what your motive is for seizing on this. You are suggesting the heights and weights are 2-3 inches and 5 pounds off. That's just dumb. Kids weren't wearing combat boots to get measured. Show me a shoe that's capable of adding 5 pounds and 3 inches. I'm done because this is just stupid.

Ridiculous thing to seize on. Not sure why you are choosing to focus on this. It's just dumb. They clearly noted the measurements were done with shoes on. So they are not inaccurate.

Most of the heights and weights you see on team rosters and such are way off. That's not the case here. Again, I'm not sure what your motive is for seizing on this. You are suggesting the heights and weights are 2-3 inches and 5 pounds off. That's just dumb. Kids weren't wearing combat boots to get measured. Show me a shoe that's capable of adding 5 pounds and 3 inches. I'm done because this is just stupid.

Like I said shoes hide things such as folded socks or whatever they want to put in them. If they had shoes on were their pockets empty. Did they have warm up pants on with cell phone, change, and wallets? That adds weight. It raises questions to someone who cares.

That part of the combine was done incorrectly. Sorry if you can't come to grips with the truth.

I love the combine circuit. It lets me look at accurate height/weight (something you just can't get from programs a lot of times); verified 40 times; an idea of a kids upper and lower body strength; and some explosive measurements (veritcal jump and broad jump).

Of course it doesn't tell the whole story of what kind of football player a kid is, but it can be useful in comparing athletes who have already performed on the field. These last few comments have gotten a little silly. Noone is saying a combine performance is the be all end all.

As far as people knocking APEC or playing this off as a money grab. WOW! Consider the time and effort put in to putting something like this on and you'll realize it's not that at all. This was an invitation only event. How much did it cost the kids to go? Uh huh.

The large number of events, and the relatively low number and high quality of athletes at this combine made it one of the best combines anywhere in the state. Anywhere. That's a good thing for East Texas athletes. Any way you slice it.

Wait, you're saying that college and pro scouts don't just look at pro numbers and decide if a kid has it all?

These guys need to get a clue. These combines provide a place for kids who don't step on the same field to be compared in hard numbers instead of people like us getting on here and telling everyone what we saw when Little Jimmy had 25 solo tackles against Team X.

Haters gonna hate.....

Like I said shoes hide things such as folded socks or whatever they want to put in them. If they had shoes on were their pockets empty. Did they have warm up pants on with cell phone, change, and wallets? That adds weight. It raises questions to someone who cares.

That part of the combine was done incorrectly. Sorry if you can't come to grips with the truth.

Well, when you are turning in your numbers to Coach Saban, make sure you let him know those height/weight numbers are blatant lies so he's not caught by surprised when his 6'3" QB gets off the plane and is 5'8".....

SMH

Listen!!! I was just making a statement about validity. If I was APEC or ESTN I would want the best numbers possible to be associated to my buisness. For one reason and one reason only. So when people hear about the ESTN combine they would know all the numbers are correct. If you can't get a hieght and weight right then how in the world are you going to get a 40 right. That is what I would be thinking as a recruiter.

And for the 2 intelligent posters that said they don't play football without shoes. I agree. They don't run on a football field without pads yet kids are tested in sliders only. Football speed is football speed. I have seen reported 4.6 guys out run reported 4.4 guys when they are fully padded. Why you ask? Because the 4.6 guy is stronger and carries the padded weight better.

I was never putting anyone down just giving my opinion about how they did the height and weight. Sorry if you don't like my opinion. Even know it is the truth.

The 40 times were laser timed. You could run them in heels it wouldn't change the fact that they were laser timed. One has nothing to do with the other. Your premise is silly. You're trying to make people think shoes added 3 inches and 5 pounds to athletes. Again, show me a pair of running shoes that add 3 inches and 5 pounds to a person. Now, you're saying because they were measured in shoes there would be reason to doubt the 40 times. That's just nonsense.

Recruiting services including 247, scout, espn, and rivals were in attendance. They can see with their own eyes what was going on and how the kids were measured and timed. It's a nonissue.

The 40 times were laser timed. You could run them in heels it wouldn't change the fact that they were laser timed. One has nothing to do with the other. Your premise is silly. You're trying to make people think shoes added 3 inches and 5 pounds to athletes. Again, show me a pair of running shoes that add 3 inches and 5 pounds to a person. Now, you're saying because they were measured in shoes there would be reason to doubt the 40 times. That's just nonsense.

Recruiting services including 247, scout, espn, and rivals were in attendance. They can see with their own eyes what was going on and how the kids were measured and timed. It's a nonissue.

The forty times are laser at the finish. They are not laser at the beginning. So that means the one timing can start the laser when he wants. That is still with human error. So you can argue forty times. I never argued forty times but since you brought it up then I guess I will set you straight. laser start and laser finish would be without human error. These were human start and laser finish. Who says the kids didn't take 2 steps before he started the laser. Were you there? If so were you starting the laser? Anything can be argued. My points are very valid they aren't nonsense.

The forty times are laser at the finish. They are not laser at the beginning. So that means the one timing can start the laser when he wants. That is still with human error. So you can argue forty times. I never argued forty times but since you brought it up then I guess I will set you straight. laser start and laser finish would be without human error. These were human start and laser finish. Who says the kids didn't take 2 steps before he started the laser. Were you there? If so were you starting the laser? Anything can be argued. My points are very valid they aren't nonsense.

You said someone could doubt the accuracy of the 40 times. YOU brought it up. Keep it straight.

You said someone could doubt the accuracy of the 40 times. YOU brought it up. Keep it straight.

I didn't argue them. I said because the other measurables were incorrect then that could make you doubt 40 times. I argued them after you brought it up again. Which my argument was very valid.

I heard the kids weren't actually lifting weights either. It was just plastic cylinders filled with helium.

I didn't argue them. I said because the other measurables were incorrect then that could make you doubt 40 times. I argued them after you brought it up again. Which my argument was very valid.

In other words, you brought it up. lol

x_files_12.jpg

conspiracy.gif