Crappie

Immortal13

Gee thanks Harrier!! For one thing, I don't wanna wait until winter and I prefer lake Palestine as it is much closer to me. I've caught them there in the past on brush piles we made, but since those have retreated I can't seem to do worth a darn finding them. Guess it's time to build some more.

And no I don't fish under bridges.....I leave that to the trolls. Ha!

All you have to do is find the cooler water. I love to crappie fish, but I have never fished Palestine. But the rule applies to any body of water I suppose. In the warmer months, the white perch like other fishes will find cooler water, which is usually at the creeks and streams that feed into a lake or pond. Now don't expect to limit out in the hot months but it isn't totally out of the question either. Aint nothing like catching and eating fresh sac-a-lait slabs. Good Luck!

Good stuff...thank you.

Are you a girl BTW? Just curious

No, the Fe before male means "iron" .......here's your sign.

I am a female, and I have been fishing for crappie since I was a girl. I found some jigs that were made by a guy from around Lake Fork area that were irrestible to the crappie, but the man passed away and I can't find those jigs - at least in that color anymore....I have 2 new ones left and a couple that I have used to death...I have tried to find the stuff to make my own but I think he poured his own jigheads because I can't find those anywhere like his, the hooks are super strong.

No need to be a smart@$$. I did read your gender, but not everything you read on here is true. Lol

Most women don't know much about fishing and/or hunting. My gf likes to fish but she doesn't know much about it besides what. I have taught her. I still bait her hook and un hook her fish lol. Thanks for the tips...I'll let you know if I have some luck with them.

No need to be a smart@$$. I did read your gender, but not everything you read on here is true. Lol

Most women don't know much about fishing and/or hunting. My gf likes to fish but she doesn't know much about it besides what. I have taught her. I still bait her hook and un hook her fish lol. Thanks for the tips...I'll let you know if I have some luck with them.

But it's hard to pass up a good "here's your sign" joke....sorry, you must be one of those serious fishermen. I was the oldest and an only child for nearly 6 years and me and my dad hit every waterhole in Marion, Harrison, Panola, Rusk and Gregg Counties back in the late 60's and early 70's. It never bothered me to bait a hook or take the fish off, or cook them, I don't care for cleaning them. My dad would make a deal that if I caught more fish he would do the cleaning and if he caught more I did the cleaning...I didn't have to clean many. My husband and I do the same thing only by weight and I have never had to clean them when fishing against him...lol

Oh and don't be suprised to find them in water as shallow as 2 feet where a spring or creek runs into the lakeor pond.

Wearing a bikini never stopped me from baiting hook or taking my own fish off the hook - heck if you are good you barely have to touch the fish...and with jigs, baiting the hook isn't so icky since all it amounts to is making sure your knot is good.

I agree but hey I don't mind doing all that stuff for her. I think she mainly just likes the catching part lol. And messing with cut shad and stuff like that is pretty smelly and I would rather take a fish off than have her get hooked or finned. We go saltwater fishing sometimes and everything in the salt generally has teeth.

All you have to do is find the cooler water. I love to crappie fish, but I have never fished Palestine. But the rule applies to any body of water I suppose. In the warmer months, the white perch like other fishes will find cooler water, which is usually at the creeks and streams that feed into a lake or pond. Now don't expect to limit out in the hot months but it isn't totally out of the question either. Aint nothing like catching and eating fresh sac-a-lait slabs. Good Luck!

I LOVE YOU.

^ you been off in doomer's sqeezins again? .......down boy!

The Chef is no stranger to my corn by-products. I've been readin your fishin postings an I thnk you should change your name to ThatPerfectGirl. Caint believe Immortal askd you if youz a girl. What went wrong there?

The crappie on Palestine are in the 18-25 foot water right now in the creek channels.. If you can find any brush piles your in the money.. Rule of thumb with crappie if your not snagging your not baggin.. The 155 bridge is also good early and laet around the 13-15 piling And the deep end during the winter months.. Get out the Depth finder and find the brush and you will have good luck.. check the deep points and bends in the creek channels.