Diane Frankenstein Calls for Stricter Gun Control Following Navy Yard Shooting

RETIREDFAN1

Who knows the #### can hardly be locked up, that would be discriminating against #### and who is to determind who a nut is...I got a sister in law who is about as #### as they come and she is walking the streets at 55 and nobody don't want to fool with her.

Because she is the county Republican chairperson.

Ok, you answered who "they" are. Ironic you call on the same that you loathe to solve your problem. Do you really expect government to solve this?

You still have not answered "They need to do something about these mental nutcases before they act." Prosecuting someone after the act is not doing something before they act. So again, how do "they" do something about these "mental nut cases before they act?"

I never said they could solve the problem, but I did say they should leave law abiding citizens alone and not pass more laws that won't solve the problem either. If they are going to do anything, they should do something that might actually help solve the problem ... like screening and evaluating mental cases and restricting their access to guns, not ordinary citizens and their access. Maybe they can catch some of the nutcases before they act.

I never said they could solve the problem, but I did say they should leave law abiding citizens alone and not pass more laws that won't solve the problem either. If they are going to do anything, they should do something that might actually help solve the problem ... like screening and evaluating mental cases and restricting their access to guns, not ordinary citizens and their access. Maybe they can catch some of the nutcases before they act.

Then you'd better watchout!

Ok, I'm hearing you on evaluation and screening. So after the screening and evaluation takes place, how do you deny access? Lock them up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives? How?

Ok, I'm hearing you on evaluation and screening. So after the screening and evaluation takes place, how do you deny access? Lock them up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives? How?

Deny them any purchases of guns, but that won't stop them from getting their hands on a gun if they are determined. If they are found to be a menace to society, yes lock them up. Have them committed. Put them on a watch list, like terrorists. I'm not the expert here, just suggesting.

Deny them any purchases of guns, but that won't stop them from getting their hands on a gun if they are determined. If they are found to be a menace to society, yes lock them up. Have them committed. Put them on a watch list, like terrorists. I'm not the expert here, just suggesting.

There's no central database for storage of information on those who are mentally ill. If there was the possibility of that, are you in favor of expanded background checks?

There's no central database for storage of information on those who are mentally ill. If there was the possibility of that, are you in favor of expanded background checks?

No, not in favor of expanded background checks for the general public .... just for mental nutcases

Start a central database for these types of mentally ill nutcases

"Prevent a criminal from getting a gun illegally"? Criminals get (possess) guns illegally...for the most part. A big question is , how did this man pass a background to gain access to this facility"

So the same people who are gonna protect us from the "evils of guns" through control and background checks are the same people who allowed the gun violence in the first place?

No, not in favor of expanded background checks for the general public .... just for mental nutcases

Start a central database for these types of mentally ill nutcases

Ok, you start a central database. When someone comes in the store to buy a firearm, how does the seller distinguish a mental from a non-mental? Doesn't everyone need to be checked to determine if they are in the database?

Ok, you start a central database. When someone comes in the store to buy a firearm, how does the seller distinguish a mental from a non-mental? Doesn't everyone need to be checked to determine if they are in the database?

I guess that could be part of a general background check. I don't have all the answers here but I do know there shouldn't be any more infringements on our 2nd amendment rights.

Because she is the county Republican chairperson.

No she is in Arkansan and a democrat....But she hasn't voted in years because she owes the IRS, and the IRS is looking for her but they will not be happy if they find her, because putting her in jail for not paying taxes is fine with her....Three meals a day. Only problem she would have is smoaking, she has to have her cigs.