So... what about the Sooners?

Mr. P

ukibl2n.jpg

While I know the majority of board members would rather lament Longhorn failings or applaud Aggie triumphs, I also know there's a good number of fellow Sooner alums/fans who lurk with me under the radar.

How's the team looking this year to you? How do you feel about the Bell>Knight>Bell rollercoaster we've been on since Spring? With UT looking unimpressive thus far, the early word is that we rout the RRS, but you can't take that game for granted. How do we match-up with them? I know it's still early, but what do you think of our chances this year? Big XII? BCS Bowl?

I'm not sure what to think yet.

I loved how physical the offense was the first two games, but when Bell started against Tulsa is just looked like the "Landry Jones" offense again. That worries me.

The defense looks good, but the jury is still out on them until OU faces teams like Baylor or OSU.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

I'm not sure what to think yet.

I loved how physical the offense was the first two games, but when Bell started against Tulsa is just looked like the "Landry Jones" offense again. That worries me.

The defense looks good, but the jury is still out on them until OU faces teams like Baylor or OSU.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

Stoops said this was basically the game plan to take advantage of Tulsa's weak corners, worked like a charm. I'm confident we will still be able to run when needed. Finch will have a 250-300 rush/rec game this season.

Stoops said this was basically the game plan to take advantage of Tulsa's weak corners, worked like a charm. I'm confident we will still be able to run when needed. Finch will have a 250-300 rush/rec game this season.

I hope so. It's not like OU will face a juggernaut on defense during the regular season anyways.

Didn't he play quite a bit last season though?

Not really. Jalen Saunders, Justin Brown, Sterling Shepard, and Kenny Stills were the most used receivers.

It also doesn't help him that Oklahoma is running more 2 and 3 receiver sets this season compared to last year where the base offense was pretty much a 4 receiver set.

Part of Trevor Knight's problem was that he and his receivers were literally not always on the same page. Some of the blame certainly is on Trevor (nerves, whatever), but his receivers let him down numerous times in the first two game. In game two agains West Virginia, Knight connected with Metoyer on a beaut of a throw, only to see Metoyer allow himself to get outfought for the ball as he and the defender came to the ground. Interception, and not Trevor's fault. Other times, Knight's receivers either ran the wrong route or dropped passes that they should have caught.

What I am saying is that it was not all Knight's fault for the uneven performance of the first two games.

About Bell: He looked awfully good against Tulsa, but again - it's Tulsa. I'll wait until after I see how he plays against Notre Dame before I anoint him.

We need to get everybody healthy before Notre Dame, and hope to play a solid, mistake-free game. If we do that, I am cautiously optimistic for a win in South Bend.

They gave him chances to shine and he dropped it, literally

^^^ This... the word from my Norman sources is that Metoyer has "alligator arms" and doesn't play "physical enough" for his size. While he's not exactly in the doghouse, there are other guys (younger guys) stepping up in ways he's not. A recent case of the "dropsies" hasn't helped his cause.

About Bell: He looked awfully good against Tulsa, but again - it's Tulsa. I'll wait until after I see how he plays against Notre Dame before I anoint him.

The thing about Bell is that you know what you get with him. Blake's a solid collegiate QB, but his upside is somewhat limited. I don't think he'll ever lose us big games, but I wouldn't rely on him to win us big games either. T.Knight is gonna be a star. I have the same feeling about him as when I first saw Bradford play.

The thing about Bell is that you know what you get with him. Blake's a solid collegiate QB, but his upside is somewhat limited. I don't think he'll ever lose us big games, but I wouldn't rely on him to win us big games either. T.Knight is gonna be a star. I have the same feeling about him as when I first saw Bradford play.

Agree, talent wise, but he does have a fire that inspires the guys around him. Not to compare him to Tebow, but we saw how he "rallied" the troops with heart more than talent.