1. 1. What is your favorite?

• El Chico
    • Papacitas
    • Superior Bar & Grill
    • Posados
    • Jalapeno Tree
    • Nicky's
    • Pancho's

The original was off Judson Rd and Pegues/Fairmont by the Louis Morgan Drug Store. They did open a #2 over by what used to be Tom Thumb, then Albertson's, and I think it was in the same location as the Godfather's Pizza. There was also a Wyatts and a Video Store on the west part of that shopping center. It was one of the first video store's in Longview.

Thank you!! I am not losing my mind and memory.

^ Back then 25+ years ago - the same person owned The Butcher Shop and Fisherman's Market. My girlfriend's < now my wife] roommate worked at Fisherman's Market and the manager would cook for the employees after closing - that was gourmet stuff - we would get the leftovers when she came home!

George Moody owns both now. I forget his first name but his last name was Spiro, he owned fishermans market till he died a while back.

I think Joe's Crab Shack would be a hit in Tyler.

Joe's Crab Shack is the most over rated excuse for a seafood restaurant I have ever experienced. I have tried several (only the first time was as a willing participant) and can't stand the place!

one was on alpine and 80...now its a tobacco place....there was another on judson road that became a donut place ...now its southside bank .....if i remember 30 years ago correctly. a chicken fried steak so thin that it was folded over 2-3 times to fit on a bun...loved them

George Moody owns both now. I forget his first name but his last name was Spiro, he owned fishermans market till he died a while back.

No, you remembered the first name - Spiro. The last name was Mijalis. I didn't know he had passed.

one was on alpine and 80...now its a tobacco place....there was another on judson road that became a donut place ...now its southside bank .....if i remember 30 years ago correctly. a chicken fried steak so thin that it was folded over 2-3 times to fit on a bun...loved them

Had one in Tyler on 5th street close to Tjc. You ordered from a telephone inside your booth.

Joe's Crab Shack is the most over rated excuse for a seafood restaurant I have ever experienced. I have tried several (only the first time was as a willing participant) and can't stand the place!

I agree, nasty.

Was a place when I was growing up back in my Daingerfield days, going toward Ore City on 259. Just prior, on 155 I believe (rode that takes you to Gilmer) was a place called Catfish Village. Man, I loved this place back in 70-80's and miss it badly since moving. Truth be known---I miss the whole area. Took it for granted when I lived there, now I often find my mind wondering back to Lone Star Lake, and how the rolling steel, clanging into one another would often put me to sleep at night in Jenkins. Really was a great place to be kid.

Anyways, back to food. No way a Joe's Crab Shack compared to this place----Catfish Village. Love those hush puppies with butter. Hmmmm-- make my mouth water now just thinking.

Please tell it's still on 155, just on the right hand side as you exit off 259? Or, did it go as the steel industry declined as well?

Was a place when I was growing up back in my Daingerfield days, going toward Ore City on 259. Just prior, on 155 I believe (rode that takes you to Gilmer) was a place called Catfish Village. Man, I loved this place back in 70-80's and miss it badly since moving. Truth be known---I miss the whole area. Took it for granted when I lived there, now I often find my mind wondering back to Lone Star Lake, and how the rolling steel, clanging into one another would often put me to sleep at night in Jenkins. Really was a great place to be kid.

Anyways, back to food. No way a Joe's Crab Shack compared to this place----Catfish Village. Love those hush puppies with butter. Hmmmm-- make my mouth water now just thinking.

Please tell it's still on 155, just on the right hand side as you exit off 259? Or, did it go as the steel industry declined as well?

Nah it's still there. The all you can eat fillets. whoo boy thats good eating. it takes at least two butters for one hushpuppie.

Nah it's still there. The all you can eat fillets. whoo boy thats good eating. it takes at least two butters for one hushpuppie.

Thats David Beards original place--you can get fillets or whole catfish--pitch till you win too.

Anyone been to the all you can eat in Greenville 69 @ I-20? Eat all the fish you can, but their sweet rolls are the best thing they make!!

• 1 month later...
When I was dating my wife, Fisherman's Market in Longview in the "Old" Luby's/Louis Morgan shopping Center was pretty good for semi-fast food seafood. Is it still open?

Oh yes, and it is still pretty good, also Dudley's in Longview is pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

Joe's Crab Shack is godawful. Its okay if you just want to sit at the bar and drink. Fish City Grill isn't bad.

Mexican Food- Jalepeno Tree uses the cheapest ingredients available and has the worst quality of Mexican food around since Pancho's left. I don't think there is a good Mexican restaurant in Tyler. If there is one, its a hole in the wall that I don't know about.

• 3 years later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to 🌮 Your Favorite Mexican Restaurant