Arp vs Pewitt

Tiger1995

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Arp gets one of their QBs back I'll take Arp by a good bit....If Arp doesn't get a QB back then I dunno if Johnson can handle another brutal game like he had against us. That poor kid looked like my grand pappy trying to get out of bed every time he hit the ground after carry after carry after carry and so on. Felt sorry for the kid....can't believe their coach did that to him in the season opener against a team like Tatum.

Arp had 49 offensive snaps(not counting the ones with penalties), Marcalus Johnson had the ball in his hands on 45 of them. Three of the 4 he didn't take were when he was not in the game due to cramping. JUST 1 carry by another player while he was in the game? C'mon Irwin....give the kid a break, lol.

He must be in pretty good shape. Paul Pewitt is better this year...I will still go with Arp

In good shape? Yeah...I guess you could say that....but the whole 2nd half it took 3 people to lift him off the turf, lol.

Seriously, the kid is a hell of an athlete. I think Irwin ran him entirely too many times against a fast hard hitting defense way to early in the season. This game meant nothing to the season and running that poor kid that many times exposed him to big time injury risks against a team like ours and I was completely baffled by it. I mean, only one other kid carried the ball, JUST ONE TIME, while he was on the field. Surely they coulda gave it to somebody else to lighten the load.

In good shape? Yeah...I guess you could say that....but the whole 2nd half it took 3 people to lift him off the turf, lol.

Seriously, the kid is a hell of an athlete. I think Irwin ran him entirely too many times against a fast hard hitting defense way to early in the season. This game meant nothing to the season and running that poor kid that many times exposed him to big time injury risks against a team like ours and I was completely baffled by it. I mean, only one other kid carried the ball, JUST ONE TIME, while he was on the field. Surely they coulda gave it to somebody else to lighten the load.

only had 35 carries for a 141 yards. That's not bad.

only had 35 carries for a 141 yards. That's not bad.

Yeah, 35 carries.....he dropped back and scrambled to pass 10 more times....played defense in the first half......kid wanted to lay there every time he hit the turf, lol. We had 32 total carries on the night....6 players took those 32 carries....the most carries a kid had was 11 and it was our QB and he scrambled on half of them, lol. 35 times in a NFL game, yeah....they play for a while.....35 times in high school plus 10 drop backs to pass......his tongue was draggin the ground lol.

Held him to 4 yards per carry.......nobody else will do that this season, lol. Kid is a stud....he'll go well over 2,000 before district play is over

nobody may not do that ever lol. But to his credit its not like the defense had to guess who was going to carry the ball. I saw 5 or 6 times that had he handed it off we prolly would have had big plays. But oh well MJ gave us a performance to remember. What did you think about those arp lbrs.

Yeah, 35 carries.....he dropped back and scrambled to pass 10 more times....played defense in the first half......kid wanted to lay there every time he hit the turf, lol. We had 32 total carries on the night....6 players took those 32 carries....the most carries a kid had was 11 and it was our QB and he scrambled on half of them, lol. 35 times in a NFL game, yeah....they play for a while.....35 times in high school plus 10 drop backs to pass......his tongue was draggin the ground lol.

well all I can say is he was smiling this morning as usual lol.

nobody may not do that ever lol. But to his credit its not like the defense had to guess who was going to carry the ball. I saw 5 or 6 times that had he handed it off we prolly would have had big plays. But oh well MJ gave us a performance to remember. What did you think about those arp lbrs.

Thought they did a good job.

However, I thought we didn't key in enough on MJ. We were keeping 2 guys on the motion man just to make sure so I don't exactly agree with what you said. Your right...everybody and their momma knew who was getting it so I wish we would sent more at him but non the less.....it is what is is. Ugly game....but we're 1-0 and Arp is on their way to another good playoff run.

Pewitt escaped last night's game with a few injuries. But I expect Pewitt to win this game. We spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different carriers last night before the subs got in. Kept us fresh all night with exception of a few cramps. Passing game was off(go figure). I still say we will get that under control.

Pewitt escaped last night's game with a few injuries. But I expect Pewitt to win this game. We spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different carriers last night before the subs got in. Kept us fresh all night with exception of a few cramps. Passing game was off(go figure). I still say we will get that under control.

Mmmkkkk, Arp by 20

Arp will win, but only by 7. Pewitt looked better though. Might be a good year.

I think your right on the money with a close game prediction. The bulls will have to play tuff and get ready to be hit by those lbrs. Hunt hines and Hawkins are some ruff and tuff guys. Our defense is scrappy. Gonna have to wait and see what happens offensively for arp. IMO if atleast one of our qbs return and this offense clicks like we think it will, id say arp could be as good as anyone in our division. The athletes are in place and only time will tell just how good this team is. We found out this team has heart and is a group of kids that aren't intimidated by anything. We know Pewit has a great tradition and personally I love having them on our schedule. It's gonna be fun to see how this years group does with y'all's offense. When Pewit has a qb and fb to Bragg on its scary. Good luck this week to y'all and I hope to see y'all at the game. It's gonna be a great one this year!

After stuggling with Waskom, Arp did ok against Tatum. BUT Tatum v/s Arp is like Little Joe v/s Hoss. Arp will always play big bubba tough. PP prolly got a lil better playing a good 3a school who has lots of speed. I LOVE PP's offense so im gonna go with the Brahmas to eat up the clock and pull off what most will consider an upset. PP by a td.

After stuggling with Waskom, Arp did ok against Tatum. BUT Tatum v/s Arp is like Little Joe v/s Hoss. Arp will always play big bubba tough. PP prolly got a lil better playing a good 3a school who has lots of speed. I LOVE PP's offense so im gonna go with the Brahmas to eat up the clock and pull off what most will consider an upset. PP by a td.

of corse you are.

I knew eventually you and I would have to agree on something! You know what you are talking about this week! Lol