'Man of Steel' Director Zack Snyder: It's OK for Superman to Be American with Obama in Office

Wild74

They can with stolen identities, which many of them do, because they have to go through the verification process. Illegals are entitled to medical facilities in the United States, and don't have to live in the United States to even have an anchor baby born in an American Hospital. I've explained that in an earlier thread. There are many families on the border that do this, and receive welfare for their American born child, while they still reside in Mexico. By the way the USDA under the direction of President Obama has been actively helping illegal immigrants obtain SNAP. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html .

As for your defense of illegal immigrants, we all know that most Latin American countries aren't the greatest place to make money, but the thing is most illegal immigrants are not coming to the United States to stay. I don't have a problem with people obtaining work visa's or green cards, or if they desire to immigrate here permanently. I'm simply asking them to follow the laws on the books that D.C. is telling them they don't have to anymore. What's even worse now is as long as someone swears that they're a U.S. citizen they can even vote in elections if they fill out the Federal form. How many of those cases will be prosecuted, if they are lying under oath ?

You do know if you visit Switzerland and you have a heart attack, you will probably get treatment in their hospital. Its because we are a civilized country, Should we let a person die.

and like always, you republicans guys never do your research. The program you linked started in 2004 with GW Bush:

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdamediafb?contentid=2004/07/0301.xml&printable=true

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/18/dems-preserve-us-mexico-food-stamp-partnership-while-usda-prepares-for-meat/

Also you may want to read Bush farm bill in 2002,which gives out more foodstamps:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/rules/Legislation/2002_farm_bill/farmbill_QA.htm

I don't know where you live, but I live in what used to be a German community and has quickly become a liberal haven with hispanic and nut job californian immigration. The local food pantry has been overwhelmed by hispanics who work for a living but use every grain of aid to help themselves. They qualify for aid because of fraudulent claims. The women are here legally but the husbands are not. The women stay at home to raise their gaggle of children and claim they are single mothers. My wife works part time at a local grocery store. She sees the mother come through the checkout line and pay with the lonestar card. She buys $200-300 worth of groceries and has a remaining balance upwards of $1000-1500 after the purchase. Then the husband comes through with a cart full of beer. He opens his wallet to pay for it showing a wad of Benjamins. These people live entirely off the tit of the government.

To add insult to injury, I have hosted a few parties for my kids, during which some hispanic teenagers had the audacity to tell me they, as Mexicans would retake the Alamo and run gringos like me off of my land. So if you're looking for compassion from me don't waste your time. I've seen the underbelly of the beast.

Dude, I never said they can't get stamps through Fraud. Heck fraud happens among legal citizens everyday. I knew of a girl that bought a house with another person credit. Yes people cheat the system. Many people get gov. help by cheating the system. But the point is that on the books its illegal. By the way, don't blame Obama only, because many illegals live in Texas, Arizona,Utah,Oklahoma,etc.. These are republican states.

I also mention that if an illegal has a kid born in the US they can get benefits on their behalf. So the hispanics you speak of, may have legal kids. And if they do, they are not breaking any laws.

By they way, I don't like people getting free rides either, but foodstamps make up 2% of federal budget. In other words, there are bigger fish to fry.

Dude, I never said they can't get stamps through Fraud. Heck fraud happens among legal citizens everyday. I knew of a girl that bought a house with another person credit. Yes people cheat the system. Many people get gov. help by cheating the system. But the point is that on the books its illegal. By the way, don't blame Obama only, because many illegals live in Texas, Arizona,Utah,Oklahoma,etc.. These are republican states.

I also mention that if an illegal has a kid born in the US they can get benefits on their behalf. So the hispanics you speak of, may have legal kids. And if they do, they are not breaking any laws.

By they way, I don't like people getting free rides either, but foodstamps make up 2% of federal budget. In other words, there are bigger fish to fry.

That is true, most, if not all of the chicken farmers around here are Republicans and everyone of them take subsidies to build litter barns . Most of them got grants to build their chicken houses.

Went to seen the new Man of Steel superman movie yesterday. I was a little disappointed comparing it to the older superman movies. It was almost nonstop fighting and destruction. I expected more of a storyline and plot.

Krypton was destroyed because they destabilized their core drilling for resources, according to what I remember, but then I was going for extra butter on my popcorn at one point.

The comic book versions that I read based it on the nuclear core of Krypton that ended up destroying it. I don't know about any drilling being done, but the Science Council mocked Jor-El for his scientific discovery, and the reason he sent Kal-El to a habitable planet.

You do know if you visit Switzerland and you have a heart attack, you will probably get treatment in their hospital. Its because we are a civilized country, Should we let a person die.

and like always, you republicans guys never do your research. The program you linked started in 2004 with GW Bush:

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdamediafb?contentid=2004/07/0301.xml&printable=true

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/18/dems-preserve-us-mexico-food-stamp-partnership-while-usda-prepares-for-meat/

Also you may want to read Bush farm bill in 2002,which gives out more foodstamps:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/rules/Legislation/2002_farm_bill/farmbill_QA.htm

That doesn't give one citizenship if you're born in Switzerland, so yes I know. I understand, that the program started under Bush, and amnesty was granted by Reagan. Nothing has changed in the past 30 years to remedy the problem.

As to the movie Superman - it was great - watched it this last weekend. Course I never look for "undertones" of a movie... good grief... It's a movie. What it does show is and has always been Superman's main core - compassion. And the Superman guy since he played in Immortals has gotten a LOT, LOT bigger - and he's good in that - his attitude was the same in Immortals, compassion and fighting for what's right.

I would estimate that there had to have been hudreds of thousands of innocent people killed in the wake of the fighting and destruction between Superman and his foes during this movie. Huge portions of cities completely destroyed, buildings crumbling around people, Superman and his foes smashing through multiple buildings that had to be occupied. That type of mass destruction and certain loss of life never happened in the comic book, nor the other Superman movies. Sure, there were people who died in the comic and other movies, but nothing like this. I know it all looked dramatic on the big screen, but this deviated so far from the original comic book story I kept thinking this isn't really happening to all these people. I do agree about the compassion and goodness of Superman in the movie.

Smallville was the first big fight, where Clark's mom got manhandled, and their entire downtown got smashed. You nod off during that part or were you checking your Facebook updates for Rush wisdom?

The big destruction was in the larger city of Metropolis ... how many dill pickles did you eat to get that sourpuss look on your face?