The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

16-3a question

@ TheStudd: I am not a homer, and I do like Chapel Hill, so don't misunderstand where I'm going with my comments! I love my SH Panthers a lot, but if I need to call them out, I will do so. If you have read my other posts, you'd understand and realize that I'm not a homer.

@ the realchapelhillian: I agree that Henderson and Chapel Hill are very strong teams, and I know that they will have a good season. Gladewater had a hiccup against Athens and came out on the losing side in their game, but like last year, the Bears showed improvement as the season progressed, and I feel that they are due for a better year. They will find a way to make this district very competitive, and I strongly believe that Bullard is kind of in the same boat. Last year and the year before that, no one said that Bullard was going to compete in the DOD, and the Panthers proved them wrong both years. Did both teams win every game in district, no they didn't, but they did show improvement. We can all agree that the top two will be Gilmer and Kilgore, right, so let's see where things look at the midway point and go from there. If Chapel Hill and Henderson wind up being the 3rd and 4th place teams to make the playoffs, I will come on here and openly sing their praises and admit I was wrong. I like the Lions and Bulldogs very much, but something is telling me not to count out Gladewater and Bullard this year!

The Bullard team last year was a legitimate threat, but they are very very very young this year and lacking the speed an size to compete with CH and Hebderson. CH had an awful year last year and still managed to beat GW, a team that has been on this supposed rebound year for a while now, but just can't seam to produce enough to matter.

Don't get me wrong Henderson may just be that bad this year and one of these teams will sneak in, but that is easier said than done, and I definitely don't see them both sneaking past both Henderson and CH.

Great news. We don't have to try to solve this on here because each of these teams will have a fair chance to make their own case in the next seven weeks.

Keep this thought in the back of your mind for next year, Tatum has been waiting for this sophomore and junior class to play together since pee wee football. Next year Tatum will be 3A DII and they will be Juniors and seniors, I promise you everybody in the state will know who they are. They will remind you of the 2005 state champs. This group of kids beat Gilmer 45 to 6 when they were freshmen.

Gilmer will be either 3A Div 1 or 4A Div 2, either way talk to Coach Evans, and make it happen, then we can drop Prestonwood, Evans backing out, on us at a critical time, is the reason we are playing Prestonwood instead of the Eagles, and if your referring to 2011 freshman game, Boyd & Tate were freshman but they were playing on the Varstiy team that year, and we know how the varsity game turned out!

Wonder who will leave and enter the doom for next season?

Kilgore, Henderson, & Chapel Hill will be 4A Div 1

Bullard, Gladewater, & Spring Hill will be 4A Div 2

Gilmer will be the smallest Div 1 or the largest Div 2...depends on the cut-off...we will know in Feb. 2014

Gilmer will be either 3A Div 1 or 4A Div 2, either way talk to Coach Evans, and make it happen, then we can drop Prestonwood, Evans backing out, on us at a critical time, is the reason we are playing Prestonwood instead of the Eagles, and if your referring to 2011 freshman game, Boyd & Tate were freshman but they were playing on the Varstiy team that year, and we know how the varsity game turned out!

99.99% of the sports world in Texas would be shocked if Gilmer is in 3A Div1 next year.......Gilmer will probably be close to the split between 4A Div1 or 4A Div2.