Dylan Bowman Male athlete of year at Gilmer

I would like to congratulate Dylan Bowman for being named Male Athlete of the Year at Gilmer.

Just an outstanding young man with wonderful parents (except for the Dad, HE is a bum). };o)

Dylan is the type of young man whome I am sure that this will embarrass but irregardless he deserves an "atta boy". He us the type of kid that all of us pray that I our daughter will hang around with. A true Christian Gentleman,

God Bless and God Speed Dylan, you have your whole life in front of you and you can accomplsih whatever you set your sight on.

Thank you BCP. You are right, Dylan would not like this! :) But, he does deserve credit for his hard work. Not the biggest kid, not the fastest, but just works his tail off every single day. Coach Traylor, when introducing him, talked to the younger kids in Gilmer about how hard work and dedication pays off. Told them to all look at Dylan as an example. Was the smallest kid on the team in junior high, ended up playing varsity football as a sophomore, all 140 pounds of him back then. Worked to graduate at 5'9", 165# and benches about 280! Ended up being a 3 year letterman in football, All District in football, Academic All State, team Captain on the State Finals team. Then in baseball, was a four year letterman, All District every year, Atlanta Tournament MVP, invited to the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association All Star game, which will be played in June at Dell Diamond, and some other honors which will be announced shortly. Will be playing baseball at ETBU. When I asked about the other larger schools recruiting him, he said, "Dad, I prayed about it and ETBU is where I am supposed to be." I could not argue that.

The part I am most proud of as a Dad is this - Ranked in top 20% of class, a dedicated christian who just does the right thing, and is a coaches dream because he just goes out and works and never wants credit and never will second guess a coach. A true leader who does it the right way.

With all of the athletes in Gilmer, this is an award Dylan is very proud of. As a Dad, I can now say, "Well done, young man, you did it right!"

Again, thank you. You are right, his dad is a bum! :) A proud bum though!

By the way, the picture in my sig is of him breaking up a goal line stand against Kilgore for the district championship. A play Coach Traylor said Friday night is one of the top 5 plays in Gilmer football history.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job Dylan, that being said, I cannot even tease Dad, but a young man is truly a refection of his Dad and this is a prome example. Dylan's Dad is is one of the finest men I have ever known. Dylan has not lived his life by accident, he had a role model, not just his Lord, but also his Dad> Dylan may recieved the award but it should be shared with his DAD because that is where he got his work ethic and his itegrity. God Bless and looking forward to a great future and a prowd member of the Army of Buckeyes!

Great job Dylan, that being said, I cannot even tease Dad, but a young man is truly a refection of his Dad and this is a prome example. Dylan's Dad is is one of the finest men I have ever known. Dylan has not lived his life by accident, he had a role model, not just his Lord, but also his Dad> Dylan may recieved the award but it should be shared with his DAD because that is where he got his work ethic and his itegrity. God Bless and looking forward to a great future and a prowd member of the Army of Buckeyes!

Don't know them but I say you are honorable for putting credit where it is due