'Man of Steel' Director Zack Snyder: It's OK for Superman to Be American with Obama in Office

Wild74

Conservatives have embraced Man of Steel, and rightly so, turning it into a cash cow for Warner Bros. The film is open about its religious aspects and has the kind of conservative leanings that we haven't seen in major blockbusters since The Dark Knight Trilogy.

With a sequel already greenlit, reporters are asking the filmmakers for any and all details about their future plans. Conservatives that have embraced the patriotic origin story may be a little disappointed in what director Zack Snyder had to say about the film's patriotism and his plans for the sequel.

When asked by BBC Radio 4 about what needs to happen in the sequel to Superman, Snyder had the following to say:

“He has no choice but to become global… That literally has to happen. But for me I was really interested in – and maybe it’s because Barack Obama’s president now – it’s okay for Superman to be American."

This statement is a little disappointing on two fronts: it's disappointing to hear Snyder plans on taking Superman in the kind of globalist direction the lackluster Superman Returns did, and it's disappointing to hear yet another filmmaker state that patriotism for a country doesn't feel right unless someone they like is in office. Director Roland Emmerich said similar comments a few years ago when asked about why he avoided making Independence Day sequels while President George W. Bush was president.

Perhaps it's best to just give Snyder the benefit of the doubt (though it's hard not to see this statement as both worrisome and just as creepy as First Lady Michelle Obama's comments about being proud of her country for the first time when Obama was first elected). After all, he goes on to say that he was interested in examining through Man of Steel how Superman was a "quintessentially American creature" because of his Middle American upbringing. Snyder has also been open about the film's religious connotations in interviews.

Still, the comments do remind us how truly out of touch Hollywood can be sometimes and it makes me a little more worried for what kind of globalist message Man of Steel 2 will bring. Let's just hope Christopher Nolan and David Goyer (both of Dark Knight fame) keep Snyder from making Superman Returns meets The Obama Effect.

What a sniveling ####

How do you know he doesn't have one?

Because he went to school in Kansas where his grandfather and grandmother lived. I would arrest both of them for harboring a illegal alien. They should have turned him over to the state.

Because he went to school in Kansas where his grandfather and grandmother lived. I would arrest both of them for harboring a illegal alien. They should have turned him over to the state.

The supreme court ruled the states can't enforce immigration laws :P

You know barry and naplitano aren't going to deport him .... who would they call NASA? :lol:

The supreme court ruled the states can't enforce immigration laws :P

You know barry and naplitano aren't going to deport him .... who would they call NASA? :lol:

I would have called ICE and put him on a Russian Rocket and sent him home. Oops his home blew up, probably from global warming

Yes, but he didn't file for food stamps and welfare. He got a good job with the newspaper and speaks English. :P

people like you are the reason your party lost the Hispanic vote by a large margin. You assume every "illegal" that comes here gets on welfare.

Not sure if you know this but illegals can't get welfare. Now the if the illegals have children born on US soil (which makes them legal) they can apply for benefits on their behalf.

Now that is another topic.

The larger point, is that you always make general statements,off the wall statements about groups of people that you know nothing about. And then you wonder why no minorities won't to vote for your guy. Well look in the mirror. Your party is made up of people like you.

First have a little compassion. If as person came to America illegal, in most cases, its because they live in a country that is in terrible economic shape. Which means they are probably in the same boat. So...more than likely they would come to the US with nothing. So a little food is nothing. We spend billions in foreign aid to countries every year. Heck we give the PLO money, and they have ties to terrorism. Food stamps make up 2% of federal budget. That is nothing.

Your complaint should be on these wars that cost us tons of money.

people like you are the reason your party lost the Hispanic vote by a large margin. You assume every "illegal" that comes here gets on welfare.

Not sure if you know this but illegals can't get welfare. Now the if the illegals have children born on US soil (which makes them legal) they can apply for benefits on their behalf.

The larger point, is that you always make general statements,off the wall statements about groups of people that you know nothing about. And then you wonder why no minorities won't to vote for your guy. Well look in the mirror. Your party is made up of people like you.

First have a little compassion. If as person came to America illegal, in most cases, its because they live in a country that is in terrible economic shape. Which means they are probably in the same boat. So...more than likely they would come to the US with nothing. So a little food is nothing. We spend billions in foreign aid to countries every year. Heck we give the PLO money, and they have ties to terrorism. Food stamps make up 2% of federal budget. That is nothing.

You ever thought he knows that but does that to get your goat? I do certain things on here to get a reaction, mainly from screamingeagle....I know exactly what gets his goat.

Wrong, as usual:

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136793&hl=

Actually, Superman is an illegal alien from Krypton.

He was an illegal alien, but he was adopted by American parents Jonathan and Martha Kent. While he can't run for President, his origins are unknown, but he was dropped off at a Smallville orphanage after they found him in the rocket from Krypton. I wish that Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel were still around, or would have left explicit instructions on what they saw for the future of Superman. I don't really care for the modern take on an age old classic Comic book, and I read most of the Superman comics from the 50's-1980. I stopped buying Superman comics when they went up to 75 cents in the late 70's.

They can with stolen identities, which many of them do, because they have to go through the verification process. Illegals are entitled to medical facilities in the United States, and don't have to live in the United States to even have an anchor baby born in an American Hospital. I've explained that in an earlier thread. There are many families on the border that do this, and receive welfare for their American born child, while they still reside in Mexico. By the way the USDA under the direction of President Obama has been actively helping illegal immigrants obtain SNAP. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html .

As for your defense of illegal immigrants, we all know that most Latin American countries aren't the greatest place to make money, but the thing is most illegal immigrants are not coming to the United States to stay. I don't have a problem with people obtaining work visa's or green cards, or if they desire to immigrate here permanently. I'm simply asking them to follow the laws on the books that D.C. is telling them they don't have to anymore. What's even worse now is as long as someone swears that they're a U.S. citizen they can even vote in elections if they fill out the Federal form. How many of those cases will be prosecuted, if they are lying under oath ?

I don't know where you live, but I live in what used to be a German community and has quickly become a liberal haven with hispanic and nut job californian immigration. The local food pantry has been overwhelmed by hispanics who work for a living but use every grain of aid to help themselves. They qualify for aid because of fraudulent claims. The women are here legally but the husbands are not. The women stay at home to raise their gaggle of children and claim they are single mothers. My wife works part time at a local grocery store. She sees the mother come through the checkout line and pay with the lonestar card. She buys $200-300 worth of groceries and has a remaining balance upwards of $1000-1500 after the purchase. Then the husband comes through with a cart full of beer. He opens his wallet to pay for it showing a wad of Benjamins. These people live entirely off the tit of the government.

To add insult to injury, I have hosted a few parties for my kids, during which some hispanic teenagers had the audacity to tell me they, as Mexicans would retake the Alamo and run gringos like me off of my land. So if you're looking for compassion from me don't waste your time. I've seen the underbelly of the beast.

I don't know where you live, but I live in what used to be a German community and has quickly become a liberal haven with hispanic and nut job californian immigration. The local food pantry has been overwhelmed by hispanics who work for a living but use every grain of aid to help themselves. They qualify for aid because of fraudulent claims. The women are here legally but the husbands are not. The women stay at home to raise their gaggle of children and claim they are single mothers. My wife works part time at a local grocery store. She sees the mother come through the checkout line and pay with the lonestar card. She buys $200-300 worth of groceries and has a remaining balance upwards of $1000-1500 after the purchase. Then the husband comes through with a cart full of beer. He opens his wallet to pay for it showing a wad of Benjamins. These people live entirely off the tit of the government.

To add insult to injury, I have hosted a few parties for my kids, during which some hispanic teenagers had the audacity to tell me they, as Mexicans would retake the Alamo and run gringos like me off of my land. So if you're looking for compassion from me don't waste your time. I've seen the underbelly of the beast.

What did they mean by "retake" the Alamo?

^

baron you know our governor is encouraging those Californians to move to Texas? I'm very partial to the Hill Country and I admit drinking some good German beer in Luchenbach some years ago. In fact at one time Marg and company were selling a fine German amber made in Blanco. And my wife and I spent our wedding night in Stillwater Cabin at the Red Corral Ranch after our wedding in Luchenbach. What a hoot that was. Almost Wille showed up unnounced. I had old friends that did hire illegals up Hamilton way to work their ostrich operation. And they supported Bush and Perry. What the heck has gone wrong?

The californian move to the hill country started before Perry initiated his campaign to lure business to Texas. They have been like rats off a sinking ship for the last five years and they all seem to be coming to the hill country, bringing their political and social ideas with them.

Isn't it obvious? Do some research on La Raza.

What does LaRaza have to do with the Alamo?, the Mexicans won at the Alamo so maybe they should try to retake San Jacinto if they want to run the gringos off their land.

What does LaRaza have to do with the Alamo?, the Mexicans won at the Alamo so maybe they should try to retake San Jacinto if they want to run the gringos off their land.

OK, history lesson noted. But in what national territory does the Alamo now reside?

Yeah, I know what you are saying and LucKenbach is not what it once was. Now days Luckenbach is visited on weekends by the Harley riding attorneys out of Austin that play cronyism with Governor Perry and pantomime ilike a bunch of California Hell's Angels.

+1. I didn't want to say anything about the wannabes at Luchenbach They actually act like Hells Angels when they see someone in a Cowboy hat just trying to go to a dance.

OK, history lesson noted. But in what national territory does the Alamo now reside?

Next time tell 'em to go for it - if they think conquering a museum/gift shop will give them a national territory we have nothing to worry about. Let 'em try - Ozzy only took a leak on the Alamo cenotaph and was banned from San Antonio for 9 years until he forked over some cash. Attacking the Alamo may finally get them deported.