Lost to #5 Whitehouse 59-3

Beat Jacksonville 35-28

Hallsville (3-2)

Lost to #5 Whitehouse 58-28

Beat Van 38-26

Beat Henderson 35-22

Beat Lindale 56-28

Lost to Nacogdoches 24-21

Hallsville beat Marshall last season 42-20. Marshall leads the overall series (10-3). This is the 14-4A opener for both teams.

I gotta go with Marshall in this one have seen both teams and Marshall just has more talent and speed than Hallsville but I think Hallsville is more toned on O. So if Marshall can get the lead and keep it just like they did against Jacksonville they should come out on top. But we shall see!

Good Luck to both teams!

I gotta go with Marshall in this one have seen both teams and Marshall just has more talent and speed than Hallsville but I think Hallsville is more toned on O. So if Marshall can get the lead and keep it just like they did against Jacksonville they should come out on top. But we shall see!

Good Luck to both teams!

I would have to disagree with that.

I think our ability to win this game is going to come down to the defense.

The offense is coming around and is getting better each game (excluding the WH game). I think we SHOULD be able to score some points.

But the defense is going to be they key. If they let Wilder control the game, then I think the Bobcats win. If they can limit his damage as much as possible....then there is a chance.

Hoping for a good game. Just hate we got to wait a week to see it. I'm really interested to see how much of a differernce the extra week of practice will make now that it seems all the peices are in the right place.

I hate to say it being the first district game but this game has HUGE playoff implications. The winner will have the inside track at a playoff spot as only 2 district wins should be good enough. Essentially whoever wins this game just has to beat Pine Tree and they are in. I know anything can happen but more than likely this will hold true. Should be a good game, I always enjoy watching games in that stadium.

Hallsvilles has the potential to make big plays on offense, but their head coach and offensive coordinator need to get their heads out of their butts. The Cats had a 14 - 0 lead at the end of the first half last week and lost the game because they did not continue to throw the ball, after scoring 2 TD's in the first six minutes of the game with the pass play. Hallsvilles Coaching staff is soft and they gave that Nac game away by stalling the offense. There are some very good receivers on that team and they refuse to pass unless they are forced to do so. I just can't understand it..... Nac was prepaired to stop the run game and Hallsville refused to stop running the ball, even after having sucess in their passing game.

Marshall will win this one if Hallsvilles coaching staff dosen't take advantage of what the Marshall D gives them.

Hallsvilles has the potential to make big plays on offense, but their head coach and offensive coordinator need to get their heads out of their butts. The Cats had a 14 - 0 lead at the end of the first half last week and lost the game because they did not continue to throw the ball, after scoring 2 TD's in the first six minutes of the game with the pass play. Hallsvilles Coaching staff is soft and they gave that Nac game away by stalling the offense. There are some very good receivers on that team and they refuse to pass unless they are forced to do so. I just can't understand it..... Nac was prepaired to stop the run game and Hallsville refused to stop running the ball, even after having sucess in their passing game.

Marshall will win this one if Hallsvilles coaching staff dosen't take advantage of what the Marshall D gives them.

Hallsville did continue to try to pass the ball in the second half, a lot. Hallsville actually had very few rushing yards and had a difficult time with the pass due to the strong rush of number 32 for Nac.

Hallsville did continue to try to pass the ball in the second half, a lot. Hallsville actually had very few rushing yards and had a difficult time with the pass due to the strong rush of number 32 for Nac.

Hallsville had some turnovers that cost them over all, but you're right #32 for Nac was in the Hallsville QB face all night. But the Hallsville QB was quick and should have been told to roll out more, he also had a strong arm and could have passed the ball more before the game was on the line. My question is why throw a Hail Mary pass with 2:09 left on the clock. I would also say that the defense played well and kept the game close.

Go Bobcats!

Only after loosing the lead! With 8 seconds left to play on the clock in the second half Hallsville takes a knee. What is that if not the perfect time to throw the long ball, not to mention that they were up 14 : 0 at the time. They had a couple of strikes for at least 50 yards why not throw the long ball here. This is what im talking about when I say stalling the game, and that poor little QB got beat up all night long. The O.C didn' t even give him a chance to run for his life by rolling out more.

Only after loosing the lead! With 8 seconds left to play on the clock in the second quarter, Hallsville takes a knee. What is that if not the perfect time to throw the long ball, not to mention that they were up 14 : 0 at the time. They had a couple of strikes for at least 50 yards why not throw the long ball here. This is what im talking about when I say stalling the game, and that poor little QB got beat up all night long. The O.C didn' t even give him a chance to run for his life by rolling out more.

Why throw the long ball just before the half? If I remember correctly Hallsville was on their end of the field, had a 14 point lead, and were playing great defense.

What happens immediately after the half? Hallsville rolls out to attempt a pass and the QB is hit from behind and fumbles. Nac recovers and goes on to score. What happens next? Hallsville is attempting a run and there is a poor exchange between the QB/RB and a fumbles occurs. Nac recovers and goes on to score. All momentum is lost. Had those two events not had happened there would not be a question on why Hallsville did not try to go deep just before the half.

Hallsville did try rolling out a lot but the backside pressure was too strong.

I doubt that Marshall will have the speed at the end like #32 had for Nac. Wilder will be back to his shifty ways against Marshall.

Hallsville in a close one.

Why throw the long ball just before the half? If I remember correctly Hallsville was on their end of the field, had a 14 point lead, and were playing great defense.

What happens immediately after the half? Hallsville rolls out to attempt a pass and the QB is hit from behind and fumbles. Nac recovers and goes on to score. What happens next? Hallsville is attempting a run and there is a poor exchange between the QB/RB and a fumbles occurs. Nac recovers and goes on to score. All momentum is lost. Had those two events not had happened there would not be a question on why Hallsville did not try to go deep just before the half.

Hallsville did try rolling out a lot but the backside pressure was too strong.

I doubt that Marshall will have the speed at the end like #32 had for Nac. Wilder will be back to his shifty ways against Marshall.

Hallsville in a close one.

I think you throw it because its a free play, and its important to take advantage of every opportunity. We were taught to go hard until the whistle Blows. After Hallsville took that knee to finish the half weak they came out and started the next half weak. Start Strong and Finish Strong never ask your starters to play weak!