WEEK 1: Overton at Beckville

Mr. P

WEEK 1: Overton at Beckville  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Overton
    • Beckville

RwBANTE.jpgXTVeO0u.jpg

Last year Beckville and Overton battled back and forth in a hard-fought contest, with the Mustangs eeking out a 28-21 win at home. This year the Bearcats are at home and hosting an Overton squad trying to sort out its defensive and special teams woes. Historically the Mustangs dominate this series, though in recent years (since 2000) it's been roughly a 50-50 split.

How do these two teams match up? Which team has the advantage? Who do you think is gonna come away with the win?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TKG had some big boys...lots of big boys. The little speedster from last year was a senior. I hear they have a little speedster in the position now though that is a sophomore.

You are just right. The Gormans boys was huge like 5A kids and they just pushed everybody around. Beckville boys be playing at home this week an judging by Matthias'es picture them boys is same size( and if you just don't mind me saying )sweet looking boys. I say Bearcats 36-12 is my guess. I bet our kids don't really like playing in Tyler, well I think Wharmby an Colton would play in the Desert even.

You are just right. The Gormans boys was huge like 5A kids and they just pushed everybody around. Beckville boys be playing at home this week an judging by Matthias'es picture them boys is same size( and if you just don't mind me saying )sweet looking boys. I say Bearcats 36-12 is my guess. I bet our kids don't really like playing in Tyler, well I think Wharmby an Colton would play in the Desert even.

Doomy, I was just wondering, did those rich folks in Tyler let you on the track? Word is, you offered them a Mason jar full of a clear liquid to look the other way. Any truth to that?

Doomy, I was just wondering, did those rich folks in Tyler let you on the track? Word is, you offered them a Mason jar full of a clear liquid to look the other way. Any truth to that?

Doomy has definitely enjoyed the track their. What Doomy didn't like was the 3 mile walk to the track an people look at me like they never seen overalls an beeny boots befores.

Those TKG boys were huge a couple of D1 prospects for sure. I don't believe the bearkats will see another team that big the rest of the year. They should be ready to face a team closer in size now they faced some giants and didn't quit.. The bearkats should be fine if they stay healthy.

What's the forecast on a Doomer sighting this week and will he have his squeezin's jug with him on the track?

Not sure on the squeezins. He's putting in for the job of sponsor for the Bearcat cheerleaders (he's qualified, after all, he played B-team tennis at New Caney), and he thinks moonshining may not be looked kindly on by the school board.

What's the forecast on a Doomer sighting this week and will he have his squeezin's jug with him on the track?

I'm bringing an extra photographer in an attempt to capture an image of the elusive doomer in his natural habitat.

anyone know what Beck is doing offensively? run? pass? how they line up? lets talk real poop. How does overton look on defense? Where's yalls weaknesses in your opinion Matthew?

Yall throwing it any? can emo' s catch? or would the emo's rather be playing minecraft while jamming out to The Smiths?

anyone know what Beck is doing offensively? run? pass? how they line up? lets talk real poop. How does overton look on defense? Where's yalls weaknesses in your opinion Matthew?

Yall throwing it any? can emo' s catch? or would the emo's rather be playing minecraft while jamming out to The Smiths?

The only thing I know about Beckville is that a cousin-in-law from Panola County told me they got a QB who can scoot. I asked him what style of offense they run and he told me, "That kind where the QB fakes it and then runs with it." Awesome analysis bro. Anyway...

Overton's got a pretty good defense talent-wise, they're just really inexperienced and tend to overpursue. Winona's backs got their big plays on broken-field runs. On at least two or three occasions we had their guy in the backfield before he busted it for a big run. Tackling has GOT to improve, especially with run-heavy teams like Shelbyville and Cayuga coming up.

On offense, well, we're alright... Our QB went 15-for-20 150 yards and a TD, our star RB had over 250 yards rushing. Our very young line has made good strides and we're deep at backs and receivers. Take away our FIVE turnovers and it's a one-point game with Winona. No excuses, but we gave them opportunity after opportunity (not unlike Tenaha last year) all they did was take advantage of it.

But these boys can play a mean game of Minecraft too. ;)

I'm not good on football formations but Doghouse and 4thekids tells me that the Bearcats runs the west-coast-pistol kinda defence. Believeit or not they been runnin it to perfection till the big giant boys on Gorman disrupted the pocket an bottled the outside runnin up. Im thinkn that the coaches saw what they neede and will make the adjustments to take the BearCats to the next level this week.

I'm not good on football formations but Doghouse and 4thekids tells me that the Bearcats runs the west-coast-pistol kinda defence.

Ah yes, that West Coast Pistol defense, where the middle linebacker lines up just a couple yards behind the center and throws short high-percentage passes. Tricksy hobbittses y'all got out there in Panola County. ;)

I had some Beckville coaches sitting right in front of where I was chilling in the press box and they were downright frowny-faced. Don't think they liked what our #32 was up to, on either side o' the ball. cUZTmqe.gif

Ah yes, that West Coast Pistol defense, where the middle linebacker lines up just a couple yards behind the center and throws short high-percentage passes. Tricksy hobbittses y'all got out there in Panola County. ;)

I had some Beckville coaches sitting right in front of where I was chilling in the press box and they were downright frowny-faced. Don't think they liked what our #32 was up to, on either side o' the ball. cUZTmqe.gif

You no what Matthias, im thinkn I should have said offence. That's what Doghouse was talkin about. We figure Bearcats wins cause W.Coast is what Joe Montana an Steve Young ran so good. Tru storie. Doghouse an 4thekids watched them games.