Cowboys Play Caller

Even Garrett admits he's just a puppet from the article : Garrett, however, wouldn't confirm who the play caller is. The Cowboys coach said there is no real advantage to revealing the decision in early June. He did say he's on board with every decision made by the organization, however.

Bill Callahan may be the new playcaller in title, but he was calling plays last season...he was the running game coordinator. Dallas has often split up playcalling duties between coaches before; Tony Sparano, Hudson Houck, Todd Haley, Jimmy Robinson, etc.

The big news is that Dallas is confirmed to be moving away from the Sid Gilman West Coast offense they've so cherished since the 90's and implementing the Erhardt-Perkins offense, which will allow Romo to no-huddle the game without simply running the 2 minute offense. Playcalling terminology will now be based on multiple formation concepts rather than route number system.

For those fans that watched Dallas' two minute offense constantly save their bacon last year, this is a much approved turn of events.

Man I don't care who's calling the plays if the offensive line still #### so will the boys

I agree the offensive line will need to improve. If Fredericks does nearly as good as they expect and a couple of the previous injured ones, then just maybe they can turn a corner. Provided Doug Free picks his game up and cuts down on his penalties. I know, a lot of big if's.

Man I don't care who's calling the plays if the offensive line still #### so will the boys

It's not just the O-Line that's the problem. Antrel Rolle said it best with a comment he recently made...

"The Dallas Cowboys are a good team," "Maybe they're missing a couple pieces of the puzzle, but I don't think the pieces they're missing are actually the players."

The dysfunction at Valley Ranch grows. Al Da....er Jerry Jones will totally destroy this franchise using only his ego.

Jerry is about making money! The Jaguars & Jets....now those franchises are in serious disarray.

Jerry is about making money! The Jaguars & Jets....now those franchises are in serious disarray.

If the Cowboys would start going to the playoffs they would start making even more money. Is Jerry really content with just making money? One would think he would finally realize that he is hindering the team with all his meddling.

If the Cowboys would start going to the playoffs they would start making even more money. Is Jerry really content with just making money? One would think he would finally realize that he is hindering the team with all his meddling.

Jerry is also the owner and likely set in his ways. Often people in that kind of power live in a bubble. See President Obama for example :P

Jerry is also the owner and likely set in his ways. Often people in that kind of power live in a bubble. See President Obama for example :P

Obama is different he is a puppet for people who have an agenda. Jerry isn't a puppet. He used to have an agenda(winning) besides making money. I would have thought his ego wouldn't tolerate the mediocrity but I guess he has succumbed to the almighty dollar (which should be the yuan when Obama is done with us).

Obama is different he is a puppet for people who have an agenda. Jerry isn't a puppet. He used to have an agenda(winning) besides making money. I would have thought his ego wouldn't tolerate the mediocrity but I guess he has succumbed to the almighty dollar (which should be the yuan when Obama is done with us).

Jerry still wants to win. However, he wants to do it his way. I call it the "Yankee way". He wants to buy stars and he wants them to shine as big an bright as they did in their early years. I swear Jerry was a Stienbrenner....

Just like so many things related to the Cowboys, this is way overblown and overhyped. Garrett being the HC and not the HC/OC is a step in the right direction. The lack of in-game, on-the-fly adjustments hurt the Cowboys last year, freeing Garrett up to analyze a wider range of things while not having to focus so much on play calling should help in this area. Hopefully this is a successful change, as well as the change in defensive coaching staff and scheme. I am looking forward to the season.

Just like so many things related to the Cowboys, this is way overblown and overhyped. Garrett being the HC and not the HC/OC is a step in the right direction. The lack of in-game, on-the-fly adjustments hurt the Cowboys last year, freeing Garrett up to analyze a wider range of things while not having to focus so much on play calling should help in this area. Hopefully this is a successful change, as well as the change in defensive coaching staff and scheme. I am looking forward to the season.

I never thought Garrett was all he was cracked up to be anyway. He is not a very good "game time" decision maker in my opinion.

Obama sure hasn't been helping the American people out much, and if you think his strings are being pulled by the people you're sadly mistaken.

Back on topic, I've been hearing many pundits say that this undermines Garrett's authority in the locker room, and on the sideline. Needless to say, I think if Jason finishes at the record I believe they will, he's going to be out of a job.