Pine Tree ISD accepts resignation and settlement w/AD-Football Coach Derek Fitzhenry...

PineTreeParent

Section 55: REPORT OF VIOLATION
A superintendent, principal, school administrator, teacher, coach or sponsor may report an alleged violation of the Constitution
and/or Contest Rules by his or her school or school district. The report must be in writing and filed with the district executive
committee or the State Executive Committee, whichever is appropriate, within a reasonable time. The committee shall determine
on a case-by-case basis what is a reasonable period of time, however, there is no time limit to protest eligibility or any other rule
which imposes mandatory penalties.

what would the mandatory penalties be for a practice violation?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would the mandatory penalties be for a practice violation?

Found this on the most recent UIL press release:

Rockwall Heath coach Luis Najarro was issued a three-game suspension to be enforced at the beginning of the soccer season, a two-year probation and a public reprimand for violations of off-season school team practice regulations and for hosting soccer practice on ineligible dates.

Sherman High School coach Gary Kinne was issued a one-game suspension to be enforced immediately for violations of rules regarding non-school participation. In addition, Kinne was issued a two-year probation and a public reprimand.

Found this on the most recent UIL press release:

Rockwall Heath coach Luis Najarro was issued a three-game suspension to be enforced at the beginning of the soccer season, a two-year probation and a public reprimand for violations of off-season school team practice regulations and for hosting soccer practice on ineligible dates.

Sherman High School coach Gary Kinne was issued a one-game suspension to be enforced immediately for violations of rules regarding non-school participation. In addition, Kinne was issued a two-year probation and a public reprimand.

So if the coach that is issued a penalty of X games suspension - probation - and public reprimand is terminated, does the probation follow him/her to the next school he/she goes to? and if so, what if he/she takes a hiatus from coaching for 2 years, does the probation resume when he/she goes back to coaching?

and in the case of Coach Najarro, does the probation start immediately or at the start of soccer season like the game suspensions?

This is not even the beginning. The superintendent probably doesn't know about the practices that were conducted prior to 2-a-days. Our sons were INFORMED they they needed to be at the school for those practices on the week of July 25. I guess Pine Tree is also exempt from the Uil rules as well.

Any football player there can tell you that they were told to participate in those practices. The practice field is in view of the public. However, there is a lower practice field that is hidden. This is where those practices took place.

I definitely am not a critic of what coaches do, however I do believe they should show class and integrity. Our sons are with them for the majority of the year. They have our kids for hours per day for 9 months a year. The PT coaching staff is showing that rules can be broken, and they don't give a damn what anyone thinks.....including the UIL.

^^^ This guy's funny... LOL ^^^

The bottom line: If you have a problem with what your administration is doing at your school:

1) you need to go to the school board meetings and voice it! EVERY SINGLE MEETING YOU CAN VOICE IT AT!

2) At the next re-election time for a school board, you need to have someone willing to campaign for a school board seat to take away from others who are the problem.

You elect a school board rep to be the voice of the people. It sounds to me like PT hasn't elected the right school board officials. Forget the Superintendent, he/she has to listen to the school board ultimately. Public bashing won't help get those people out the door nor will it help the situation at PT until the school board changes it.

I think it would be interesting for the UIL to hear possible transfers OUT of PT because of this and if they would classify it as "Athletics based." Curious....

And let's get the "Bowman for head coach" thing out of the way because some of yall keep bringing it up.

1) Make no mistake about it, Fitz hired Bowman. He was not forced to hire him by anyone at PT. Anyone that's been in the business knows how that works. So there's no conspiacy behind his hiring. Fitz and Bowman go way back. Bowman is a better man than he is a coach, and that's saying a lot if you look at this record. And that's why Fitz went after him. Any school would be lucky to have that guy.

B) You really think Bowman wants that #### gig at PT? Really? Dangerfield was crawling with college scholarship athletes, PT is not. That being said, Bowman, did a fantastic job leading those teams. And sometimes those are the toughest types of athletes to deal with...

3) And at some point in time, some coaches just want to get back to coaching kids. The politics and bs that come along with being a head coach and, in Bowman's case, winning championships, can take a toll on a guy. (Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to get back on the grass and teach X's and O's)

d) And in the words of Doc Holiday... "I have not yet begun to defile myself."

The bottom line: If you have a problem with what your administration is doing at your school:

1) you need to go to the school board meetings and voice it! EVERY SINGLE MEETING YOU CAN VOICE IT AT!

2) At the next re-election time for a school board, you need to have someone willing to campaign for a school board seat to take away from others who are the problem.

You elect a school board rep to be the voice of the people. It sounds to me like PT hasn't elected the right school board officials. Forget the Superintendent, he/she has to listen to the school board ultimately. Public bashing won't help get those people out the door nor will it help the situation at PT until the school board changes it.

I think it would be interesting for the UIL to hear possible transfers OUT of PT because of this and if they would classify it as "Athletics based." Curious....

I agree. I believe at the last PT board election, 3 places were on the ballot and 2 of them were unopposed, one of the unopposed candidates was the current board President - it will be interesting to see if the 2 places up for re-election in May will be contested.

Good question on the transfers, and if transfers are allowed on a special circumstances type basis, will WO, SH and Longview get to have a draft for the transfers that may want to distance themselves from this boondoggle?

And let's get the "Bowman for head coach" thing out of the way because some of yall keep bringing it up.

1) Make no mistake about it, Fitz hired Bowman. He was not forced to hire him by anyone at PT. Anyone that's been in the business knows how that works. So there's no conspiacy behind his hiring. Fitz and Bowman go way back. Bowman is a better man than he is a coach, and that's saying a lot if you look at this record. And that's why Fitz went after him. Any school would be lucky to have that guy.

B) You really think Bowman wants that #### gig at PT? Really? Dangerfield was crawling with college scholarship athletes, PT is not. That being said, Bowman, did a fantastic job leading those teams. And sometimes those are the toughest types of athletes to deal with...

3) And at some point in time, some coaches just want to get back to coaching kids. The politics and bs that come along with being a head coach and, in Bowman's case, winning championships, can take a toll on a guy. (Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to get back on the grass and teach X's and O's)

d) And in the words of Doc Holiday... "I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Winning championships took the toll on him?????? Are you serious?

I agree many don't realize the power the locality yields over the school. This is the worst I've ever seen Pine Tree. I would never want my daughters involved with a situation like this.

I agree. I believe at the last PT board election, 3 places were on the ballot and 2 of them were unopposed, one of the unopposed candidates was the current board President - it will be interesting to see if the 2 places up for re-election in May will be contested.

Good question on the transfers, and if transfers are allowed on a special circumstances type basis, will WO, SH and Longview get to have a draft for the transfers that may want to distance themselves from this boondoggle?

If the kids choose to transfer to Longview from PT, I'd say the UIL better say that it isn't for athletic purposes. Longview is perfectly fine without transfers lol

With all the posters from PT talking bad about the coaching, administration, and leadership areas being involved in all of this, I can't see how there wouldn't be a spot that isn't opposed come up in May.

Have a hard time understanding why they would reinstate a player suspended for this long without going through proper procedures, especially with the scrutiny the program has already faced recently? "Foolish" or "Bullitproof"?

If the kids choose to transfer to Longview from PT, I'd say the UIL better say that it isn't for athletic purposes. Longview is perfectly fine without transfers lol

With all the posters from PT talking bad about the coaching, administration, and leadership areas being involved in all of this, I can't see how there wouldn't be a spot that isn't opposed come up in May.

I get the feeling that if there are resignations and/or reassignments all will be forgiven and the board will stay intact as is, regardless of if there is opposition come election time.

I get the feeling that if there are resignations and/or reassignments all will be forgiven and the board will stay intact as is, regardless of if there is opposition come election time.

I hadn't thought of that being a possible scenario. Not sure I'd agree with it either since the board allowed the first instance to happen and then the snowball effect....

Either way, I hope it gets resolved and these kids get the proper leadership they deserve. Parental or otherwise.

I hadn't thought of that being a possible scenario. Not sure I'd agree with it either since the board allowed the first instance to happen and then the snowball effect....

Either way, I hope it gets resolved and these kids get the proper leadership they deserve. Parental or otherwise.

I agree, because it's not only effecting those kids, it's effecting, in one way or another, all of the kids at this point IMO.

Winning championships took the toll on him?????? Are you serious?

Yep, dead serious. Didn't say it did, I said it could have. There could have been multiple reasons or maybe just one. Who knows...

And yes Stymie, at times, parents are funny to me...

Yep, dead serious. Didn't say it did, I said it could have. There could have been multiple reasons or maybe just one. Who knows...

And yes Stymie, at times, parents are funny to me...

Bowman could have been sitting on a throne eating cake balls and drinking Gin at his desk the rest of his life thanks to those championships. He chose to go try and turn another program around. I don't think championships did that to him, i think it was the challenge that drives most coaches.

I hate to use this phrase, because it sounds so NCAA, but "lack of institutional control" seems to be appropriate.

Yep, it sounds like good ol' Pine Tree High, has went from being a Preppy school to being a thug school. I hope they enjoy their new image.

This is not even the beginning. The superintendent probably doesn't know about the practices that were conducted prior to 2-a-days. Our sons were INFORMED they they needed to be at the school for those practices on the week of July 25. I guess Pine Tree is also exempt from the Uil rules as well.

Any football player there can tell you that they were told to participate in those practices. The practice field is in view of the public. However, there is a lower practice field that is hidden. This is where those practices took place.

I definitely am not a critic of what coaches do, however I do believe they should show class and integrity. Our sons are with them for the majority of the year. They have our kids for hours per day for 9 months a year. The PT coaching staff is showing that rules can be broken, and they don't give a damn what anyone thinks.....including the UIL.

You're a RAT! Thats a coach with pasion and all this other crapp is ligit but calling your kids team together and spending his personal time trying to make them better is a sign that hes really trying hard!

You're a RAT! Thats a coach with pasion and all this other crapp is ligit but calling your kids team together and spending his personal time trying to make them better is a sign that hes really trying hard!

So the person that reported the physical abuse/negligence by the coach last month is a rat?

The teachers/administrators that caught the players with marijuana on campus is a rat?

The little girl that was sexually assaulted by the player is a rat?

All of these are facts surrounding the PT program. The truth hurts when it is revealed...especially when someone is trying to hide it! You must be on the coaching staff at PT?