Pine Tree beat Longview?!?!

texashigh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out played them; outcoached them; and wanted to win more. PT has always had talent if the parents would stay out of selecting the starting lineup. NEXT QUESTION; Is this the beginning of a new trend?

7 on 7 is no indication of any teams ability to play real tackle football. Look year after year at the teams who qualify for state in 7 on 7. Most do very poorly in their football season. Unless your team is a spread team, they are running plays that were made up for 7 on 7. So they are not working on anything to help them in the season. Many coaches has decided not to play 7 on 7 because of injuries. Congrats to PT. Wait until the season to crown a new champion when the men are separated by the boys in tackle football.

7 on 7 is no indication of any teams ability to play real tackle football. Look year after year at the teams who qualify for state in 7 on 7. Most do very poorly in their football season. Unless your team is a spread team, they are running plays that were made up for 7 on 7. So they are not working on anything to help them in the season. Many coaches has decided not to play 7 on 7 because of injuries. Congrats to PT. Wait until the season to crown a new champion when the men are separated by the boys in tackle football.

+1. 7 on 7 is a joke.

Ole Wolfie will tell you that Longview is just plying around in 3, 2, 1....

Now Gladewatr beating Longview is sumthg to raise an eyebrow at! I dont care if Lobos goofing off r not...Gladewatr is really really really not good this year 7 on 7.

Now Gladewatr beating Longview is sumthg to raise an eyebrow at! I dont care if Lobos goofing off r not...Gladewatr is really really really not good this year 7 on 7.

Yeah. I believe y'all played Gwater last week and both teams, right in middle of the game went to the sideline for water. Tatum and Longview is a different story. A lot of the guys know each other and it's a lot more competitive.

Funny thing is..these two teams both played in the Tyler SQT this past weekend. PT was no where near the caliber of Longview. Also, no one made a thread about it when Longview murdered them in the first matchup. lol

I love the things people say during 7 on 7 season..

Funny thing is..these two teams both played in the Tyler SQT this past weekend. PT was no where near the caliber of Longview. Also, no one made a thread about it when Longview murdered them in the first matchup. lol

Someone was too busy complaining about the LNJ being biased against PT or something along those lines to do that.

I love the things people say during 7 on 7 season..

I agree some of them are...awesome lol!

Like for instance, due to where the parents choose to live, the size of a school one kid attends (or 7) somehow makes him (them) more athletic than a kid (or 7) from a smaller school....love it!!!!

I agree some of them are...awesome lol!

Like for instance, due to where the parents choose to live, the size of a school one kid attends (or 7) somehow makes him (them) more athletic than a kid (or 7) from a smaller school....love iIit!!!!

what u talkin bout Willis?!?

Don't get wrong I love this thread but lets be honest your bragging about a Gloryfied practice. It ranks up there with John Tyler bragging about winning a scrimage against Longview lol just saying...

Lion it's not a practice, it's a good way for some teams to work on passing skills and also gives d-backs some reps against a passing team they might not get in practice. Against some good competition. State champion teams like Lake Travis, SLC and Celina have had great success with 7 on 7!

Longview would spank Tatum in a regular season game, but with athletes like Tatum has, playing LV 7 on 7 the field equals out.....nobody is bragging, just pointing out that small schools have kids that can ball! Just sayin'

Pretty much a joke

La Porte 26, Whitehouse 20

Wylie East 37, Southlake 15

Abilene 48, Cy Creek 33

Manvel 41, Sherman 13

Houston Lamar 51, Hebron 41

Lake Travis 31, Cy Fair 12

Edcouch 40, A&M Consolidated 33

Round two

Terry 40, Woodlands 26

Plano 39, Cinco Ranch 19

Bowie 28, Montwood 14

DeSoto 40, Longview 20

La Porte 36, Plano West 33

Abilene 32, Wylie East 27

Manvel 27, Lamar 12

Lake Travis 47, Edcouch 46

Quarterfinals

Plano 34, Terry 20

Bowie 39, DeSoto 32 (OT)

Abilene 40, La Porte 28

Manvel 59, Lake Travis 41

Semifinals

Plano 32, Arlington Bowie 28

Manvel 51, Abilene 31

Championship

Plano 45, Manvel 28

Not many good fb programs here ...whatever

ITs Not a REAL game just saying....

If LV wins all these Monday nite 7 on 7 games we would hear of their dominance not about their glorified practices...just sayin'!