Cowboys vs. Chiefs

DaveTV1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is....why doesn't the NFL go after Kansas City the way they're going after Washington? Seems like a double standard to me. And before anyone says anything, no I'm not endorsing that the Redskins change their name. I'm proud of my Indian heritage and don't think the name is offensive at all.

That being said....

Cowboys 31

Chiefs 30

KC is strong in one area offensively; their offensive line. They've spent quite a few high round picks in this area for the past few years; Ware will go toe to toe with Brendan Albert, while the returning Spencer will likely get to work off the rust against rookie Eric Fisher, who was the weakest lineman last week against the Jags.

Despite their new QB, KC wasn't very proficient offensively against possibly the worst team in the league. Jamaal Charles had 77 yards and couldn't take advantage of several passes. Anthony Fasano is the starting TE and didn't do much. Dwayne Bowe didn't do much. Dexter McCluster is the wild card, but he also didn't have a field day.

KC's strength on defense is their linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Both are playmakers and the game could well turn on how well Tyron Smith and Doug Free hold up against them. ILB Derrick Johnson is a Pro Bowler nobody talks about, while the Cowboys have faced ILB Akeem Jordan before and often take advantage of him.

2nd year NT Dontari Poe seems to have put it all together this preseason and has been impressive. DE's DeVito and Tyson Jackson are little more than run stuffers, but good ones. Brandon Flowers is KC's best cornerback. Eric Berry is becoming a big-time safety; KC may try to put him on Witten 1on1 (possibly leaving Dez 1on1 in the process).

Matchups to watch for:

Miles Austin as the F receiver against LB, 3rd corner

Dez vs. Flowers

Berry vs. Witten

Frederick vs. Poe

Gavin Escobar/James Hanna (wide F) vs. Akeem Jordan/Derrick Johnson

Spender/Selvie vs. Fisher

Hatcher vs. Asomoah

What a first game, with the Cowboy "D" getting 5 turnovers and special teams getting the other one. However, Manning still burnt them some, and had a chance to drive the field for the winning TD when the running back had the ball bounce off his back hand and go directly to the Cowboy dback for a TD.

I'm going with the "D" doing a better job overall on "D", even though they'll have less turnovers gained, and Dallas winning 27-14. I think they'll be 2-0 at the end of the day on Sunday

Chiefs = Braves Warriors sign of respect

Redskins = Slur for the most part

Then you don't know the history behind the word Redskins, which was used as a sign of bravery for any Native American. Chief is simply a term that designates the leader of a tribe, but sometimes that was handled by the Shaman depending on the tribe.

We know this Indian Chief would be offended if the name was changed : http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/29/retired-native-american-chief-would-be-offended-if-redskins-did-change-name/