All East Texas Softball is a JOKE

Cat51993

I thought we were talking about the All East Texas team. And a SS who was All State but not All East Texas. And it seemed as though you were asking where she was signed or committed as if she couldn't be good enough to be 1st team if she hadn't already signed. I know kids personally who have d1 offers on the table and visits scheduled who have not yet committed. I am very aware of Colorado this weekend. I know a kid that could have went there and Cali but chose not to. Not based on lack of talent but because she has a 17act and 2.6 gpa. And cant afford 100 bucks a month to a team plus the expense to travel to Colorado or the rest of her tuition cost at an expensive school because her scholarship was split between 4 players. Instead she will be in Plano next weekend where there will be tons of highly talented kids being recruited by D1,D2,D3, NAIA, and Jucco coaches. More realistic for her situation. Not her lack of talent. Its all good coach45c! Have a happy 4th!

Did I ever mention that she wasn't good enough. I asked where she was going to College. I also know that several kids can't go DI because of finances. But that is neither here nor there. My comments were about the Top Tier DI prospects being already committed. If you don't believe that, then you really are in the dark. There are tons of qualified kids and tons of scholarships still available and I never once belittled or said anything negative. Just stated the facts.

Have a great 4th also!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I ever mention that she wasn't good enough. I asked where she was going to College. I also know that several kids can't go DI because of finances. But that is neither here nor there. My comments were about the Top Tier DI prospects being already committed. If you don't believe that, then you really are in the dark. There are tons of qualified kids and tons of scholarships still available and I never once belittled or said anything negative. Just stated the facts.

Have a great 4th also!

K :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen most of the girls on this list and most other superlative lists in ET. They are deserving. But you could replace most of them with girls that didn't make 1st or 2nd team and the teams would be just as good and someone would feel slighted. Its just opinions. The truth is, ET is a hot spot for softball talent. I was at a college showcase in Round Rock a couple of weeks ago and talked to a college coach from Kansas. He coached baseball at Woodville and his wife coached softball there before moving to Kansas to coach college softball. They do 70% of their recruiting in Texas! He told me the numbers of talented, solid, softball players coming out of EAST Texas was astonishing. Last summer I was lucky enough to watch an 18u game in Alabama with Pat Murphy. Both teams were from Texas. So that being said, picking these teams is tough because SO MANY girls put up good stats. Go to Maxpreps and check out some of these girls stats off and def. And also look at the NATIONAL leaders on there. A huge chunk of them are from Texas. In fact the stats I listed above are in the top 10-20 for a couple of catagories nationally. Keep working hard girls, the right people are taking notice.

No offense and sorry for the old post,but I would have to disagree with this. The level of softball in east Texas is weak. Stats are crazy because pitching and fielding are weak. Moving the rubber back have really helped the hitters. Texas has some really good softball, but it is found in Houston, Waco area, and parts of Dallas area.

Texas has some really good softball, but it is found in Houston, Waco area, and parts of Dallas area.

I Kinda agree with what you are saying but Houston, Waco and Dallas is where the money is at. Youalso left out n San Antonio and Austin but most of the teams are watered down. If you look at the rosters of the elite teams and you will see East Texas All over them. Impact Gold, DFW Firecrackers, and Texas Glory, Austin Stars, Beaumaont Blast, and Bombers all have an East Texas Stamp on them. They go there because of the recruiting help they give. All these girls comeback and play highschool ball in East Texas. On top of that - you have club ball teams from East Texas - Sneaky Cleats, Heartbreakers, Nitro, and Bad Attitude that travel every week and give as well as they take against these elite teams.

It is the reason Hudson,Central, Hunnington and Garrison are in the hunt year in and year out.

Where I think Club Ball hurts East Texas is they raid they top talent. This often leaves the local developmental leagues with no pitching. They also never see top competition and do not make the step to the next level. When the girls that come back from travel ball and play highschool ball against them is when you see the stats go through the roof.

In 3a down a good rule of thumb is if a highschool has at least 4 club ball players they have a good shot at playoffs. If you are blessed with more than that you are going to be dangerous tam in playoffs

Just my opinion. Dont want to start a Highschool Vs Club Ball Debate

I Kinda agree with what you are saying but Houston, Waco and Dallas is where the money is at. Youalso left out n San Antonio and Austin but most of the teams are watered down. If you look at the rosters of the elite teams and you will see East Texas All over them. Impact Gold, DFW Firecrackers, and Texas Glory, Austin Stars, Beaumaont Blast, and Bombers all have an East Texas Stamp on them. They go there because of the recruiting help they give. All these girls comeback and play highschool ball in East Texas. On top of that - you have club ball teams from East Texas - Sneaky Cleats, Heartbreakers, Nitro, and Bad Attitude that travel every week and give as well as they take against these elite teams.

It is the reason Hudson,Central, Hunnington and Garrison are in the hunt year in and year out.

Where I think Club Ball hurts East Texas is they raid they top talent. This often leaves the local developmental leagues with no pitching. They also never see top competition and do not make the step to the next level. When the girls that come back from travel ball and play highschool ball against them is when you see the stats go through the roof.

In 3a down a good rule of thumb is if a highschool has at least 4 club ball players they have a good shot at playoffs. If you are blessed with more than that you are going to be dangerous tam in playoffs

Just my opinion. Dont want to start a Highschool Vs Club Ball Debate

I don't disagree...some solid teams in aaa. Club and select ball is teaching our kids how to not compete.

No offense and sorry for the old post,but I would have to disagree with this. The level of softball in east Texas is weak. Stats are crazy because pitching and fielding are weak. Moving the rubber back have really helped the hitters. Texas has some really good softball, but it is found in Houston, Waco area, and parts of Dallas area.

Are you just trolling, or are you in some way involved with East Texas Softball? Because I think you may be misinformed. As osup116 said there are lots of East Texas kids that play select ball on teams based in the areas you mentioned, but there are also some ET teams that compete very well on a high level.

Are you just trolling, or are you in some way involved with East Texas Softball? Because I think you may be misinformed. As osup116 said there are lots of East Texas kids that play select ball on teams based in the areas you mentioned, but there are also some ET teams that compete very well on a high level.

I agree there are some good players from east Texas. There are also some talented club and select ball teams from this area...however, as a whole, east Texas softball, IMO is relatively weak. This is due to many issues that I'm sure you are aware of. Athleticism in east Texas is the best I have ever witnessed anywhere...however, softball I.Q. Is horrendously low (generally speaking). I hope that changes and am working everyday towards that goal.

I agree there are some good players from east Texas. There are also some talented club and select ball teams from this area...however, as a whole, east Texas softball, IMO is relatively weak. This is due to many issues that I'm sure you are aware of. Athleticism in east Texas is the best I have ever witnessed anywhere...however, softball I.Q. Is horrendously low (generally speaking). I hope that changes and am working everyday towards that goal.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...Moving on!

There is so much talent in east texas but it gets over looked every year because they stayed with there east texas select team that did not show them off. Then they get recruited by a smaller schools.

Taylor can play D1, seen her play multiple times.

But I will say this 2014 top D1 schools r done. 2015 r done, there only going after the ungodly talent that r late in the recruting. One of my pitchers Tucker 2015 just verbal to South Alabama and she was there last 2015.

LA tech, Alabama, Oregon, OSU, Arkansas, Lsu, Michigan St, Michigan, Florida, Florida st, A&m, Baylor, and the list goes on that r done with 2015. These r the few that I have talked to and they r just concentrating on 2016, and 2017.

By the end of the month 6 of our 2016 will be verbal. One to UTA, Kentucky, South Alabama, UCF.

One has offers from Oregon, UT, Kentucky, south Alabama. She has a tough choice coming up.

Come play Bad Attitude - LOL

There is so much talent in east texas but it gets over looked every year because they stayed with there east texas select team that did not show them off. Then they get recruited by a smaller schools.

I agree. Hard to compete with the money coming out of Bigger Cities. The bigger clubs offer personel recruiters, hitting coaches, and even pitching coaches. They have coaches that are celebrities in the softball world - Amanda Scroubroh comes to mind - Lots of parents and players don't mind making that drive

So this whole thread was about a girl who didn't make all ET Softball or whatever in the MNM... Lots of complaining saying she could go D1 etc... Then she commits to ETBU?

We have had some great talent pass through ETBU in the time I was there and the years after I left. Very few, maybe 1-2 any given year had D1 type talent.

So what am I missing here and is the dad still bitter that his daughter didn't make page 4 in the MNM?

I agree. Hard to compete with the money coming out of Bigger Cities. The bigger clubs offer personel recruiters, hitting coaches, and even pitching coaches. They have coaches that are celebrities in the softball world - Amanda Scroubroh comes to mind - Lots of parents and players don't mind making that drive

These East Texas parents have got to learn if they want there daughter to get seen by the big D1 they got to let them travel on there own, with the team. Saves a lot of money, thats how all the big organization roll.

Amandas a great coach and she coaches with one of r 18u gold teams out of Houston.

Has bad attitude decided on what organization they r going to go to. Impact Gold?

• 1 month later...