Cross Roads ISD Hires Giff Durham as Athletic Director

Smoaky

Giff Durham has been hired as the athletic director at Cross Roads High School. According to superintendent Clay Tompkins, Durham will coach either girls basketball or volleyball. And, Durham will be responsible for hiring the next head football coach at Cross Roads.

Durham has been the girls head basketball coach at Mount Pleasant. He replaces Brad Wallace, who was reassigned earlier this year, Wallace was 2-8 in his only season as football coach at Cross Roads.

Folks worried about football haven't got anything to worry about any more.....He'll be behind the football program 100%....comes from a good football bloodline even though he doesn't coach it himself..... :)

True that! I didnt know that until last night!

PAPA Durham cant relate to todays student. I think he would end up in trouble trying to descipline this generation of students. Retirement is the best place for him. His time has come and gone.

THAT in a nutshell, is why this nation is in decline......

As a coach I have always enjoyed coaching against Coach Durham. He is a class act. I could not believe that he left Crossroads for MP in the first place. After reading all these "crazy" posts on here...maybe ya'll need to change some administrators. I KNOW how important ALL extracurricular activities are to small towns and the students who attend those schools. Gotta love those small town "politics" - NOT!!!

Giff Durham has been hired as the athletic director at Cross Roads High School. According to superintendent Clay Tompkins, Durham will coach either girls basketball or volleyball. And, Durham will be responsible for hiring the next head football coach at Cross Roads.

Durham has been the girls head basketball coach at Mount Pleasant. He replaces Brad Wallace, who was reassigned earlier this year, Wallace was 2-8 in his only season as football coach at Cross Roads.

Why in the ____ would he leave Mt Pleasant with the 2 best post in East Texas, and a soph fenom TobinFrost coming back?