All East Texas Softball is a JOKE

Cat51993

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking an all -anything can be tough.Things to consider are,how big an area do you consider east Texas,level of compitition a girl plays in,stats,and having seen a girl play in person.Sometimes a coach doesn't send in stats ,so that hinders a girls chances.Team records also may contribute to a girl being overlooked.I watch a lot of softball in this area and would hate to have the job of picking an all-area team.You can't always please everyone because everyone has their own favorites.I myself have my own team that I follow and was disappointed that some off my team didn't make first or second team,but that's part of being a fan and you just have to live with it.

My daughter did not make it either. And I picked her to be on the All Star Team every year!!! Not to mention she is on three "select" teams. My friends all say that means nothing except that I was selected to write checks for hundreds of dollars but they are just pulling my leg........aren't they?

Here are some stats of another SS on the HM list. She was 1st team All Area in Texarkana Gazzette. My point is that there are a lot of girls that are straight up top notch players, who didn't make the 1st or 2nd team. Those lists are only someones opinion based on coaches info. I wouldn't worry too much about it. At the end of the day, its all about doing something they love and being able to play at the next level while getting an education at a reduced cost. To me, that's the recognition that counts and the "list" you really want to be on. Congrats to all!

.513 avg

60 hits

52 rbis

47 runs

16 2b

9 3b

4 hr

.906 slugging %

16 of 17 stolen bases

On a side note, it amazes me the # of coaches that cant tell the difference between a hit and reached on error! I read a lot of game stories in LNJ of games I attended that just simply did not have near the hits reported. Keep playing hard girls, the right recognition will come if its deserved in most cases. :)

Softball is not alone. Every year in every sport there are a bunch of very talented kids left off all star lists while kids with less talent get honored. This will never change. The only solution I can think of is create your own media front and create your own all star team. Lord knows there are a bunch of them these days.

Ok STUD.....if I read your post right....it has alot to do with parents and THEIR perception of their child....also as BCP has enlightened us...select teams and all star teams alot of times are just that...you "selected" to write the check and THAT has made you an all-star on someones team.....the Beckville girl looks good on paper...as do alot of other girls. Now come the Liberal/Conservative slant......The liberal thinks all should be "winners" and to many of us that are "old"...that is a "new" concept...back in my day....19mmmmmmmm...If you made the team ok....if not...you sat out till next year or you realized maybe you were not meant to be a

______player.....these "forward thinking" parents want "sissy or jr" to play at all costs.....probably because they themselves were the ones not picked or last to be picked....I'm sorry, in society that's the way it is...not all can be winners....Liberals also want to "even the playing field"...by not keeping score or giving everyone a trophy.....These people are skewing their child's mind.....had an old college professor that use to say TANSTAAFL(tan staff L)...their ain't no such thing as a free lunch....In life you win some you lose some.....Heck if these forward thinkers had their way we would have 2,3,4 presidents at one time...we don't want to "hurt their feelings"....in the old days in football ONLY the district winner played in the play-offs....have seen MANY good football teams sit home because they came in 2nd in the district...NOW we have 4 go...WOW...as has been pointed out an 0-10 team could go to the play-offs because of some district having only 4 teams.......WOW...my old HS coach if we would have been the 0-10 team to make the play-offs say boys we don't deserve to play in the play-offs...and we would not have played......we are rewarding mediocrity!!!!!!!!...thought athletics is suppose to bring out the BEST in all of us....sorry I have been told way too many times I ramble too much...but I just had to get that off my mind.....I feel 10 lbs lighter now....LOL

I have seen most of the girls on this list and most other superlative lists in ET. They are deserving. But you could replace most of them with girls that didn't make 1st or 2nd team and the teams would be just as good and someone would feel slighted. Its just opinions. The truth is, ET is a hot spot for softball talent. I was at a college showcase in Round Rock a couple of weeks ago and talked to a college coach from Kansas. He coached baseball at Woodville and his wife coached softball there before moving to Kansas to coach college softball. They do 70% of their recruiting in Texas! He told me the numbers of talented, solid, softball players coming out of EAST Texas was astonishing. Last summer I was lucky enough to watch an 18u game in Alabama with Pat Murphy. Both teams were from Texas. So that being said, picking these teams is tough because SO MANY girls put up good stats. Go to Maxpreps and check out some of these girls stats off and def. And also look at the NATIONAL leaders on there. A huge chunk of them are from Texas. In fact the stats I listed above are in the top 10-20 for a couple of catagories nationally. Keep working hard girls, the right people are taking notice.

My daughter did not make it either. And I picked her to be on the All Star Team every year!!! Not to mention she is on three "select" teams. My friends all say that means nothing except that I was selected to write checks for hundreds of dollars but they are just pulling my leg........aren't they?

+1

Ok STUD.....if I read your post right....it has alot to do with parents and THEIR perception of their child....also as BCP has enlightened us...select teams and all star teams alot of times are just that...you "selected" to write the check and THAT has made you an all-star on someones team.....the Beckville girl looks good on paper...as do alot of other girls. Now come the Liberal/Conservative slant......The liberal thinks all should be "winners" and to many of us that are "old"...that is a "new" concept...back in my day....19mmmmmmmm...If you made the team ok....if not...you sat out till next year or you realized maybe you were not meant to be a

______player.....these "forward thinking" parents want "sissy or jr" to play at all costs.....probably because they themselves were the ones not picked or last to be picked....I'm sorry, in society that's the way it is...not all can be winners....Liberals also want to "even the playing field"...by not keeping score or giving everyone a trophy.....These people are skewing their child's mind.....had an old college professor that use to say TANSTAAFL(tan staff L)...their ain't no such thing as a free lunch....In life you win some you lose some.....Heck if these forward thinkers had their way we would have 2,3,4 presidents at one time...we don't want to "hurt their feelings"....in the old days in football ONLY the district winner played in the play-offs....have seen MANY good football teams sit home because they came in 2nd in the district...NOW we have 4 go...WOW...as has been pointed out an 0-10 team could go to the play-offs because of some district having only 4 teams.......WOW...my old HS coach if we would have been the 0-10 team to make the play-offs say boys we don't deserve to play in the play-offs...and we would not have played......we are rewarding mediocrity!!!!!!!!...thought athletics is suppose to bring out the BEST in all of us....sorry I have been told way too many times I ramble too much...but I just had to get that off my mind.....I feel 10 lbs lighter now....LOL

Glad you got the weight down, but you still make absolutely, positively no sense. UIL has nothing to do with being a liberal or a conservative. Please try harder sir.

She will be going into her Sr. Year.

Well the reason I asked is that most of the top talent in Texas have committed prior to their SR years in high school. I know that 90% of DI's are recruiting incoming sophs and Freshmen right now. They already have their 2013(fall)/2014 classes committed. I was wondering if she had committed. Just curious.

Well the reason I asked is that most of the top talent in Texas have committed prior to their SR years in high school. I know that 90% of DI's are recruiting incoming sophs and Freshmen right now. They already have their 2013(fall)/2014 classes committed. I was wondering if she had committed. Just curious.

A lot of kids have committed, A lot have not. There is still a lot of money for 2014 kids. A lot will commit in the fall of their SR year.

A lot of kids have committed, A lot have not. There is still a lot of money for 2014 kids. A lot will commit in the fall of their SR year.

All the top DI's have already filled up on 2014's. There are tons of Scholly's out there, but only maybe a handful of the top notch DI's. I know for a fact that UT, aTm, Baylor, OU, LSU, Bama, Tenn, etc are already filling up 2015 and 2016. Ain't looking at 2014's right now.

95% of the top Talent in Texas has already committed. If they haven't, then they aren't going DI. Just a few are out there.

Lol. 95% of the top talent? How many would you say are in the top talent? 3?9? I know for a fact that a lot of D1s, D2s, D3s (who cant offer athletic money), NAIA, and Jucco, are still very active in recruiting, corresponding with, watching games, and signing 2014 players. Top Notch D1s? Of course they will get the cream of the crop, nationally. Only a couple of kids from E T will sign with those schools. Yes they are recruiting 2015 and 2016, agreed. Some of the top players are not D1 students. Some can't afford or are not willing to pay to attend some of the better schools. One kid comes to mind right now who visited 2 D2 schools and left offers on the table to go to a JR college for financial reasons. Her parents were just out of reach for any FAFSA help and they didn't want to be strapped with student loans. Where a kid goes to college is not always an indication of how talented they are. Lots of reasons why some of the top talent wont go D1. But to assume that a player is not among top Texas talent because she hasn't signed with one of the schools mentioned above is an incorrect assumption inmho. There are thousands of kids nation wide competing for those few D1 scholarships. Good luck to all the East Texas girls!

She has offers , but has not committed anywhere.

if she had her choice where do you think should would choose to go?

Lol. 95% of the top talent? How many would you say are in the top talent? 3?9? I know for a fact that a lot of D1s, D2s, D3s (who cant offer athletic money), NAIA, and Jucco, are still very active in recruiting, corresponding with, watching games, and signing 2014 players. Top Notch D1s? Of course they will get the cream of the crop, nationally. Only a couple of kids from E T will sign with those schools. Yes they are recruiting 2015 and 2016, agreed. Some of the top players are not D1 students. Some can't afford or are not willing to pay to attend some of the better schools. One kid comes to mind right now who visited 2 D2 schools and left offers on the table to go to a JR college for financial reasons. Her parents were just out of reach for any FAFSA help and they didn't want to be strapped with student loans. Where a kid goes to college is not always an indication of how talented they are. Lots of reasons why some of the top talent wont go D1. But to assume that a player is not among top Texas talent because she hasn't signed with one of the schools mentioned above is an incorrect assumption inmho. There are thousands of kids nation wide competing for those few D1 scholarships. Good luck to all the East Texas girls!

When you talk TOP TALENT it means that, the ELITE. I realize there are tons of kids who are talented all over East Texas, but I didn't say "talent" I said Top Talent. There is a difference. If you aren't going or getting offered by the Top Programs you are not a Top Talent!!!! It is really very simple!!!

You take it that I was criticizing, I am not. I am a huge advocate for Fastpitch Softball. I am only stating facts. If you want to see the Top talent in Texas, they are playing in Colorado this weekend. It is amazing to see the talent that is in Texas, and it is a reason why Texas is #2 in softball recruiting in the country.

When you talk TOP TALENT it means that, the ELITE. I realize there are tons of kids who are talented all over East Texas, but I didn't say "talent" I said Top Talent. There is a difference. If you aren't going or getting offered by the Top Programs you are not a Top Talent!!!! It is really very simple!!!

You take it that I was criticizing, I am not. I am a huge advocate for Fastpitch Softball. I am only stating facts. If you want to see the Top talent in Texas, they are playing in Colorado this weekend. It is amazing to see the talent that is in Texas, and it is a reason why Texas is #2 in softball recruiting in the country.

I thought we were talking about the All East Texas team. And a SS who was All State but not All East Texas. And it seemed as though you were asking where she was signed or committed as if she couldn't be good enough to be 1st team if she hadn't already signed. I know kids personally who have d1 offers on the table and visits scheduled who have not yet committed. I am very aware of Colorado this weekend. I know a kid that could have went there and Cali but chose not to. Not based on lack of talent but because she has a 17act and 2.6 gpa. And cant afford 100 bucks a month to a team plus the expense to travel to Colorado or the rest of her tuition cost at an expensive school because her scholarship was split between 4 players. Instead she will be in Plano next weekend where there will be tons of highly talented kids being recruited by D1,D2,D3, NAIA, and Jucco coaches. More realistic for her situation. Not her lack of talent. Its all good coach45c! Have a happy 4th!

Nope .they be for real..LOL