2013 Heisman Candidates

Hookemhorns88

That when it comes to "Johnny Football" Aggies become idiots when thinking and logic are involved.

The guy ETBU guy calling someone an idiot. That's rich.

This FSU QB..17/18 (one incompletion should have been a catch if they had reviewed it) 240 yds, 3TD 5 rush for 15 yds and a TD. RS Freshman. Some difficult throws too.

He ended the night 25/27 passing. He looks scary good.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't in the military. You're reaching so hard.

Looked to me like McCarron gave him lip right when he came off the field and Saban went off on him. What's more disrespectful than talking back to your coach? Saban has no control over his QB and McCarron is obviously a punk dewsh spoiled brat

Looked to me like McCarron gave him lip right when he came off the field and Saban went off on him. What's more disrespectful than talking back to your coach? Saban has no control over his QB and McCarron is obviously a punk dewsh spoiled brat

He was probably on edge from an ingrown toenail

In the words of Aggies, you weren't there. You don't know. And besides, that's an isolated incident from what we know. Manziel is expected to be a #### now and this was further evidence. Its not like Manziel lost his cool, its just a series of ongoing events. But you know what..I bet McCarron never disrespected his coach again.

Like I said, it was a reach. Frankly I care more about the autograph gesture than walking past the coach. Players to get upset and I'd be #### too if I sat out a half in the opener and got yanked again early.

In the words of Aggies, you weren't there. You don't know. And besides, that's an isolated incident from what we know. Manziel is expected to be a #### now and this was further evidence. Its not like Manziel lost his cool, its just a series of ongoing events. But you know what..I bet McCarron never disrespected his coach again.

Like I said, it was a reach. Frankly I care more about the autograph gesture than walking past the coach. Players to get upset and I'd be #### too if I sat out a half in the opener and got yanked again early.

Who says it was an autograph gesture? He was mimicking a conductor at an orchestra, which was a dying kids wish. Even though apparently the child's life is valueless to you, i'm glad Johnny performed such an admirable act.

You guys minus htwon & Johnny ( real Aggie fans) should work at Esipn with all this Johnny Bashing yall love to do. Of course yall always love the Anti Aggie posts that yall post a lot.

Said it once, say it a thousand times. If he stops acting like a fool, we won't have anything to talk about. I'm not going to pick on a player from Oregon or even Bama because no one on here cares about that. I post articles all the time about current events in CFB, arrests, suspensions, uniforms whatever. Texas players don't have anything to be cocky about right now, that's why it's quiet in Austin. As soon as something pops up, I'll be giving Texas fans hell for it too, just like we all did for the bowl incident.

We had tons of threads on here when Leach was fired. A good number when Sergio Kendall drove into an apartment and was "disciplined internally". Seriously though, if Manziel plays against SHSU, puts up his numbers and leaves out the stupid stuff, this will blow over and no one will have anything to talk about because a week later we will be talking about how he got his act together, focused and lead his team against Bama. Win or lose, Manziel has a chance to silence his critics on his maturity, leadership and attitude in the next two weeks. If he keeps this up and throws some picks against SHSU and loses to Bama, we are all going to hear how he wasn't in it for the team and the team was distracted blah blah and Bama rolled A&M. Trust me, I would much rather the first. But as I read in an Aggie blog during lunch (link was tweeted out), Aggies seem to think if Manziel isn't being a punk, he isn't playing hard or being a competitor. They say he just isn't a leader and we (his "haters") need to stop expecting him to be. Dumb.

Seriously though, nothing would make me happier as a college football fan to see Manziel become a leader on and off the field and a true icon for college football and sports in general. He has the talent. He has the competitive nature. I just don't like the extra stuff, and there is nothing wrong me expecting more of the guy as a person and a potential role model.

Aggies thought they had something to prove last season because everyone thought they would lose. They expected bad from them. They shut people up by winning. If they lost, people would have been all over them. Manziel has everyone expecting bad from him, this petty stuff that doesn't need to be part of his game. He cuts that out, he wins, people have nothing to talk about except how good he is, just like they did before his Heisman and before the pictures, drama and tweets.

Said it once, say it a thousand times. If he stops acting like a fool, we won't have anything to talk about. I'm not going to pick on a player from Oregon or even Bama because no one on here cares about that. I post articles all the time about current events in CFB, arrests, suspensions, uniforms whatever. Texas players don't have anything to be cocky about right now, that's why it's quiet in Austin. As soon as something pops up, I'll be giving Texas fans hell for it too, just like we all did for the bowl incident.

We had tons of threads on here when Leach was fired. A good number when Sergio Kendall drove into an apartment and was "disciplined internally". Seriously though, if Manziel plays against SHSU, puts up his numbers and leaves out the stupid stuff, this will blow over and no one will have anything to talk about because a week later we will be talking about how he got his act together, focused and lead his team against Bama. Win or lose, Manziel has a chance to silence his critics on his maturity, leadership and attitude in the next two weeks. If he keeps this up and throws some picks against SHSU and loses to Bama, we are all going to hear how he wasn't in it for the team and the team was distracted blah blah and Bama rolled A&M. Trust me, I would much rather the first. But as I read in an Aggie blog during lunch (link was tweeted out), Aggies seem to think if Manziel isn't being a punk, he isn't playing hard or being a competitor. They say he just isn't a leader and we (his "haters") need to stop expecting him to be. Dumb.

Seriously though, nothing would make me happier as a college football fan to see Manziel become a leader on and off the field and a true icon for college football and sports in general. He has the talent. He has the competitive nature. I just don't like the extra stuff, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Aggies thought they had something to prove last season because everyone thought they would lose. They expected bad from them. They shut people up by winning. If they lost, people would have been all over them. Manziel has everyone expecting bad from him, this petty stuff that doesn't need to be part of his game. He cuts that out, he wins, people have nothing to talk about except how good he is, just like they did before his Heisman and before the kpictures, drama and tweets.

+1000

You guys minus htwon & Johnny ( real Aggie fans) should work at Esipn with all this Johnny Bashing yall love to do. Of course yall always love the Anti Aggie posts that yall post a lot.

Well said LionKing. Most Smoaky posters and ESPN are jealous of us, especially Johnny Teammate. Everyone is always gunning for the top dog.

My wish is for Johnny to celebrate Degeneration X style after his first touchdown Saturday.

We all agree that ESPN has gone overboard to an extent. If he does something like that, it will only validate what ESPN believes to be true about the kid.

Who says it was an autograph gesture? He was mimicking a conductor at an orchestra, which was a dying kids wish. Even though apparently the child's life is valueless to you, i'm glad Johnny performed such an admirable act.

Are you kidding with this junk, or do you really believe what you are writing? Look, ATM is a great school. The student body loves and supports its football program as well as anyone. Why you guys continue to defend JFF is beyond me. Why not just take the attitude of , " Our qb is a giant db tool that cheats and believes he is above the rules, but he is better than anyone else". You guys that defend him sound like a bunch of little groupies with posters of JFF on your bedroom walls. On another note, he could exceed his stats from last season and there is still no possible way he will ever sniff another Heisman.

To the Aggies - Will Texas A&M ask none of their games be carried on ESPN? You act like the SEC is part of a University of Texas conspiracy to destroy A&M and ESPN is complicit. ESPN is currently carrying four SEC games a week on their networks? What is ESPN's incentitive to destroy A&M?

It is not just ESPN analysts that are bewildered by what is going on at A&M. The Fox Sports Radio folks are commenting about concerns of control at A&M and Sumlin is being called out.

I agree with Sawmeoff. Posters are going to be focused on the teams with issues at the time. I did not condone the negative actions of my university. Where I differ with many posters is on minor in possession situations. I do not paint the kid as a bad kid. When I was at UT, they gave the players beer at dinner to help them bulk up (Note: Legal drinking age was 18). But what turns me off about Manziel is the attitude that he displays publicly.

Let's assume the brat is successful if the NFL, I think he is seriously hurting his endorsement opportunities for the big money. He will get the endorsement offers similar to Michael Vick versus the endorsements RGIII currently has. Manziel can always get the Varsity Ford gig.

To the Aggies - Will Texas A&M ask none of their games be carried on ESPN? You act like the SEC is part of a University of Texas conspiracy to destroy A&M and ESPN is complicit. ESPN is currently carrying four SEC games a week on their networks? What is ESPN's incentitive to destroy A&M?

It is not just ESPN analysts that are bewildered by what is going on at A&M. The Fox Sports Radio folks are commenting about concerns of control at A&M and Sumlin is being called out.

I agree with Sawmeoff. Posters are going to be focused on the teams with issues at the time. I did not condone the negative actions of my university. Where I differ with many posters is on minor in possession situations. I do not paint the kid as a bad kid. When I was at UT, they gave the players beer at dinner to help them bulk up (Note: Legal drinking age was 18). But what turns me off about Manziel is the attitude that he displays publicly.

Let's assume the brat is successful if the NFL, I think he is seriously hurting his endorsement opportunities for the big money. He will get the endorsement offers similar to Michael Vick versus the endorsements RGIII currently has. Manziel can always get the Varsity Ford gig.

It's not just ESPN. It's media in general. You have people like Barry Switzer, Lou Holtz, and Mark May talking about Johnny's character when they themselves were bigger POS at an older age.

It's not just ESPN. It's media in general. You have people like Barry Switzer, Lou Holtz, and Mark May talking about Johnny's character when they themselves were bigger POS at an older age.

Lou holtz has a bad character? Explain his issues please, or post where I can read about it...