1. 1. What is your favorite?

• El Chico
    • Papacitas
    • Superior Bar & Grill
    • Posados
    • Jalapeno Tree
    • Nicky's
    • Pancho's

You're not gonna find good seafood this far away from the coast. Just because David Beard's has shrimp and oysters, doesn't mean it's a seafood restaurant. As far as the Mexican restaurants on every corner, I lived in Ft. Walton Beach and Navarre, Florida for four years. It's the same way with seafood restaurants down there.

You're not gonna find good seafood this far away from the coast. Just because David Beard's has shrimp and oysters, doesn't mean it's a seafood restaurant. As far as the Mexican restaurants on every corner, I lived in Ft. Walton Beach and Navarre, Florida for four years. It's the same way with seafood restaurants down there.

Yep, but we are not close to Mexico.

I would love to have a Mexican Food restaurant other than Superior Grill where I'm at. All the rest taste like my sainted mother tried to make it, they don't use enough green chilies, jalepeno's, poblanos, and they don't use cheddar cheese !!

I've been gone from Tyler for 2 years, but it was saturated enough then.

I miss Coffee Landing and Cace's in Tyler. I still don't know why Cace's went out of business, but it became Carreta's. That's another story. One thing I've never understood is why Tyler hasn't had a great Steak House. I can remember going to Hoffbrau for years, but it was shut down, but nothing has ever taken it's place. Texas Roadhouse and Outback are too generic for me.

Does Tyler really need a Mexican Food Joint on every street corner? Why can't someone come in and open a true Seafood Restaurant? By the way, Breakers ain't the answer...................................

Doesnt Fat Catz have seafood. Seems like I've had crab and shrimp there.......its supposed to be Cajun, but it ain't.

I would love to have a Mexican Food restaurant other than Superior Grill where I'm at. All the rest taste like my sainted mother tried to make it, they don't use enough green chilies, jalepeno's, poblanos, and they don't use cheddar cheese !!

I've been gone from Tyler for 2 years, but it was saturated enough then.

I miss Coffee Landing and Cace's in Tyler. I still don't know why Cace's went out of business, but it became Carreta's. That's another story. One thing I've never understood is why Tyler hasn't had a great Steak House. I can remember going to Hoffbrau for years, but it was shut down, but nothing has ever taken it's place. Texas Roadhouse and Outback are too generic for me.

What you're talking about is tex-mex. Authentic Mexican food uses colby and/or monterrey jack - or goat cheese. I don't care for tex-mex - Timpson has a good mexican food place called Rancho Grande - it has expanded to about 5 or 6 other restaurants in other towns but none are as good as the one in Timpson-IMO. Jalapeno Tree is awful. La Carretta in Nacogdoches is petty good -El Pollo Loco es muy bien y muy grande!!!! Really good quail fajitas too!

I raise my own beef and do not eat at steakhouses - never found one I liked as well as home cooked. K-Bob's was okay back in the day.

When I was dating my wife, Fisherman's Market in Longview in the "Old" Luby's/Louis Morgan shopping Center was pretty good for semi-fast food seafood. Is it still open?

Now Pappadeaux's - that's good seafood. But for mom and pop local seafood, Pineywoods in Center is not bad. Ralph and Kacoo's in Bossier very good. - the Lufkin one - no Bueno!

The Stingaree on Bolivar Penninsula - [intercoastal waterway side] was the best and freshest seafood I ever had [other than some places in Corpus Christi] But I don't know if it survived IKE.

^ Back then 25+ years ago - the same person owned The Butcher Shop and Fisherman's Market. My girlfriend's < now my wife] roommate worked at Fisherman's Market and the manager would cook for the employees after closing - that was gourmet stuff - we would get the leftovers when she came home!

Is the Fisherman's Market still off the Gilmer Hwy in that shopping center that at one time had the grocery store. I think it was a Kroger or Albertson's. If not where is it now?

The original was off Judson Rd and Pegues/Fairmont by the Louis Morgan Drug Store. They did open a #2 over by what used to be Tom Thumb, then Albertson's, and I think it was in the same location as the Godfather's Pizza. There was also a Wyatts and a Video Store on the west part of that shopping center. It was one of the first video store's in Longview.

It is and always has been off of Judson Rd. at Johnston St. next to where Luby's used to be.

No, they had a branch off of Gilmer road back in the late 80's because my husband and I used to eat there when we first got married. Where you living in Longview then?

• Mr. P changed the title to 🌮 Your Favorite Mexican Restaurant