Robey leaving Cushing for New Caney Porter

Smoaky

Danny Robey will leave as the AD/Head Football/Head Baseball Coach at Cushing High School and join the staff of Reno Moore at New Caney Porter High School.

Robey and Moore were both assistants together under Randy McFarlin at both Daingerfield and Whitehouse.

Robey was 3-17 in two years at Cushing.

Robey did as well as anyone could in Cushing....built up all the programs and had some success....however Cushing politics got him run off...he won 3 football games in 2 years which is pretty darn good for Cushing...good luck coach from Tenaha

I have said all along that Coach McFarlin, Reno, and all of that original staff that came to Whitehouse were special. They were special at Daingerfield too! Those guys will always find a way to win and they know what they are doing. Looks like Reno is keeping some of the pieces together. Those guys will get it done in Porter. Good luck coach Robey! You are a good one.

There is some good talent at Porter, just gotta get a spark and they will take off. I hear they are changing offensive philosophy this year and moving away from the spread.

What?? I thought that Reno invented the spread offense?! At least that's what it seemed whenever the Whitehouse job was open.