Kilgore @ Gladewater

WhoamI97539

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilgore by a bunch. I really thought Gladewater had those hiccups out of their system, but I guess not. To get to the playoffs, you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat, and the Bears just can't seem to do that.

every freaking stinkin year!!!

Kilgore by a bunch. I really thought Gladewater had those hiccups out of their system, but I guess not. To get to the playoffs, you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat, and the Bears just can't seem to do that.

First, you are assuming that Bullard was a team we were suppose to beat. Bullard played a heck of a game. They shut down our RB's and hit the big play several times to put us in a hole. We made one mistake that gave the Panthers a short field, but their offense didn't need a short field. We couldn't stop them. And their defense beat us to the corners, got penetration against our OL and had great coverage on our receivers.

There were no hiccups. Bullard had the better team!!

So I guess kilgore/gladewater will be 49-0 end of 1...

I have no clue. I haven't seen Kilgore play. Until I do, I couldn't predict a score. They were picked pre-season to be in the Top 2 of District 16-3A. They are still on course to do that. The fourth playoff spot was said to be a battle between Gladewater/Bullard/Henderson. Right now Bullard has a great shot at it depending on how they handle their next two games, which are against Chapel Hill and Henderson. The Lions and the Bears still have an outside shot, but it won't be easy!!!

I have no clue. I haven't seen Kilgore play. Until I do, I couldn't predict a score. They were picked pre-season to be in the Top 2 of District 16-3A. They are still on course to do that. The fourth playoff spot was said to be a battle between Gladewater/Bullard/Henderson. Right now Bullard has a great shot at it depending on how they handle their next two games, which are against Chapel Hill and Henderson. The Lions and the Bears still have an outside shot, but it won't be easy!!!

IMO...Gladewater was better then Bullard. Gladewater has jeckll and hyde syndrome...

IMO...Gladewater was better then Bullard. Gladewater has jeckll and hyde syndrome...

Well, unless you live there or have been to all their games and all Bullard's games, I really don't know how you can make that assumption. What do you base your opinion on? In the past I would agree that the Bears have put so much into playing Gilmer that after a loss to the Buckeyes Gladewater tends to play like the season is over. That wasn't the case this year and although they played well against Spring Hill, the Bears still have many areas that are suspect. Nothing against Spring Hill, but the Bears are better than they are. Friday night against Bullard the Bears had to deal with players not playing as much because of being banged up. Even healthy, I'm not sure it would have made a difference. As far as them having a "Jekyll and Hyde" syndrome......I don't buy it!!!!

Let's not take anything away from Bullard. We will know more in the next two weeks just how good or bad Bullard is.

First, you are assuming that Bullard was a team we were suppose to beat. Bullard played a heck of a game. They shut down our RB's and hit the big play several times to put us in a hole. We made one mistake that gave the Panthers a short field, but their offense didn't need a short field. We couldn't stop them. And their defense beat us to the corners, got penetration against our OL and had great coverage on our receivers.

There were no hiccups. Bullard had the better team!!

You know football Mam!

Gladewater simply not executing, otherwise they would be in this game. Gladewater is nowhere near the team Kilgore is, but they are also not the same team that played Gilmer. Gladewater was actually "Crisper" 3 weeks ago... It looks like they have mentally checked out. Who could blame them, as there are more people at Gilmer's Jr High games than are Bear fans here tonight!