Week Three: Longview vs Lufkin (74th Meeting)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (1-2)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw...what's with the Lobos and making t-shirts? :lol:

It is only for your benefit!!! We know how you LOVE our T-shirts. BTW, I saw a bunch of new Lobo shirts on Saturday. I may need to go shopping at the Athletic Office!! LOL!

P.S. I didn't miss it. Don't assume that I missed it just because I didn't respond!!

Gtee you're giving too much respect to this Lufkin team. I honestly think Marshall is better than us now. We lost to some of the worse teams on our schedule...

At some point, you will understand that we are not buying this "we are done" attitude? Sandbagging much?

At some point, you will understand that we are not buying this "we are done" attitude? Sandbagging much?

Kidding aside..

This Lufkin team has the talent to play with anyone, but look at how we played in the last two games. Lee wasn't a good team and Nac was even worse, and we lost to both of them. Neither defense was good, but Lufkin had a difficult time trying to move the ball against them. Our so-called stars on offense also didn't give as much effort as they were capable of giving, especially in the Lee game. Coutee was the only one that was playing like he cared about winning those games. Also the Pack defense can't stop the run and we're playing one of the best running backs in the state this week. If the Lufkin coaches couldn't come up with an effective game plan to slow down the Nac and Lee offenses, how in the world are we going to slow down the Lobos. I knew coming in to this year that it would be a difficult task trying to win up there and from what I have seen so far from both sides of the ball, this Lufkin team isn't beating your lobos. I'm just being honest. The lobos may not be a great team right now, but they are well-coached and very talented. They also play great against us at home.

I'm just hoping that I'm wrong and we were looking ahead in the Nac game, because this team showed what they were capable of doing against a good Jt team earlier this season, but I honestly don't know. This team has me confused. I'll see you crazy folks on friday though..

Kidding aside..

This Lufkin team has the talent to play with anyone, but look at how we played in the last two games. Lee wasn't a good team and Nac was even worse, and we lost to both of them. Neither defense was good, but Lufkin had a difficult time trying to move the ball against them. Our so-called stars on offense also didn't give as much effort as they were capable of giving, especially in the Lee game. Coutee was the only one that was playing like he cared about winning those games. Also the Pack defense can't stop the run and we're playing one of the best running backs in the state this week. If the Lufkin coaches couldn't come up with an effective game plan to slow down the Nac and Lee offenses, how in the world are we going to slow down the Lobos. I knew coming in to this year that it would be a difficult task trying to win up there and from what I have seen so far from both sides of the ball, this Lufkin team isn't beating your lobos. I'm just being honest. The lobos may not be a great team right now, but they are well-coached and very talented. They also play great against us at home.

I'm just hoping that I'm wrong and we were looking ahead in the Nac game, because this team showed what they were capable of doing against a good Jt team earlier this season, but I honestly don't know. This team has me confused. I'll see you crazy folks on friday though..

Hey... Lee's not a bad team... we just didnt drink our majic porrage friday night.. Were Like you guys, I dont know which one is going to show up either.. All kidding aside.. we laid an egg of all eggs against JT. PITYFULL effort.. Thats what drives me crazy, when you know your better than that.

Lufkin has the tools, and is going to go off on someone.. may be this week.. They always play LH tough.

Kidding aside..

Hey... Lee's not a bad team... we just didnt drink our majic porrage friday night.. Were Like you guys, I dont know which one is going to show up either.. All kidding aside.. we laid an egg of all eggs against JT. PITYFULL effort.. Thats what drives me crazy, when you know your better than that.

Lufkin has the tools, and is going to go off on someone.. may be this week.. They always play LH tough.

Yea, I believe Lee can be a very good team. They have the talent and of course coaching to get it done. I just don't believe they were as good as we made them look, because of coaching in the game and the problems we have on defense, but I still believe that Hall kid has the potential to be very good or great. His passing and decision making just needs to improve though. I hope you're right about going off on someone, I'm tired of watching the mess that i saw on friday.

Good luck to your boys this year!

Gtee you're giving too much respect to this Lufkin team. I honestly think Marshall is better than us now. We lost to some of the worse teams on our schedule...

my assessment of all the teams being mentioned in this discussion:

Lobos...bout to say we point shaving games

LP...how do u beat the tar outta JT lose to Lee and give Nac their "state championship" victory?? Wish I coulda seen the celebration!

JT...Horn will tell us their story

Lee...not falling for the banana in the tailpipe

Mavs...you give Longview hell and high water and turn around and make bossier look like the new Evangel!

Nac...Hell they the only undefeated listed so what that tell you?

my assessment of all the teams being mentioned in this discussion:

Lobos...bout to say we point shaving games

LP...how do u beat the tar outta JT lose to Lee and give Nac their "state championship" victory?? Wish I coulda seen the celebration!

JT...Horn will tell us their story

Lee...not falling for the banana in the tailpipe

Mavs...you give Longview hell and high water and turn around and make bossier look like the new Evangel!

Nac...Hell they the only undefeated listed so what that tell you?

:lol:

I mean honestly I have sit around and tried to rationalize all that's happen in 3 weeks of football in ET! Yes LP lost to Nac so we(lobos) should be like that song say "aint worry bout nuthg!" right??? And what if Nac beats Carthage? That is a legit question at this moment! I'm just saying man what the freak is going on?!? I love it but I dont love it if that makes any sense...

longview_zps8c74edf3.pnglufkin.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (2-1, 0-0) VS LUFKIN PANTHERS (1-2, 0-0)

DATE: Friday, September 20th, 2013

TIME: 7:30 PM

LONGVIEW BROADCAST: Sunny 106.5 FM KOOI

LUFKIN BROADCAST: KICKS 105.1 FM

lufkin.pngALL-TIME SERIES: Lufkin 35-34-4 lufkin.png

The non-district record is tied between the two teams at 6-6-2.

The district record is tied between the two teams at 25-25-2.

The Panthers lead the series 4-3 when it is a playoff game.

The Panthers are 2-0-0 when the game is played at a neutral location.

The Panthers are 16-15-3 when the game is played in Longview.

The Lobos are 19-17-1 when the game is played in Lufkin.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES

09.21.2012 - Longview 45 Lufkin 14 - Abe Martin Stadium

09.26.2011 - Longview 24 Lufkin 10 - Lobo Stadium

09.17.2010 - Lufkin 28 Longview 21 - Abe Martin Stadium

09.18.2009 - Lufkin 28 Longview 14 - Abe Martin Stadium

09.19.2008 - Longview 45 Lufkin 37 (3 OT) - Lobo Stadium

FULL GAME LOG

GAME CAPSULE:

For the 58th time in 55 years, the Lobos and Panthers meet this coming Friday on the football field. Meeting multiple times in 2002, 2003, and 2007, the Lobos and Panthers have not played only one time (2005) since weather cancelled the 1957 meeting at Panther Stadium in Lufkin. This year, the Lobos look to tie the series back up with a victory for the first time since 2003 and for the 8th time in the series history. No team has played Longview more in the post season than their old district rival, an impressive 7 meetings between the two schools, and no series between any other school that Longview has played is as even as this one. This season though, the two teams come in with different feelings. Longview is fresh off holding off the #4 ranked team out of Mississippi's Class 6A in Olive Branch. The Lobos and Conquistadors had four different lead changes in a game that swayed back and forth but was ultimately decided on a miss extra point by Olive Branch that hit the left upright. The victory was Longview's five in six games at Shreveport's Independence Stadium. Lufkin, however, comes in feeling quite down about itself. The Panthers traveled to Dragon Stadium in Nacogdoches looking to extended a winning streak over the Dragons that dated back to 1992. But it wasn't to be. A 96-yard interception return for a touchdown gave Nacogdoches their first win over Lufkin in the lives of every single one of their players. The loss was Lufkin's second straight. They come into Lobo Stadium not having won in Longview since their 14-0 victory to close out the 2003 regular season. The Pack haven't lost three consecutive games since 2008, when they lost consecutive games to Longview, Mesquite, and North Shore. The Lobos also will be going for their third consecutive victory over Lufkin for the first time since winning three straight between 1996 and 1998. Friday's match up will also be the second time Longview has had one of their rivalries featured in the Great American Rivalry Series. The Lobos defeated Marshall in 2009 in their other GARS game. Longview heads home for the first time this season where they hold a 152-35-6 record in the "new" Lobo Stadium. Longview is 9-6-2 in the current Lobo Stadium against Lufkin, with the Pack handing Longview it's first loss in it's new stadium back in 1977 after winning their first 12 games there. Last season, Longview opened up a 31-14 lead against Lufkin at Abe Martin Stadium and rolled to a 45-14 victory in their first victory in Lufkin since 1998. Friday's game also marks the first Lobo game that will be tape delayed on CBS19. The Mesquite and Tyler Lee games are also set to be shown.

WEEK TWO 12-5A SCORES:

Longview 27 Olive Branch 26

Mesquite 47 Garland Naaman Forest 33

Mesquite Horn 45 Duncanville 33

North Mesquite 35 Garland Lakeview Centennial 14

Rockwall 20 Coppell 68

Rockwall Heath 56 Richland 7

Tyler Lee 0 John Tyler 44

WEEK THREE 12-5A SCHEDULE

Longview vs Lufkin

Mesquite vs Plano West

Mesquite Horn at John Tyler

North Mesquite vs South Garland

Rockwall vs McKinney Boyd

Rockwall Heath at Rowlett

Tyler Lee at Texas High

DISTRICT 12-5A STANDINGS

1st. Mesquite Horn (3-0, 0-0)

2nd. North Mesquite (3-0, 0-0)

3rd. Rockwall Heath (3-0, 0-0)

4th. Longview (2-1, 0-0)

5th. Tyler Lee (2-1, 0-0)

6th. Mesquite (2-1, 0-0)

7th. Rockwall (1-2, 0-0)

LONGVIEW LOBOS

Record: 2-1 (0-0)

District: 12-5A

Coach: John King (102-24 in 10 seasons) (Playoffs: 25-9)

First Year of Football: 1909

All-Time Record: 657-330-52 (Playoffs: 53-36-1)

Playoff Appearances: 38

Last Playoff Appearance: 2012, 5A Division II Regional Round

State Championships: 1937 (1A)

State Championship Appearances: 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1)

SCHEDULE:

08.30 - Coppell (at Allen) - Loss 32-24

09.06 - at Marshall - Win 26-14

09.14 - Olive Branch, MS (at Shreveport) - Win 27-26

09.20 - vs Lufkin

09.27 - vs Mesquite*

10.11 - at Rockwall Heath*

10.18 - vs Mesquite Horn*

10.25 - at North Mesquite*

10.31 - vs Tyler Lee*

11.08 - at Rockwall*

LUFKIN PANTHERS

Record: 1-2 (0-0)

District: 14-5A

Coach: Todd Quick (10-6 in 2 seasons) (Playoffs: 2-1)

First Year of Football: 1911

All-Time Record: 651-329-37 (Playoffs: 43-32-0)

Playoff Appearances: 34

Last Playoff Appearance: 2012, 5A Division II Regional Round

State Championships: 2001 (5A D2)

State Championship Appearances: 1943 (1A), 2001 (5A D2)

SCHEDULE:

08.30 - vs John Tyler - Win 52-28

09.06 - at Tyler Lee - Loss 42-30

09.13 - vs Nacogdoches - Loss 28-24

09.20 - at Longview

09.27 - vs A&M Consolidated*

10.11 - at the Woodlands*

10.18 - vs Bryan*

10.25 - at College Park*

11.01 - vs Conroe Oak Ridge*

11.08 - at Conroe*

lobohowl2_zpscfd7d4bc.gif