2013 Heisman Candidates

Hookemhorns88

Miller, Boyd, Ash, the Georgia RB all had great starts to the season. Manziel did well in his limited time.

Any other favorites out there?

Can Manziel win it again? Even if he does put up superior numbers like last year I don't see it happening. I think that the voters would look past his numbers and only see the disrespect that he is showing. The analyst were all over him yesterday.

Thoughts?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Ash isn't a Heisman contender for putting those numbers up against NM. The rush was a fluke and his passing numbers weren't jaw dropping against a team like that, especially the 2 interceptions.

Going 100% off this season alone, in my eyes, it's Mariota, Boyd and Christion Jones (Bama). Jones had a punt and kick return for TD and a rec TD.

Boyd is disqualified because he did the "money" symbol like dewshbag Johnny.

I don't really care as much about that one. Manziel did that last season too and a lot of players do it. The autograph thing mocked himself, A&M and the entire NCAA. A&M is doing everything they can to make that blow over and Manziel is just #### in the wind.

David Ash isn't a Heisman contender for putting those numbers up against NM. The rush was a fluke and his passing numbers weren't jaw dropping against a team like that, especially the 2 interceptions.

Going 100% off this season alone, in my eyes, it's Mariota, Boyd and Christion Jones (Bama). Jones had a punt and kick return for TD and a rec TD.

Agree about the competition for Ash for now and it would require a remarkable turn around for him to continue.

Will Jones from Bama get enough touches to stay in the race? Was Desmond Howard the last one like him to win the Heisman?

Agree about the competition for Ash for now and it would require a remarkable turn around for him to continue.

Will Jones from Bama get enough touches to stay in the race? Was Desmond Howard the last one like him to win the Heisman?

Doubt Jones will stay in the talks. I wasn't trying to predict the winner, just saying if I gave out a week one Heisman award to a player that could actually win it, those would be my guys.

Doubt Jones will stay in the talks. I wasn't trying to predict the winner, just saying if I gave out a week one Heisman award to a player that could actually win it, those would be my guys.

If Jones has performances like that all year, hands down he wins it. But the more good kick returns a kid has, the less they'll kick it to him. On offense, he's their #2 receiver at best. If Amari Copper gets back to last season farm, he's easily McCarron's favorite target. BAMA is focused on fixing its O- line issues right now though.

Ash will HAVE to put up those numbers in every game this season (minus the 2 INTs) to be in consideration. I disagree with the announcers that Ash is in the top 5 QBs in the nation. Maybe top 15 but definitely not Top 5.....yet.

Ash will HAVE to put up those numbers in every game this season (minus the 2 INTs) to be in consideration. I disagree with the announcers that Ash is in the top 5 QBs in the nation. Maybe top 15 but definitely not Top 5.....yet.

With the talent he has around him, he isn't even top 15 at this point, not to say that won't change by seasons end.

Let's see what Bridgewater does today.

Miller, Boyd, Ash, the Georgia RB all had great starts to the season. Manziel did well in his limited time.

Any other favorites out there?

Can Manziel win it again? Even if he does put up superior numbers like last year I don't see it happening. I think that the voters would look past his numbers and only see the disrespect that he is showing. The analyst were all over him yesterday.

Thoughts?

Yeah, but can you truly give the Heisman to someone who's runs are all Gurley? LOL (Woo! Let the bad puns roll!)