Pine Tree ISD accepts resignation and settlement w/AD-Football Coach Derek Fitzhenry...

PineTreeParent

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way. The discussion of the athletics director position is the 1st subject on tonight's agenda according to ptisd.org

But you will not get to hear it - closed meeting

actually it is the 3rd item on the closed meeting portion of the agenda, after consulting the attorney and discussion of personnel.

Can someone answer this question...

Is it against the law for the school board president to bail students out of jail?

Against the law? doubtful. May be unethical... but i dont know the code of ethics for School board officials.

I find it ironic that a school district near Boston suspends a student for 5 games and removes her title as captain of the volleyball team, but Fitzhenry allows for charged drug users on campus and a charged statutory rapist to play for the team. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/13/north-andover-high-punishes-teen-for-giving-drunken-pal-ride-home-from-party/ .

The Pirates aren't that talented this year otherwise they wouldn't be destroyed in their 3 losses this year. It doesn't make any sense to me that these kids should have played to begin with. Needless to say, I hope PT gets their heads out of their rears, and starts doing the right thing with their athletic program.

Can someone answer this question...

Is it against the law for the school board president to bail students out of jail?

Unless a person is an attorney and files a notice of appearance as counsel of record in the criminal case for which the bond was made, in a county with a bail bond board, no person can act as a bail bond surety "unless the person holds a bail bond board license issued by the bail bond board of that county."

I want to answer one question that was asked on this board concerning whether or not the Pine Tree ISD school board president can legally bail a young out of jail.

I don't know how many people realize this, but, Charley Peck, the Pine Tree ISD school board president has educational power of attorney for one of the young men in question. And, was very much in the young man's life before he became school board president.

Whether that's a conflict of interest, that's up to others to decide.

I've read a handful of tweets tonight about their latest school board meeting, and the one scheduled for next week. I've seen these issues play out over the years and they never end well for someone, not sure if that means an employee of the school district, someone in administration or even higher up.

I think it's obvious the sooner Pine Tree I.S.D. makes a decision, whatever it might be, the sooner everyone can move on, maybe.

Have a great week.

David Smoak

I want to answer one question that was asked on this board concerning whether or not the Pine Tree ISD school board president can legally bail a young out of jail.

I don't know how many people realize this, but, Charley Peck, the Pine Tree ISD school board president has educational power of attorney for one of the young men in question. And, was very much in the young man's life before he became school board president.

Whether that's a conflict of interest, that's up to others to decide.

I've read a handful of tweets tonight about their latest school board meeting, and the one scheduled for next week. I've seen these issues play out over the years and they never end well for someone, not sure if that means an employee of the school district, someone in administration or even higher up.

I think it's obvious the sooner Pine Tree I.S.D. makes a decision, whatever it might be, the sooner everyone can move on, maybe.

Have a great week.

David Smoak

"I don't know how many people realize this, but, Charley Peck, the Pine Tree ISD school board president has educational power of attorney for one of the young men in question. And, was very much in the young man's life before he became school board president." SMOAK

enlighten us, please

"I don't know how many people realize this, but, Charley Peck, the Pine Tree ISD school board president has educational power of attorney for one of the young men in question. And, was very much in the young man's life before he became school board president." SMOAK

enlighten us, please

sounds to me like it's possible one of those players could be living with him in order to get to play football for PT.

sounds to me like it's possible one of those players could be living with him in order to get to play football for PT.

Pine Tree set themselves on fire and no one is around to stop it. This could leave district in a very unfortunate position now and years to come. If the well todo parent in the view decides to send kids somewhere else, PT could be looking at a very different school district ten years down line.