Inside Texas top 25 for 2015

franksnbeans

Inside Texas released their list of top 25 recruits in Texas for 2015. East Texas is well represented:

1. Daylon Mack/Gladewater/6-2, 295/DT
2. Malik Jefferson/Mesquite Poteet/6-2, 215/LB
3. Kendall Sheffield/Fort Bend Marshall/6-1, 180/CB
4. James Lockhart/Ennis/6-3, 240/DE
5. Cameron Townsend/Fort Bend Ridge Point/6-1, 200/LB
6. Soso Jamabo/Plano West/6-2, 200/RB
7. Jay Bradford/Splendora/5-11, 190/RB
8. Chris Warren III/Rockwall/6-2, 215/ATH
9. Deionte Thompson/West Orange-Stark/6-2, 175/S
10. JW Ketchum/Fort Bend Marshall/6-0, 190/ATH
11. Justin Dunning/Whitehouse/6-4, 200/ATH
12. Larry Pryor/Sulphur Springs/6-1, 195/S

13. Kyler Murray/Allen/5-10, 170/QB
14. Tristan Teuhema/Keller/6-4, 340/OG
15. Jordan Stevenson/Dallas Skyline/5-10, 180/RB
16. Chad President/Temple/6-3, 195/WR
17. Rawleigh Williams III/Dallas Bishop Lynch/5-10, 200/RB
18. Kemah Siverand/Cypress Ridge/6-0, 175/WR
19. Johnny Shaw/Center/6-1, 190/S
20. Damarkus Lodge/Cedar Hill/6-2, 175/WR
21. Jeff Gladney/New Boston/5-10, 165/ATH
22. Morie Evans/Huntsville/5-11, 185/ATH
23. Conner Dyer/Mesquite Horn/6-4, 275/OT
24. Patrick Carr/The Woodlands/5-10, 180/RB
25. Jordan Goss/Dallas South Oak Cliff/6-0 275

Very surprised Longview's JaMychal Hasty and Lufkin's KeKe Coutee are not on the list. But, it's just one list.

The Whitehouse kid at 6'4" is unuasually tall to be looked at as an Ath. He must be lighting fast

Ran a 4.41 laser timed 40 at the ETSN combine. His recruiting is about to explode. Holds an offer from Texas Tech.

Inside Texas released their list of top 25 recruits in Texas for 2015. East Texas is well represented:

1. Daylon Mack/Gladewater/6-2, 295/DT

2. Malik Jefferson/Mesquite Poteet/6-2, 215/LB

3. Kendall Sheffield/Fort Bend Marshall/6-1, 180/CB

4. James Lockhart/Ennis/6-3, 240/DE

5. Cameron Townsend/Fort Bend Ridge Point/6-1, 200/LB

6. Soso Jamabo/Plano West/6-2, 200/RB

7. Jay Bradford/Splendora/5-11, 190/RB

8. Chris Warren III/Rockwall/6-2, 215/ATH

9. Deionte Thompson/West Orange-Stark/6-2, 175/S

10. JW Ketchum/Fort Bend Marshall/6-0, 190/ATH

11. Justin Dunning/Whitehouse/6-4, 200/ATH

12. Larry Pryor/Sulphur Springs/6-1, 195/S

13. Kyler Murray/Allen/5-10, 170/QB

14. Tristan Teuhema/Keller/6-4, 340/OG

15. Jordan Stevenson/Dallas Skyline/5-10, 180/RB

16. Chad President/Temple/6-3, 195/WR

17. Rawleigh Williams III/Dallas Bishop Lynch/5-10, 200/RB

18. Kemah Siverand/Cypress Ridge/6-0, 175/WR

19. Johnny Shaw/Center/6-1, 190/S

20. Damarkus Lodge/Cedar Hill/6-2, 175/WR

21. Jeff Gladney/New Boston/5-10, 165/ATH

22. Morie Evans/Huntsville/5-11, 185/ATH

23. Conner Dyer/Mesquite Horn/6-4, 275/OT

24. Patrick Carr/The Woodlands/5-10, 180/RB

25. Jordan Goss/Dallas South Oak Cliff/6-0 275

Very surprised Longview's JaMychal Hasty and Lufkin's KeKe Coutee are not on the list. But, it's just one list.

Hasty has won a buncha paper awards this offseason. I think people are waiting to see what he actually can do in a full game for whole season. I'm still not really sold on him.

Hasty has won a buncha paper awards this offseason. I think people are waiting to see what he actually can do in a full game for whole season. I'm still not really sold on him.

He's still learning how to be a RB and not a fast guy carrying the ball.

He will be a good one.

Ran a 4.41 laser timed 40 at the ETSN combine. His recruiting is about to explode. Holds an offer from Texas Tech.

Baylor and Texas have offered Justin Dunning in just the last two days. I told you his recruiting was about to explode. ;)

Baylor and Texas have offered Justin Dunning in just the last two days. I told you his recruiting was about to explode. ;)

What's not to like about a guy that's 6'4, 200 pounds that runs a legit 4.4...

Oh, and is pretty darn good at football too.

Keep an eye out for LB RJ Williams from Hooks and Big OT Ryan Cox from Jefferson. They will both be up there before all is said and done.

Williams has been on the scene for a while.

Solid kid when looking at him.

Only knock, IMO, is his height. Talked to him at area track me and was surprised that he was shorter than I thought.

lol maybe he should be measured with shoes on.

Williams has been on the scene for a while.

Solid kid when looking at him.

Only knock, IMO, is his height. Talked to him at area track me and was surprised that he was shorter than I thought.

lol maybe he should be measured with shoes on.

He's thick.

He's still learning how to be a RB

Not sure how many times you've seen this guy run the ball, but he has all of the tools. Vision, carrying, pass blocking etc. Only flaw he may have is the inability to wait on a hole to develop at times(not uncommon with fast RB's).

People are just waiting to see what he'll do in a game as a full time starter. Granted it won't be easy starting off against a team like Coppell who is returning a very beefy LB/DL corps. One of our fellow Lobo posters attended their spring game..and yeah, they haven't missed a beat. I'll also point out that Longview will have at least 4-5 other runners who'll get their carries. But I suppose whenever Hasty isn't lined up at the RB position, he's in the slot. Something I saw often in the spring game.

Wouldn't be surprised if TCU pulled the trigger on Hasty sometime this summer. Other schools like OU and A&M are probably waiting on his "breakout" game.

He's still learning how to be a RB and not a fast guy carrying the ball.

He will be a good one.

Eagle u kno yur stuff so I will trust that. But some already have him better than McGee! IMO...McGee is top three back from Longview so thats sayin a mouthful

Eagle u kno yur stuff so I will trust that. But some already have him better than McGee! IMO...McGee is top three back from Longview so thats sayin a mouthful

I'll make this comparison: Hasty reminds me of LaQuintas Wallace from Tyler Lee. Similar build and both incredibly fast. Many people expected Wallace to be one of the top recruits in the state after his freshman season. For a number of reasons, that never materialized. LaQuintas was a really good runningback, but never a top level recruit. Right now, I see Hasty as a similar back. Like Wallace, Hasty has the ability to become one of the top recruits in the state by the time he's a senior. Will it happen? Nobody knows. Let's sit back and watch it unfold. One thing I know, you can't teach the type of speed like Hasty has.

As far as McGee, totally different kind of back. Don't see the comparison and I agree that we shouldn't even begin to throw the "better than McGee" thing out there yet.

I don't think anyone has him over McGee..period.

One thing that has been preached by some is "Hasty > Mcgee when it's all said and done". Of course no one knows the future, but the comparison being made is Hasty's sophomore year compared to McGee's..in which Hasty had the better sophomore season of course. The off-season accomplishments aren't hurting him either.

Is Hasty better than McGee at this point? Heavens no..and it's not close. However, if Hasty stays on his trend..I believe he will be.

And this is coming from a strong McGee supporter.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be surprised if TCU pulled the trigger on Hasty sometime this summer. Other schools like OU and A&M are probably waiting on his "breakout" game.

Called it. Hasty was offered at TCU camp today.