Wyatt Santos---BEAST

Ralex75

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forty times are laser at the finish. They are not laser at the beginning. So that means the one timing can start the laser when he wants. That is still with human error. So you can argue forty times. I never argued forty times but since you brought it up then I guess I will set you straight. laser start and laser finish would be without human error. These were human start and laser finish. Who says the kids didn't take 2 steps before he started the laser. Were you there? If so were you starting the laser? Anything can be argued. My points are very valid they aren't nonsense.

Good grief man.....Everything can be argued.....You do understand that the Nike combine uses the exact same system you describe above for 40 times...Kids there can also put things in their socks to make them taller, wear weighted compression shorts, etc at that combine and others. The point is, ETSN partnered with APEC to showcase the talent of local kids in East Texas. I am baffled by why you or anyone else would want to pick it apart.

Good grief man.....Everything can be argued.....You do understand that the Nike combine uses the exact same system you describe above for 40 times...Kids there can also put things in their socks to make them taller, wear weighted compression shorts, etc at that combine and others. The point is, ETSN partnered with APEC to showcase the talent of local kids in East Texas. I am baffled by why you or anyone else would want to pick it apart.

Well you can say what you want. I wasn't picking it apart until some of you knuckle heads started arguing points. Honestly way to many 4.4 and 4.5's laser timed 40's for me not to doubt the validity. I am just giving my opinion. I don't care what Nike says.

I said the combine was good and it needed to continue. Some things should be done differently though was my point. These numbers don't really matter much anyways. They will have to produce at camps this summer and the colleges will put their own times to them. It is all good. I am glad that it was a success. Ya'll need to get your panties out of a wad. Everything I said had validity.

I would like to know how many of the top 40's were APEC athletes? Who ran the laser? I can bet you those APEC athletes got an extra step when that little button was pushed.

Well you can say what you want. I wasn't picking it apart until some of you knuckle heads started arguing points. Honestly way to many 4.4 and 4.5's laser timed 40's for me not to doubt the validity. I am just giving my opinion. I don't care what Nike says.

I said the combine was good and it needed to continue. Some things should be done differently though was my point. These numbers don't really matter much anyways. They will have to produce at camps this summer and the colleges will put their own times to them. It is all good. I am glad that it was a success. Ya'll need to get your panties out of a wad. Everything I said had validity.

I would like to know how many of the top 40's were APEC athletes? Who ran the laser? I can bet you those APEC athletes got an extra step when that little button was pushed.

Making some valid points is one thing - questioning the character and integrity of the people running the event is completely different.

You can come by my office any time and I'll be glad to discuss the validity of the combine with you. In fact, you can come talk to the entire ETSN and APEC staff, if you want.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension— a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

sorry this thread just took me back........

APEC facilitated the combine in conjunction with ETSN.fm, the sole purpose being to expose the best of East Texas on the collegiate level. East Texas is often overlooked compared to the major metro areas, especially the players from smaller schools and those who aren't necessarily Division I players, but can compete at the next level. That 5-10, 250-pound DT may not be in the league, but he might be good enough to get noticed at an event like the ETSN.fm Combine and get a chance to play in college somewhere.

This combine was not APEC's idea, so let's keep these words to ourselves until we know all the facts, please.

I can assure you, no money was made out of the combine. In fact, quite a bit was sacrificed for the sake of putting it on. There were zero costs for athletes, their families or otherwise.

Just saw on twitter they only have a couple slots open for summer training! I'm sure the combine didn't help that at all.

Just saw on twitter they only have a couple slots open for summer training! I'm sure the combine didn't help that at all.

Of course it helped and they will probably profit from it. Maybe with the added sales tax they pay to the state and income tax they pay to the feds somebody else will keep getting a paycheck.

Wow how this thread has gone off course.

I had two offers from Big 12 schools. They both got pulled this week. I asked if it had to do with my recent trouble with the law, they said no. I asked if it had to do with my recent public twitter spat with my baby's mother, they said no. I asked if it had to do with my 1.8 gpa, they said no. Turns out the Apec and ETSN combine had mis-represented my height by an 1/8 of an inch because I was wearing shoes. Also said Apec had represented themselves so well they might get more business off that which could be a Uil violation I was apart of. Looks like that combine killed my college dreams. Sad sad times.

Awesome.