♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ DISTRICT 4A-14 (HALLSVILLE,MARSHALL, MP, PINE TREE, SS, THIGH) UPDATES ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

texashigh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MP was the only one in the district to look sharp last night.

Three of us got crushed.

Hard to gauge PT's win over Van.....but either way, they scored a lot of points. But they gave up a lot too.

MP in the lead for sure.

I agree with the mavs here. MP leaders so far. Question to you guys: does this type thread work for yall where we have a massive thread to dump our respective district developments into? or would you guys want a weekly thread to keep track of developments as they arise? just wondering cuz i hate scouring the board for our stuff

Hard to argue MP isn't the best.

Granted..... Hallsville and Marshall lost to good teams. Both state ranked. But both got CRUSHED.

SS..... I didn't expect them to lose like that. Of course it was a scrimmage, but Marshall played Lee much closer. That score really shocked me.

Hard to see where PT really is based on their schedule. I'll be interested to see how they play Kilgore in 2 weeks.

Marshall will most likely start the season 0-4.

Hallsville still has Kilgore too.

Not a great week for 14-4A.

Congrats to PT and MP. (whaaaa??? lol)

Marshall is a very good team after watching them play my Dogs lastnight Marshall just happened to draw Kilgore in the first gm. Marshall very well has size they are big all around I guarntee you after they get a few gms under their belt they will be winning gms they will shock some teams in that district. They will make the playoffs.

Marshall is a very good team after watching them play my Dogs lastnight Marshall just happened to draw Kilgore in the first gm. Marshall very well has size they are big all around I guarntee you after they get a few gms under their belt they will be winning gms they will shock some teams in that district. They will make the playoffs.

I agree. I think Kilgore would go undeafeted in our district.

Just as no one was entirely ready to hand the "best in the district" title over to SS until they took it from T-High a few years back...That's how I feel about MP and SS right now. Tigers have talent and look like they're improved on defense. But SS played a very good team and played them without their best player for much of the game. If Ivory comes back healthy I still gotta give SS the early nod as district favorite. If he's hurt and missing significant time...I'd still like to see MP beat SS straight up before claiming a power shift.

I agree. I think Kilgore would go undeafeted in our district.

Kilgore, IMHO, will be playing games late into December. They are 5 students from being a 4A school. Almost doesn't seem fair to some of those other 3A schools.

They play smart football. They hold the ball for long dives. They don't turn it over. They make few mistakes. Few penalties.

Wouldn't be shocked to see them make a heck of a run.

And I base this mostly on LAST season..... but Kilgore would OWN 14-4A. We will have a pretty good idea.... because they play Marshall, PT, and Hallsville. Don't they have MP too? I'm willing to bet they run the table.

Just as no one was entirely ready to hand the "best in the district" title over to SS until they took it from T-High a few years back...That's how I feel about MP and SS right now. Tigers have talent and look like they're improved on defense. But SS played a very good team and played them without their best player for much of the game. If Ivory comes back healthy I still gotta give SS the early nod as district favorite. If he's hurt and missing significant time...I'd still like to see MP beat SS straight up before claiming a power shift.

nothing wrong with speculation. and of course we wont know until they play.

Kilgore, IMHO, will be playing games late into December. They are 5 students from being a 4A school. Almost doesn't seem fair to some of those other 3A schools.

They play smart football. They hold the ball for long dives. They don't turn it over. They make few mistakes. Few penalties.

And I base this mostly on LAST season..... but Kilgore would OWN 14-4A. We will have a pretty good idea.... because they play Marshall, PT, and Hallsville. Don't they have MP too? I'm willing to bet they run the table.

tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif

I'm going to go off Kilgore's performance to rate these teams until they play head to head. about the only way you can lol

Kilgore, IMHO, will be playing games late into December. They are 5 students from beingbeing a 4A school. Almost doesn't seem fair to some of those other 3A schools.

Yes they have MP in three weeks. They will prolly beat MP but it will b a good game.

We play PT and MP, no Hallsville.

As for the 3A thing.... I totally agree that it's not fair for Spring Hill, Bullard, and Gladewater to have to compete with school's twice their size in football. Chapel Hill and Henderson are fair game though. Gilmer.... nobody sent them the memo about how size is supposed to matter.

We play PT and MP, no Hallsville.

As for the 3A thing.... I totally agree that it's not fair for Spring Hill, Bullard, and Gladewater to have to compete with school's twice their size in football. Chapel Hill and Henderson are fair game though. Gilmer.... nobody sent them the memo about how size is supposed to matter.

Gilmer is a freak of nature.

Yes they have MP in three weeks. They will prolly beat MP but it will b a good game.

I'm a little nervous about this game. Our all-state DB that was covering Cannon last year is now our QB.... and he only plays defense now when needed. I still think we win, but it should be a close game.