And this is where we're supposed to have Olympics?

grandbirdie

Soccer ref is quartered and beheaded and his head is piked at center of field???? Oh yeah, the red knifed and killed a guy after the guy started fighting with the ref after being ejected. I don't know about ya'll but I'm thinking the USA maybe better not participate. Been thinking that all along but . . . dang.

If any city/country puts in a bid for the Olympics the security for the athletes and all related personnel is part of that bid. The question of Brazil being able to pull this off has been an issue since day one. They are behind in construction, but most countries are at this point. The fact that they are razing the poorest, worst sections of the city to do this, thereby displacing people that have no place to go is another issue. Security has always been a high concern. Just don't understand why the IOC thought this was a good idea. I hope Brazil can pull it off but incidents such as this need to be noticed as it is our sons and daughters that will be at risk.

Was it even a professional game? It sounded like a rec league gone bad... I could see this happening in some of the Hispanic Leagues in Marshall... I used to hear stories of those getting pretty nasty/

• 3 months later...

After much deliberation.. I have decided to recant my former position.

Mister Five0 I took the liberty of purchasing two vuvuzela's on Ebay for us both, they should be upon yon doorstep by Monday. Please contact me by PM about bundling air miles!

Everybody BUNDLES!

aMkhKEu.gif

• 1 month later...

If any city/country puts in a bid for the Olympics the security for the athletes and all related personnel is part of that bid. The question of Brazil being able to pull this off has been an issue since day one. They are behind in construction, but most countries are at this point. The fact that they are razing the poorest, worst sections of the city to do this, thereby displacing people that have no place to go is another issue. Security has always been a high concern. Just don't understand why the IOC thought this was a good idea. I hope Brazil can pull it off but incidents such as this need to be noticed as it is our sons and daughters that will be at risk.

The thing is that most of these selections took place nearly a decade ago.

The most recent selection, Qatar, who outbidded the U.S. for the 2022 world cup is facing serious concerns and I'd forcing FIFA to have to decide on having that world cup in January for the colder temperatures compared to have it in the heat of summer.

My distant cousin has been in the area from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Dubai, etc....has faced temperatures of 140F.

The most recent selection, Qatar, who outbidded the U.S. for the 2022 world cup is facing serious concerns and I'd forcing FIFA to have to decide on having that world cup in January for the colder temperatures compared to have it in the heat of summer.

My distant cousin has been in the area from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Dubai, etc....has faced temperatures of 140F.

Qatar is the worst place to have a WC. Just shows how corrupt FIFA is since there are many stories out on how they get kickbacks from these countries. The Middle East contributes no talent to the football world but they do contribute $$$$ and that shouldn't be a reason to host a WC.

Did I hear that the "city" doesn't even exist at this point?? They plan to build it?? Someone needs a brain in these International "committees". nvm wishful thinking, like wanting brains in the UIL

I think your referring to the Rainforest Stadium your referring too. Not sure if they have to build the city or how big the area is around it but know its in the middle of nowhere. The USA have a game at this stadium also. They have the worst travel schedule I think from all the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Qatar is one of those oil rich countries that can probably outbid the other candidates with generous back-pocket contributions in one way or another. I am surprised Dubai did not jump in.

I would like to see them move it to the cooler months if it will be there. I have been in the Mohave, at 123. It is not conducive to a sport like soccer.

PS highest recorded temperature worldwide is 134, Death Valley.

I wouldn't walk across the street to see it if the admission was free and they had free eats and drinks. I can't think of a more boring way to spend 3 hours,

How about trolling on a thread you show no interest in?

We get it, you don't like soccer.

So, why are you here, again?