Catfishing

parentofredheads

Seems like they're slowing down... used to catch a bunch... now only about 10... UGH!

Maybe they've had their fill of catalpa worms. LOL! Seems like every stump we go to at Lake of the Pines... somebody's got a darned trotline strung up....

Good news for the ones we put in the pond, though... all looking very healthy, even the bass are fat and happy, and are producing.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you fish lake palestine?

No, haven't been there. As to catfishing, last fall, found the catfish honey spot at Fork; took our first trip oh, a couple of weeks back to Fork, same spot - took us all day just to catch 4, even moving to different spots... stupid things moved!

Catfishing is picking up on MTV this week *wink*

I remember the 80s, me and my grandfather used to go out at 5am to Lake Wright Patman (or whatever its called) and catch our limit in catfish by noon. You can go out there now and spend 2 days and not even catch 10.

I do all the time.

Well I live in between fork and tawakoni, I've been doing pretty good out at tawakoni but my buddy has been wanting to try out Palestine but I never hear anything about catfish on Palestine. As far as cedar creek I'll be making a trip out there sometime soon!

Well I live in between fork and tawakoni, I've been doing pretty good out at tawakoni but my buddy has been wanting to try out Palestine but I never hear anything about catfish on Palestine. As far as cedar creek I'll be making a trip out there sometime soon!

There's just something about a dude named ALLDAY making a post on the CATFISHING thread that seems so right!

The ones on Craigslist are going to take too much money to fix up or are just to far away. Thinking about buying a new one from Harbor Freight for $400.

They come in about 400 pcs. but are plenty sturdy and everything is well painted.

Palestine has lots of big cats. A guy caught a 101 lb blue cat out of there a few years back.