32 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Carthage
    • Huntington

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the dismal district play starts. I miss Carthage being in the District of Doom.

Me, too. If they were still in the District of Doom, I'm not sure anybody in the district would come out unbeaten. Carthage's district will be a cakewalk, with absolutely no challenges. That could hurt them. Then again, it could help them to at least stay healthy going into the playoffs. It's sort of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it doesn't help a team to stay focused and sharp when you know you are not going to be challenged, and doesn't help your team's stamina when your starting players don't get full games in. On the other hand, it helps to keep the team healthy, which is important, but injuries in the playoffs will be more difficult to overcome if they happen.

Carthage will absolutely steamroll their weak, weak, weak district.

Oh, did I say that the district is weak?

Me, too. If they were still in the District of Doom, I'm not sure anybody in the district would come out unbeaten. Carthage's district will be a cakewalk, with absolutely no challenges. That could hurt them. Then again, it could help them to at least stay healthy going into the playoffs. It's sort of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it doesn't help a team to stay focused and sharp when you know you are not going to be challenged, and doesn't help your team's stamina when your starting players don't get full games in. On the other hand, it helps to keep the team healthy, which is important, but injuries in the playoffs will be more difficult to overcome if they happen.

Carthage will absolutely steamroll their weak, weak, weak district.

Oh, did I say that the district is weak?

+1 But its giving the young guys some snaps, But don't forget carthage won state twice in this same district. :) But im just saying

Hope it don't rain......the field at Huntington gets REALLY BAD when it rains....also remember in 06 went to a Huntington game...it had rained and they got a tractor stuck in the middle of the field trying to "drag the field".....SAND everywhere.....it was U-G-L-Y...NASTY.......

.That's funny. :lol: That had to of been the most entertaining thing of the night. lol

The other thing I remember about that game was......they had put chicken manure and sawdust or something on the field to get the grass to grow....and when it rained and the tractor stuck and it was buried to the frame.....then got the "other" vehicle stuck trying to get the tractor out.....play clock went out and then the scoreboard went out...was a "cluster" from the git-go.......poor ol Huntington......boys can't win....for losing.....OH...did I say it smelled like "chicken" manure??!!!!....YUCK!!!!!!