2014 Re-Alignment

ShoelessJoe

Why would we be in a district with Eustace, Malakoff and Kemp which is really out of our area? The district that would make sense is Quitman, Mount Vernon, Winnsboro, and Grand Saline and other east of Mount Vernon.

Ask Bullard how they managed to get a slot in Dist 16.

If a district adds another high school, how does that figure into the realignment? The 800-1000 students don't magically appear. They're pulled from other high schools in the district. So do they just estimate the enrollment numbers based on next fall?

It's complicated:

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/RR_Policies_2012-2014.pdf

I'm still not sure why the UIL only divides into division 1 and 2 for football season. I know it would screw up the state tournament format, but in our school, of the 8 teams in the basketball and baseball district, 6 are in division 1. That makes it really hard to compete in the winter and spring sports with the amount of kids they have to pick from. Will this ever change?

You guys are always whining about the fairness. What about 3A soccer. We have 650 kids in the school and we have to compete against the Highland Parks, Frisco's and John Tyler's of the world. How fair is that to the kids?

You guys are always whining about the fairness. What about 3A soccer. We have 650 kids in the school and we have to compete against the Highland Parks, Frisco's and John Tyler's of the world. How fair is that to the kids?

The power that is John...Tyler...soccer!

It's only soccer .... it should be cancelled

I think it would be logical to make the maximum cutoff for 1A (which I'm guessing will be 2A next year) at around 210-229. Schools like Garrison, Groveton, and Joaquin jump across the current cutoff enough already. That would bring many teams down like - Frankston (206), Crawford (210) Riesel (204), Hawkins (213), Groveton (204), Deweyville (201), Clarksville (210), Como-Pickton (213), Ore City (218), Moody (205), Bloomington (208) Johnson City (206) and **Schulenburg (212) and **Refugio (204) ---- Essentially recreating the old Class 2A -- especially since many of the old 2A's have dropped to 1A already.

The number won't jump that much. The "major" changes are happening at the 3A and up level.

I would say they pretty much keep the numbers in the new 3A(2A now) the same. They may move up by 5-10 like normal, but still somewhere within the range of where they have been. This is the same thing the Padilla Poll is projecting for 2014: http://scores.psquaredsports.com/2014_realignment_breaks.htm It makes since to pull from the current 4a since there are a larger number of larger teams and less smaller teams across the state.

Essentially, the biggest change comes in 4A DI(the current 3A). In terms of the largest gap between numbers, you will see that is currently in 3A & 4A.

Look at the breakdown of the current realignment and the 2014 projected padilla poll alignment with percentage gaps:

Current (2012):

4A: 1005-2089 - 51%

3A: 450-1004 - 55%

2A DI: 298-449 - 33%

2A DII: 200-29.5 - 32%

1A DI: 150.5-199 - 24%

Projected (2014):

5A: 1250-2149 - 41%

4A DI: 786.5-1249 - 37%

4A DII: 460-786 - 41%

3A DI: 300-459 - 34%

3A DII: 200-299 - 33%

2A DI: 150.5-199 - 24%

If Padilla's 2014 predictions are correct, then the following classification changes would take place:

5A to old 4A/new 5A:

A&M Consolidated

Abilene

Abilene Cooper

Lufkin

Temple

4A to old 5A/new 6A:

Montgomery

Trophy Club Nelson

4A to old 3A/new 4A (this is the huge one):

Bay City

Beeville Jones

Castroville Medina Valley

Corpus Christi Calallen

Corpus Christi Tuloso-Midway

Dumas

Floresville

Greenville

Hereford

Jacksonville

Lindale

Longview Pine Tree

Lumberton

Marble Falls

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Port Lavaca Calhoun

San Elizario

Sulphur Springs

Terrell

Uvalde

3A to old 4A/new 5A:

College Station

Frisco Lone Star (I assume)

3A to old 2A/new 3A:

Hillsboro

Lyford

Pollok Central

Presidio

Rockdale

Yoakum

2A to old 3A/new 4A:

Caddo Mills

Salado

2A to old 1A/new 2A:

Abernathy

Bloomington

Clarksville

Deweyville

El Maton Tidehaven

Floydada

Frankston

Garrison

Refugio

Sanford-Fritch

1A to old 2A/new 3A:

Ben Bolt-Palito Blanco

Harper

Itasca

Joaquin

Simms Bowie

The number won't jump that much. The "major" changes are happening at the 3A and up level.

I agree. I can see the top end of both 1A divisions going up by 10, but probably no more than that. Still, that gets some 2A stalwarts like Garrison and Refugio into 1A. I know next year it will be 2A, I'm just having a hard time adjusting to it.

From what I have heard around Garrison, they should turn in something around 250 (big jump). That would be close to if not the highest thay have ever been. Don't know how accurate that is, but that's the rumor.

Wow! That's a huge jump Kirt. Where y'all bringing all those kids from?