Re-Alignment 2014-16 Projection

44cutback

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't disagree more. That's a horrible scenario for smaller schools playing in the small school bracket having to face schools twice their size who happen to also squeeze into the small school brackets with them. Prime example ... Garrison vs Celina in the 2001 2A Div II championship game ... Dividing the schools by Division I and II at realignment is the most positive thing the UIL has done in decades.

So it is fair in other sports just not football

Chapel hill should have 1000 kids or more. More than likely they will be 5a. I could see them in a district with lindale, Jacksonville, kilgore

The projected 5A cutoff is 1,200. I seriously doubt Chapel Hill or Kilgore has added 240 kids in 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Conference/Division Teams Range

6A 245 2135+

5A 230 1180-2134

4A, D-I 103 799-1179

4A, D-II 103 460-798

3A, D-I 110 298-459

3A, D-II 110 200-297

2A, D-I 84 151-199

2A, D-II 84 105-150

Thoughts?

So, on another thread I read where the cutoff between 2A, D1 and 3A, DII would go up to 244. So, that would mean 3A, DII would go from 245 to what? 349? Making 3A, D1 around 350 to 500 or so?

Any thoughts on the trickle effect?

So, on another thread I read where the cutoff between 2A, D1 and 3A, DII would go up to 244. So, that would mean 3A, DII would go from 245 to what? 349? Making 3A, D1 around 350 to 500 or so?

No way that happens. imo.

If Im correct 4a comes back together for all other sports. So that means schools will range from 460-1180 in basketball. that is a huge gap

• 2 months later...

Really, Texas probably needs 7 to 8 classifications! The classes have 2 divisions or big school and small schools as it is, so you might as well turn them into more classifications and less divisions within classifications.

We'll have 14 classes before long....whether they call it that or not is a different story. (7A is inevitable)

We'll have 14 classes before long....whether they call it that or not is a different story. (7A is inevitable)

I agree. 7A WILL happen. But when?

6A has taken almost ten years longer to get here than I think most thought it should have....and in all honesty, it's not a true 6A like it SHOULD be. It's 6A in name only.

Ultimately I think schools with 2600 (maybe as high as 3000) and higher will form a bigger conference.

Tyler Lee just thinks they are an island now. If the 7A number falls within thier realm....they could end up doing some serious traveling for district play.

Only thing I wonder....if 7A comes along for the "mega schools"..... what will 6A become? The celing of it's bracket being truncated to 2600 or so would make one think the bottom of that bracket would drop down down from 2200ish. But to what?

Enough to no doubt send schools Like Longview and Lufkin to 6A......but how far would it drop?: Enough to take Texas High? Nacogdoches?

Meh.....it'll happen. But it may still be a ways away at the pace UIL makes changes.

I'm more interested in seeing how 5A and 6A shakes down this alignment.

I agree. 7A WILL happen. But when?

6A has taken almost ten years longer to get here than I think most thought it should have....and in all honesty, it's not a true 6A like it SHOULD be. It's 6A in name only.

Ultimately I think schools with 2600 (maybe as high as 3000) and higher will form a bigger conference.

Tyler Lee just thinks they are an island now. If the 7A number falls within thier realm....they could end up doing some serious traveling for district play.

Only thing I wonder....if 7A comes along for the "mega schools"..... what will 6A become? The celing of it's bracket being truncated to 2600 or so would make one think the bottom of that bracket would drop down down from 2200ish. But to what?

Enough to no doubt send schools Like Longview and Lufkin to 6A......but how far would it drop?: Enough to take Texas High? Nacogdoches?

Meh.....it'll happen. But it may still be a ways away at the pace UIL makes changes.

I'm more interested in seeing how 5A and 6A shakes down this alignment.

I think it'll take way less time to form a 7A just because, like you said, the 6A was only done in name only. We will all have set divisions prior to 7A happening.

I think eventually, Longview/John Tyler/Texas High/Lufkin/Nacogdoches will be in the same district again in 6A D2.

MISD need to get these current elementary and middle schoolers in HS. Crazy high enrollments in K-6 this year.

We have big numbers coming in the future....but still several years away

I want them to get here so we can join you guys.

But we should be back to the 1700ish mark in the next 5 years or so if what they are discussing with the bonds for the new schools is correct.

Florida - 8 classifications, Georgia - 6 classifications, Ohio - 7 classifications, Illinois - 8 classifications, Pennsylvania - 4 classifications

Louisiana - 5 classifications, Tennessee - 6 classifications, Missouri - 6 classifications, South Carolina - 4 classifications, Wisconsin - 7 classifications

California, who knows. It looks like the have 11 or 12 areas, each with their on Champion. Each area looks like they are divided into division from 3 divisions to as many as 12. Also, some may have 5 division and that have an open bracket division?

Oklahoma - I see 2A - 6A listed and a separate classification that says class A, B and C. I do not know what that means for sure and wgere 1A is.

New York, very confusing, I can't tell!

North Carolina - confusing, looks like 4

Louisiana actully has 9 classifications

They have 1A-5A, but starting this year they also had a Div i through IV for magnet and non tradiational high schools and private schools.

http://lhsaa.org/sports/brackets-results/football/

This was the first year they did it..... very controversial too.