PG-Texas high scrimmage

thstiger1997

First of all this was a scrimmage. In the controlled portion, the defense of THS was dominating. In the first half of the controlled plays, the focus seemed to be on passing and the second round incorporated more running. Each QB got half the plays in each round. For the record there were four rounds. The other half was the second team again with two alternating QBs.

In the game situation, PG played much better on offense. I disagree with the some of the comments on Texas High. I believe a lot of the decision on QB rests on the line. If the line can provide a pocket, it is possibly a push. If the line is an issue, one is clearly more mobile. Unfortunately for Texas High, they had three injuries of which two appeared to multi-game. All appeared to be lineman.

Best of luck to the Hawks in their upcoming campaign.

True if the o line can protect then you go with #12 if there is going to be a on going problem then #11 is the better choice. I was impressed with second offense running back #13 small guy but quick and a lot of heart. Hopefully speedy recovery for the young men's.

From some of the comments made by 903sown and thstiger 97, we were at two different scrimmages

last night.

903sown, could you elaborate on your statements of the Tigers "poor level of of preparation and

development", and "showing from TH the worst I've i've ever seen". Specifics please.

Your comments from your daughters how the kids/students were very disappointed: was this from

watching practices, or this scrimmage?

From your multiple posts about the Tigers not winning a district game, I think you've just about convinced

everyone of that.

THStiger, do you think the coach makes his decision on who plays by how they look in warmups?

The scrimmage I saw, The Tigers "won" 34-7. They passed the ball very well, they ran the ball

very well, they kicked the ball very well, and they played defense very well.

IT'S A SCRIMMAGE!!!!! Way too much stock put into this on both sides. Amazing how we sit here and say THS looked bad or PG did this or whatever. There are 3 phases in a game and during scrimmages 1 phase is never looked at (live). Special teams plays a huge part of every game and those are game changers in most games. THS always has good special teams and usually wins that phase of the game. With that said I think they also won the defensive side last night along with the offensive side last night. Win two of three phases you will win every game you play. THS will be fine this year and get in the playoff and maybe win a round. Don't look for them to play deep in the playoffs. PG is very 1 dimensional on O and need to GANG tackle, struggle in space on D. PG may get to 6 wins at best and maybe slide in the back door for a spot. 5 wins is more realistic and 4 very disappointing. Let the games begin. JMO!!!

From some of the comments made by 903sown and thstiger 97, we were at two different scrimmages

last night.

903sown, could you elaborate on your statements of the Tigers "poor level of of preparation and

development", and "showing from TH the worst I've i've ever seen". Specifics please.

Your comments from your daughters how the kids/students were very disappointed: was this from

watching practices, or this scrimmage?

From your multiple posts about the Tigers not winning a district game, I think you've just about convinced

everyone of that.

THStiger, do you think the coach makes his decision on who plays by how they look in warmups?

The scrimmage I saw, The Tigers "won" 34-7. They passed the ball very well, they ran the ball

very well, they kicked the ball very well, and they played defense very well.

Sure. I recognize the level of speed and how quick our team played. I felt like in district the game we played against PG would leave us down by 21 and halftime. No solid answer at QB, offensive line the weakest and smallest since I can remember, and the defense looked great against PG but you can agree or disagree against solid teams we will be run through and ran by. When I say development and the worst Ive seen Im referencing the lack of physicality and size. Normally THIGH excels at taking players from point a to point b and maximizing their potential. And sure we beat PG and there's nothing to worry about. Also, THIGH IS NOT IN A WEAK DISTRICT. SS can play, MP can play, Hallsville and Marshall can play. And my girls told me that from the kids that went at the scrimmage (mind you my girls have seen THIGH at some of their best) they said the kids felt the team looked unimpressive against a weak PG team.

Boy oh boy...what a difference a year makes, or doesn't make. This edition of the Tigers is basically a carbon copy of last years team. The defense will probably be ok but the lines on both sides of the ball are small. Speed at the skill positions, out side of quarterback. Coach Norton said that both seniors have improved since last year and that remains to be seen in a competitive situation. Same as last year, number 11 should be named the starter as, just like last season, he will give the Tigers the best chance to win. The other two Tiger qbs that played are not going to be in the mix. The head coach should seriously consider playing the big, left handed, sophomore, if he is still in the program. Any other year, as coach Norton's history proves, he would opt to play a qb for three years but this time he won't and the reason is obvious. The sophomore has the most potential and it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in the scrimmage. Last season, I got raked over the coals for saying the same thing that a lot of you are saying and at least thinking this season.

I was wondering where dirty was.. lol too everybody else everything I have said is my option I was there I seen that's way we live in the great USA to agree or disagree. I hope they do good and the coaches make the right decision. It football we will just let the young men and see.Playing with can go a long ways.