Dorian Leonard and KD Cannon

franksnbeans

Curious where these guys are going to end up playing their college ball.

Leonard says he's narrowed it down to Texas and Oklahoma. Most think he's leaning to OK.

KD has lots of options. Baylor seems to be the leader.

With the talent at the WR position being a little down across the state for 2014, the decisions these guys make will be huge for schools in Texas. Will Texas and Texas A&M miss out on both of these top prospects?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard says he's narrowed it down to Texas and Oklahoma. Most think he's leaning to OK.

Hard to tell with Leonard. Tech and Florida St. use to be up there until he announced his final two. Oklahoma was the first to discover Leonard, but Texas has been recruiting him the hardest of any school. We'll see. Don't think we'll hear a decision until July or early August. Other programs could offer between now and then. He's stated that he plans on making a decision before football season.

Whoever lands him is getting a very physical WR.

Hard to tell with Leonard. Tech and Florida St. use to be up there until he announced his final two. Oklahoma was the first to discover Leonard, but Texas has been recruiting him the hardest of any school. We'll see. Don't think we'll hear a decision until July or early August. Other programs could offer between now and then. He's stated that he plans on making a decision before football season.

Whoever lands him is getting a very physical WR.

Big, physical WR. That's what OK likes and that's what Texas needs.

Not real sure which way KD is leaning and the offers keep coming in. It has been interesting to watch Spring Ball, there are multiple colleges at almost every practice. I would have said OK had the upper hand for the longest because they were the first to offer, but not so sure now. I would say he is leaning toward Texas Tech or Baylor right now, but that is just my opinion, not from KD. I think he is just enjoying it and working his tail off!

Curious where these guys are going to end up playing their college ball.

KD has lots of options. Baylor seems to be the leader.

With the talent at the WR position being a little down across the state for 2014, the decisions these guys make will be huge for schools in Texas. Will Texas and Texas A&M miss out on both of these top prospects?

With Ishmael Zamora committing to Baylor look for Texas to push even hard for Leonard. He's not the barn-burner they've been seeking but they still like him a lot.

With Cannon, IMO, it will be between Baylor and Texas Tech.

Please don't go to Tx to be not used properly and end up transferring

I'm with prime in this one. Most of these kids choose the UT's of the world because that WOW factor. Eventually that weats off.

Isn't't the Cannon kid from MP a bit small can he handle big time football? I know he is good but to say he is one of the top 3 receivers in the state at 165 lbs may be stretching it. I could see him being a good steady receiver in college, but can a kid this size dominate major college football? With that being said I hope he does well just surprised they don' that've some bigger more physical receivers at the top of the rankings.

Isn't't the Cannon kid from MP a bit small can he handle big time football? I know he is good but to say he is one of the top 3 receivers in the state at 165 lbs may be stretching it. I could see him being a good steady receiver in college, but can a kid this size dominate major college football? With that being said I hope he does well just surprised they don' that've some bigger more physical receivers at the top of the rankings.

You ever heard of Tavon Austin or Percy Harvin?

You ever heard of Tavon Austin or Percy Harvin?

And if im not mistaken Irvin was a small reciever as well. Cannon is no Irvin by no means but the better recievers have been smaller in size. Rice wasnt a big reciver either. He only had the best hands in history. Cannon has some of the best hands and he can be very slippery, just ask some of the dbs hes went up against. He will b fine whereever he goes.

And if im not mistaken Irvin was a small reciever as well. Cannon is no Irvin by no means but the better recievers have been smaller in size. Rice wasnt a big reciver either. He only had the best hands in history. Cannon has some of the best hands and he can be very slippery, just ask some of the dbs hes went up against. He will b fine whereever he goes.

Agree he reminds me of Pittsburgs Kendall Wright

Yup. Same kind of abilities as well. Wright might have been a bit faster.

I think KD is actually a little faster.

Michael Irvin? Irvin was a big, physical receiver. Irvin was 6'2" 210lbs. KD is more like Desean Jackson.