NCAA investigating Manziel

sawemoff

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard a lot of sports talk shows where manziel is being applauded for taking on the ncaa and their policy on player pay. don't agree with it, just what I have heard from a few outlets.

if he challenges them on this, that is admitting guilt.

heard a lot of sports talk shows where manziel is being applauded for taking on the ncaa and their policy on player pay. don't agree with it, just what I have heard from a few outlets.

I listen to a lot of sports radio too and I have not heard anyone refer to him as a "hero"

Named source comes out saying he set up two other signings for Manziel. One after the BCS NC game and another late January in Houston. I think it's time for Sumlin to start getting his #2 QB more reps in practice.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9562044/texas-aggies-qb-johnny-manziel-signed-two-more-sessions-sources

None of these have him taking money, right? In fact, NO proof of him taking money has surfaced yet, right?

You LITERALLY have 2 rapists in your backfield. Don't give any one else lessons on character till you have things straight, guy.

Again, you say rape, but neither of them have a "rape" charge. There is better terminology to use... especially coming from a guy who tried to beat the word "libel" into our heads about his own criminal hero.

Herm Edwards on "Mike & Mike" seemed to be questioning where is Sumlin in "Days of Manziel". His point as a coach Sumlin is in charge of the team and Sumlin need to call Manziel into his office and ask him if he profited from signing autographs. If Manziel did it he would suspend him. If Manziel said he did not take money, he would be allowed to play. If subsequently it was found he lied he would be off the team. His point the distraction to the A&M team has gone on too long in his opinion.

Sumlin may have had the conversation Manziel, I don't have any idea. But what I have seen in the past is the school investigates the allegations. If there is a violation, they self assess the punishment. Their findings are sent to the NCAA who conduct their investigation. The NCAA either approves or tweaks the punishment. Not sure where A&M is in the process.

investigative journalism is shady.....

In other news, water is wet :)

I think the most bazaar news coming out of all of this is if someone found a way to actually show that he is innocent. I find it hard to believe he did nothing wrong. I find it also hard to believe that he would sign 4400 autographs in 4 days... I sign my name 10 times and I am ready to take a hatchet to my hand and tie some dynamite to the pen.

You LITERALLY have 2 rapists in your backfield. Don't give any one else lessons on character till you have things straight, guy.

Both have apologized and are remorseful for their poor decisions......which are not what you describe. Little Johnny seem "A-OK" being the little thug that he is.

LOL.

Mike Taglienti, the author of that piece, is a graduate of Texas A&M.

Talk about breaking basic journalism rules, how about taking up for your alma mater in an article.

He mentions other players with memorabilia for sell. Guess what Mike, those players haven't been accused by several people of taking money for signing autographs.

Just another Aggie taking up for poor Johnny. Nothing of value in the article whatsoever.

I think the most bazaar news coming out of all of this is if someone found a way to actually show that he is innocent. I find it hard to believe he did nothing wrong. I find it also hard to believe that he would sign 4400 autographs in 4 days... I sign my name 10 times and I am ready to take a hatchet to my hand and tie some dynamite to the pen.

He must be one heck of a guy to sign all of those autographs for multiple people in multiple states for free. After all, none of his behavior this off season has come across as selfish, self gratifying or self centered.

(before any of you ags decide to comment on this post, please understand the enormous amount of sarcasm that is running through it. I know some of you struggle with this concept.)

He must be one heck of a guy to sign all of those autographs for multiple people in multiple states for free. After all, none of his behavior this off season has come across as selfish, self gratifying or self centered.

(before any of you ags decide to comment on this post, please understand the enormous amount of sarcasm that is running through it. I know some of you struggle with this concept.)

Well common sense will tell you he signed for money. Most everyone besides a few delusional Aggies believes he is guilty. What do you think the NCAA believes?

Well common sense will tell you he signed for money. Most everyone besides a few delusional Aggies believes he is guilty. What do you think the NCAA believes?

Common sense says show me the proof. You're as bad as all the hood rats claiming Zimmerman was an assassin.

Common sense says show me the proof. You're as bad as all the hood rats claiming Zimmerman was an assassin.

Ok so you think Johnny did it for free?

And not that the Zimmerman case has anything remotely related to this topic, but you are quite wrong on that case as well. The man should never have even been brought up on charges

Ok so you think Johnny did it for free?

And not that the Zimmerman case has anything remotely related to this topic, but you are quite wrong on that case as well. The man should never have even been brought up on charges

Why not? Cause there was no proof against him? Isn't that the boat we're in with Johnny? LOL hilarious how you contradict yourself so much. Although you're right. Johnny hasn't been brought up on anything by the NCAA and you're left listening to and believing hack journalism that you claim is shady.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/03/johnny-manziel-signs-5-year-150-million-deal-with-dallas-cowboys-because-he-can-do-whatever-he-wants

Johnny signs with the Cowboys cause he wants to.

Both have apologized and are remorseful for their poor decisions......which are not what you describe. Little Johnny seem "A-OK" being the little thug that he is.

Oh they apologized after raping a girl? That makes it all better. Upstanding individuals they have there!!*

*This is what BayouBengal ACTUALLY believes.

LOL.

Mike Taglienti, the author of that piece, is a graduate of Texas A&M.

Talk about breaking basic journalism rules, how about taking up for your alma mater in an article.

He mentions other players with memorabilia for sell. Guess what Mike, those players haven't been accused by several people of taking money for signing autographs.

Just another Aggie taking up for poor Johnny. Nothing of value in the article whatsoever.

Except everything he said was 100% true in that article, and you're left being a hater with no proof whatsoever. :)

Except everything he said was 100% true in that article, and you're left being a hater with no proof whatsoever. :)

REALLY? These following quotes from the article are 100% true?:

"ESPN’s focus on Manziel indicates either a surprising lack of effort by their investigative journalists, or a bias against Manziel and Texas A&M." A statement from an Aggie that hates the negative light being shined on the program.

"So there is no actual proof that Manziel took money, except the statement from a source that refuses to cooperate with anyone, that Manziel wanted money to buy rims for his car." Multiple sources have said Johnny took money, not just one. And, like it or not, statements ARE evidence. You can argue about the credibility of that evidence, but it's evidence nonetheless.

"Schad and Darren Rovelle are doing most of the investigative reporting on Manziel. So far they have been unable to come up with a single “source” who will cooperate with the NCAA." This guy acts like Schad and Rovelle have some sort of a vendetta against Johnny. Thousands of reporters are investigating the reports, Schad just happened to be the one that broke the story. So, what if they won't cooperate with the NCAA, that doesn't make their stories any more or less believable. What an idiot.

"It is hard to take any investigation seriously that is based on the word of a drug dealer. Evidently that is all ESPN needs to make a story." That is not all ESPN had. Good God. They had multiple sources. And, oh yeah, they watched the freaking video. Again, what an idiot.

"Since it has become apparent that ESPN cannot find any proof of Manziel receiving money, they have concentrated on the fact that Manziel has signed such a large number of items. Their argument is that he signed a large number of items that have been submitted to authenticators like JSA in sequential order." This is so stupid, I don't even have to point out the multitude of things wrong with it.

"Why is ESPN concentrating on Manziel instead of reporting on the large number of star athletes in college football who have these huge lots of autographed items for sale online? If these large lots of sequentially ordered autographed items are evidence that Manziel was compensated, then why aren’t they proof that Clowney, Miller and Bridgewater were compensated?" As far as I know, noone has accused these players of taking money. And, show me which one signed 44,000 autographs. 44,000! ESPN is just ganging up on poor Johnny.

"When news of their athletes having large lots of autographs on the market came to light, South Carolina, Ohio State and Louisville issued statements that their athletes had been investigated and were clear.

Texas A&M responded to similar allegations about Manziel in March, yet evidently this is not good enough for ESPN. For some reason ESPN has decided to accept the word of the athletic departments at South Carolina, Ohio State and Louisville, but not Texas A&M." A&M responded to similar allegations, but not to THESE allegations.

"They have refused to do even basic investigations into the backgrounds of these dealers in order to find out why they might be motivated to hurt Manziel." Really, how does this guy know that. ESPN has been up front about most of their sources.

Go figure, an Aggie is not happy about ESPN reporting on the Maziel debacle.

And, every day the news gets worse for Johnny but some people still want to defend him. Incredible.