Bryant Jackson (S. Springs/Longhorns)

CraigSmoak

Texas junior wide receiver Bryant Jackson suffered a right-foot fracture in the team’s scrimmage on Sunday, the school announced in a release. There is no timetable for his return.

If Jackson is out for an extended period of time it would be another hefty knock to the Longhorns’ depth on the outside. Jackson, who caught eight balls for 140 yards last season, was expected to see an expanded offensive role after the departure of Marquise Goodwin and sophomore wideout Cayleb Jones.

Jackson is one of many Texas wide receivers to suffer an injury around camp. Starters Mike Davis and Jaxon Shipley are just working their way back from offseason surgery, sophomore Marcus Johnson has a sprained MCL and sophomore Kendall Sanders injured his ankle in practice a few days ago.

I used to work with this kids father. Good people in my opinion. Terrible news. hope he makes a quick recovery. was expecting him to have a breakout season. he was fun to watch in high school.

Texas is still good at WR, with Mike Davis, Jaxon Shipley, and Kendall Sanders starting. You'll also see a lot of Daje Johnson and Marcus Johson. Major will probably mix in Jalen Overstreet as well.

Now if there are more injuries to anyone of these guys they'll have to dig into the freshman class.

Texas is still good at WR, with Mike Davis, Jaxon Shipley, and Kendall Sanders starting. You'll also see a lot of Daje Johnson and Marcus Johson. Major will probably mix in Jalen Overstreet as well.

Now if there are more injuries to anyone of these guys they'll have to dig into the freshman class.

All three are injured or coming off offseason surgeries lol

K. Sanders is out the first game due to suspension, but I look forward to what he can contribute this year now that he's settled in. From everything I've read frosh Jacorey Warrick is expected to see a lot of time as well.

Texas has plenty of receivers and running backs. Their success on offense really depends on if they can get consistent good quarterback play from David Ash. I believe they will not.

He's shown flashes, except against OU. If he can play every game like he did against Ole Miss last year, Texas will be playing for a crystal ball.

Ash is not and never will be a QB that can put a team on his back and win games. He can be and I BELIEVE will be a QB that can lead his team and put them in the best position for his playmakers to win games.

With the talent they have, Texas just needs a game manager at QB, not a play maker. Ash is capable of making something out of nothing, but Texas shouldn't need, or ask, him to.

From everything Ive seen Texas is goin back to "zone read" style plays. and to me, no, they are not "deep" at running back or wide reciever. kinda thin at both.

With the talent they have, Texas just needs a game manager at QB, not a play maker. Ash is capable of making something out of nothing, but Texas shouldn't need, or ask, him to.

you can have all the backs in the world it dont mean squat if you dont have......a nasty O-line.