♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ DISTRICT 4A-14 (HALLSVILLE,MARSHALL, MP, PINE TREE, SS, THIGH) UPDATES ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

texashigh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little nervous about this game. Our all-state DB that was covering Cannon last year is now our QB.... and he only plays defense now when needed. I still think we win, but it should be a close game.

Im not nervous about it at all. Because win or lose we will see what needs improvement from both teams. It will also help MP when it comes to district. Thats y it is such a good rivalry.

Nobody.... I meant if they could be swapped for a quality opponent. I have been told they were very weak. Now I'm going by what I hear......for all I know they will beat us

I wish we would have replaced Terrell with someone much better as well. I hope we schedule Jacksonville or even Gilmer. Yeah we might lose to Gilmer but it would make us stronger by time district starts. But I see us replacing Terrell with another Dallas school next year.

I wish we would have replaced Terrell with someone much better as well. I hope we schedule Jacksonville or even Gilmer. Yeah we might lose to Gilmer but it would make us stronger by time district starts. But I see us replacing Terrell with another Dallas school next year.

Wow that is surprising. Terrell is very weak I would think MP would want a better competitor. Just me tho. I hope y'all do. For the sake of our district we should take on tougher teams than I have seen n the past. Is Terrell homecoming or something lol?

Yeah. We've had that the last 2 years

THIS

Wow that is surprising. Terrell is very weak I would think MP would want a better competitor. Just me tho. I hope y'all do. For the sake of our district we should take on tougher teams than I have seen n the past. Is Terrell homecoming or something lol?

THIS

Last year they were but this year we head to their place. Atlanta is our HC game this year. Im looking at only one loss this year hopefully not but I see the only loss coming to Kilgore. But that would b fine bc they are a great team.

Nobody.... I meant if they could be swapped for a quality opponent. I have been told they were very weak. Now I'm going by what I hear......for all I know they will beat us

If y'all lose to Nac Central, ever....things really really really have gone down hill.

I'm not sure where I'm at with this SS team. They have a lot of talent, lots of speed, not a whole lot of size and quite a few injuries.

I missed the LE scrimmage, but from what I heard they put it on us but to their due...I hear that LE will be a contender this year. I went to the royse city scrimmage and SS dominated on both sides of the ball, but I don't know much about RC and I believe they are still rebuilding. SS was going toe to toe with Lee until Ivory went down early in the 2nd qtr, after that we had a couple more RB injuries and it just seemed like our boys lost faith and got down on their selves and rode that all the way to a pretty big blowout. Our QB was out until sometime in the 4th, I guess he was dehydrated and was getting fluids. SS is a better team than what they showed last Friday, they just have to learn to play as a team and not put all their faith in 1 or 2 players. Yes it hurts bad when you lose your #1 offensive weapon, but that can happen any play...got to fight through adversity.

I'm not sure if I agree on the coaching tactics of SS, not bashing, just not making sense to me. We took our #1 defensive player and moved him to QB, which he is an exceptional athlete, been starting since his Frosh year and if he picks the position up and learns it then he will be exceptional with his abilities. They are also planning on playing him at S also....that can make some tired 4th qtrs that leads to the L column. Now he didn't play much D last Friday, but he was also out getting fluids for the entire 3rd qtr. We moved our 2nd string QB that split time with Macek last year to LB this year. May be more to that than I realize, heard some things. We have a few starters out due to injury that may be out all season from what I understand.

Here is my problem, Lee tore us up in the passing game, we had blown coverage after blown coverage. Which that happens, we have got some young DB's, one is a freshman. That is a lot to learn in 1 year from 8th grade to Varsity. He's a good kid with a lot of talent and will be a huge assets for us, but I believe he is playing on the wrong side of the ball, he should be running the ball right beside Ivory, IMO. If we had our FS playing safety and not QB I believe the score would not have been like it was. Our QB from last year is probably a better defensive player too. Our otherQB, Aguilar did ok. He's probably not going to fill the stands with recruiters, but I think he can develop and handle the position. He has a lot of heart and will not lay down. I also think we need to take a long hard look at the JV and see if there is any worthy of a promotion. We need a little more depth at the next level.

Tough game for us this week, if we don't free some injured reserve up it could be a long night.

I'm not sure where I'm at with this SS team. They have a lot of talent, lots of speed, not a whole lot of size and quite a few injuries.

I missed the LE scrimmage, but from what I heard they put it on us but to their due...I hear that LE will be a contender this year. I went to the royse city scrimmage and SS dominated on both sides of the ball, but I don't know much about RC and I believe they are still rebuilding. SS was going toe to toe with Lee until Ivory went down early in the 2nd qtr, after that we had a couple more RB injuries and it just seemed like our boys lost faith and got down on their selves and rode that all the way to a pretty big blowout. Our QB was out until sometime in the 4th, I guess he was dehydrated and was getting fluids. SS is a better team than what they showed last Friday, they just have to learn to play as a team and not put all their faith in 1 or 2 players. Yes it hurts bad when you lose your #1 offensive weapon, but that can happen any play...got to fight through adversity.

I'm not sure if I agree on the coaching tactics of SS, not bashing, just not making sense to me. We took our #1 defensive player and moved him to QB, which he is an exceptional athlete, been starting since his Frosh year and if he picks the position up and learns it then he will be exceptional with his abilities. They are also planning on playing him at S also....that can make some tired 4th qtrs that leads to the L column. Now he didn't play much D last Friday, but he was also out getting fluids for the entire 3rd qtr. We moved our 2nd string QB that split time with Macek last year to LB this year. May be more to that than I realize, heard some things. We have a few starters out due to injury that may be out all season from what I understand.

Here is my problem, Lee tore us up in the passing game, we had blown coverage after blown coverage. Which that happens, we have got some young DB's, one is a freshman. That is a lot to learn in 1 year from 8th grade to Varsity. He's a good kid with a lot of talent and will be a huge assets for us, but I believe he is playing on the wrong side of the ball, he should be running the ball right beside Ivory, IMO. If we had our FS playing safety and not QB I believe the score would not have been like it was. Our QB from last year is probably a better defensive player too. Our otherQB, Aguilar did ok. He's probably not going to fill the stands with recruiters, but I think he can develop and handle the position. He has a lot of heart and will not lay down. I also think we need to take a long hard look at the JV and see if there is any worthy of a promotion. We need a little more depth at the next level.

Tough game for us this week, if we don't free some injured reserve up it could be a long night.

The freshmen that's playing varsity this year, was he the stud track athlete as well? I remember an 8th grader last year that tore up the 100m, long jump, and 200m if I'm not mistaken. Kid was a straight athlete and could fly!

How does moving up that kid affect the lower classes (JV and 9th) for you guys?

Should b a fun district race.

All teams won but Marshall. But Marshall showed a lot of heart going against a very good Longview squad. PT is better than what people predicted.

So far I think the standings are in this order.

1. MP

2. PT

3. THIGH

4. SS

5. HALLSVILLE

6. MARSHALL

The SS defense was on fire last night, allowing only one td by the Bearcat offense. The Sherman D was able to squeeze in a pick-6 in the second half. Ss offense still needs some work, but the D is starting to catch fire. I think the Lee game opened up their eyes and woke them up. Having Ivery back in the backfield and healthy should help the O catch the D's fire.