Who wins  

58 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Chapel Hill in a close game
    • Chapel HIl in a blow out
    • Kilgore in a close game
    • Kilgore in a blow out

Kilgore definitely has more speed.

People are putting way too much into the Gladewater / Kilgore game, in my opinion. I think Kilgore will certainly be more prepared for Chapel Hill than they were for Gladewater. If the turnover bug doesn't bite Kilgore again like it did in the Gladewater game, I think Kilgore wins by about 2 TDs. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was closer, though, considering Chapel Hill is a better team than anybody Kilgore has faced this season thus far. I'm definitely interested to see how this game shakes out with Kilgore at full strength. Getting Colbert back will certainly help, in my opinion.

I'm definitely looking forward how this game will end.

Now seeing it from this perspective. CH will definitely have to prove themselves. (Not that they haven't)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play. The overall team speed difference is negligible. I do think Kilgore is faster, but Chapel Hill has enough speed to cause problems. If Chapel Hill can take away the running game of Kilgore, definitely no easy task, and force Kilgore to throw the ball, they have a legit shot at the upset. With Colbert coming back, it adds another dimension to Kilgore's running game, in my opinion, but he may be a little rusty throwing the ball. I do think Chapel Hill will be the best team that Kilgore has faced this year, and it will take their A-game to beat them. If the turnover bug bites Kilgore in this one, and doesn't bite Chapel Hill, I think CH wins. If neither team has an advantage in turnovers or penalties, Kilgore wins. I think the game will be within a couple of TDs either way.

I'm really interested to see how this game shakes out.

I have seen both teams play. The overall team speed difference is negligible. I do think Kilgore is faster, but Chapel Hill has enough speed to cause problems. If Chapel Hill can take away the running game of Kilgore, definitely no easy task, and force Kilgore to throw the ball, they have a legit shot at the upset. With Colbert coming back, it adds another dimension to Kilgore's running game, in my opinion, but he may be a little rusty throwing the ball. I do think Chapel Hill will be the best team that Kilgore has faced this year, and it will take their A-game to beat them. If the turnover bug bites Kilgore in this one, and doesn't bite Chapel Hill, I think CH wins. If neither team has an advantage in turnovers or penalties, Kilgore wins. I think the game will be within a couple of TDs either way.

I'm really interested to see how this game shakes out.

if if if if damn man just say who you thank gon win! I got da Hill, by 7

Personally, I think Chapel Hill has the team to beat anybody, and could be a Dark Horse in Div 1, they have the depth and the talent, they are just miss firing alittle on offense, their D is definitely talented enough to get some stops against Kilgore, if they fade late like they did against Gilmer, it will be all Kilgore, Kilgore is use to grinding games out, and winning by a small margins late in the game, I say if Chapel Hill mixes it up on offense, and Black has a good night, Chapel Hill can get the win, but if they let Kilgore continue to pound the rock, and get first downs, its all Kilgore! I'm gonna say Chapel Hill realizes how good they are, and pulls this one out by one or two touchdowns!

Personally, I think Chapel Hill has the team to beat anybody, and could be a Dark Horse in Div 1, they have the depth and the talent, they are just miss firing alittle on offense, their D is definitely talented enough to get some stops against Kilgore, if they fade late like they did against Gilmer, it will be all Kilgore, Kilgore is use to grinding games out, and winning by a small margins late in the game, I say if Chapel Hill mixes it up on offense, and Black has a good night, Chapel Hill can get the win, but if they let Kilgore continue to pound the rock, and get first downs, its all Kilgore! I'm gonna say Chapel Hill realizes how good they are, and pulls this one out by one or two touchdowns!

Just think how good they would be without the injuries to key players they have....I think they're second best in district if they have them

Having seen both of these teams play (Kilgore twice) I think the X Factor in this game will be the play at the QB Position. More specifically, can they make plays on third down with their feet and can they HOLD ONTO THE BALL and convert in the Red Zone. CH has a QB that is getting better every week, and Kilgore's QB has now missed 3 games if I'm not mistaken?

ADVANTAGE: CH

Another key to the game will be "Up Front" and Kilgore is about as good as it gets there. If CH cannot stop Justice and the running game, they will be under real pressure to out-score Kilgore. CH is very capable and explosive enough to get out to a 2 TD + Lead and force

Kilgore to throw to stay in the game. But unless they can get penetration and cause some turnovers, keeping Kilgore in 2nd and 3rd and long, that will be tough. Up front in the trenches?

ADVANTAGE: Kilgore

Games among well matched teams seem to come down to a few "Big Plays", Turnovers and Special Teams. Kilgore comes into the game off of a lackluster performance against Gladewater, and if you look back now after 7 weeks, you can honestly say "Kilgore has played a weak schedule." They also have a QB returning that although talented, has been out for a month. CH has been getting better each week and I think has a belief they can beat Kilgore. So from an "Intangibles" standpoint,

I have a feeling this will be a shoot out, with both teams scoring in the 40s. Both teams have explosive offenses and have relied more on scoring than defense. They also have great kickers, athletes and speed. Overall Kilgore likely has more talent, but CH's QB makes the difference in this game. I look for a "Track Meet" to break out Friday night.

My prediction:

CH 45

Kilgore 42

Having seen both of these teams play (Kilgore twice) I think the X Factor in this game will be the play at the QB Position. More specifically, can they make plays on third down with their feet and can they HOLD ONTO THE BALL and convert in the Red Zone. CH has a QB that is getting better every week, and Kilgore's QB has now missed 3 games if I'm not mistaken?

Another key to the game will be "Up Front" and Kilgore is about as good as it gets there. If CH cannot stop Justice and the running game, they will be under real pressure to out-score Kilgore. CH is very capable and explosive enough to get out to a 2 TD + Lead and force

Kilgore to throw to stay in the game. But unless they can get penetration and cause some turnovers, keeping Kilgore in 2nd and 3rd and long, that will be tough. Up front in the trenches?

ADVANTAGE: Kilgore

Games among well matched teams seem to come down to a few "Big Plays", Turnovers and Special Teams. Kilgore comes into the game off of a lackluster performance against Gladewater, and if you look back now after 7 weeks, you can honestly say "Kilgore has played a weak schedule." They also have a QB returning that although talented, has been out for a month. CH has been getting better each week and I think has a belief they can beat Kilgore. So from an "Intangibles" standpoint,

I have a feeling this will be a shoot out, with both teams scoring in the 40s. Both teams have explosive offenses and have relied more on scoring than defense. They also have great kickers, athletes and speed. Overall Kilgore likely has more talent, but CH's QB makes the difference in this game. I look for a "Track Meet" to break out Friday night.

My prediction:

CH 45

Kilgore 42

Dude I know its a prediction but its a dumb one to say ch will score 45 pts theres know way their O will be on the field that much to score that many pts and if so they would have to score quick every possession possible. Everbody is saying IF a bunch and especially Gilmer fans I think they want Kilgore to have a bunch of IFs cause they know it would be their only way for Gilmer to beat Kilgore! JS! Lets be realistic here.

Dude I know its a prediction but its a dumb one to say ch will score 45 pts theres know way their O will be on the field that much to score that many pts and if so they would have to score quick every possession possible. Everbody is saying IF a bunch and especially Gilmer fans I think they want Kilgore to have a bunch of IFs cause they know it would be their only way for Gilmer to beat Kilgore! JS! Lets be realistic here.

+ uno

I aint got no dog in da fight, but brah you on the Gilmer threads more than the Gilmer folks, go back and look, you the pot calln the keetle black an dats the truth! I seen both ya play, and believe me my bet is Gilmer aint worried, kilgo is good but da aint gilmer good now I just sayn!

I aint got no dog in da fight, but brah you on the Gilmer threads more than the Gilmer folks, go back and look, you the pot calln the keetle black an dats the truth! I seen both ya play, and believe me my bet is Gilmer aint worried, kilgo is good but da aint gilmer good now I just sayn!

Man I don't have a clue what in the he££ your saying!

We'll see if I'm correct. I'm sure I am NOT missing this game! I really think this will be the best game of the year in 16-3A. I think CH is underrated, and I was impressed with their QB. Kilgore's QB has been injured the past three weeks at least. That's a month between games. Maybe Kilgore left their WORST game at Jack Murphy last week, but I honestly think their weak schedule is about to jump up and bite them. So I will stand by my earlier post, look forward to the game, and again...we'll see if I'm right.

What in the hell did you just say

We'll see if I'm correct. I'm sure I am NOT missing this game! I really think this will be the best game of the year in 16-3A. I think CH is underrated, and I was impressed with their QB. Kilgore's QB has been injured the past three weeks at least. That's a month between games. Maybe Kilgore left their WORST game at Jack Murphy last week, but I honestly think their weak schedule is about to jump up and bite them. So I will stand by my earlier post, look forward to the game, and again...we'll see if I'm right.

Hahaha! Weak schedule yeah it might not be that tough but I guarantee you its tougher than gilmers schedule. But we shall see I don't see where ch has any of a different team than from last yr and we all know what kilgore did to em.

CH 20

Kilgore 42

Hahaha! Weak schedule yeah it might not be that tough but I guarantee you its tougher than gilmers schedule. But we shall see I don't see where ch has any of a different team than from last yr and we all know what kilgore did to em.

CH 20

Kilgore 42

Your comments are pointless

CH 20

Kilgore 42

Do you watch chapel hill? Did you see them

Last season? In case you forgot lindale and Bullard beat chapel hill last season pretty badly. Chapel hills defense couldn't stop anybody last year and qb play was not that good. Chapel hill will give Kilgore all they want and possibly come out with a win. IMO gilmer beats Kilgore by 3 touchdowns this year.

You guarantee it is tougher than Gilmer's schedule?

Listen... First and foremost I am tired of people lumping me in as a "Gilmer Only" fan. Yes, I played at Gilmer, but I went to Ohio State... Therefore the "Handle". Get it? Buckeyefandom? Make sense?

Second, I am a fan of ET Football and come up from the Houston area when I can to watch the best HS football in America IMO. I'll be in Kilgore Friday night to watch your bulldogs for a third time (which is also how many times I have seen Gilmer Play BTW). And the only time I drive home disappointed was last week from Gladewater.

Third, your comment about Kilgore playing a tougher schedule than Gilmer is rediculous. Daingerfield, Prestonwood, Chapel Hill, Atlanta will all be making playoff runs. Marshall, Pine Tree and Mt Pleasant? 4A? Sure. Playoffs? HA!

Finally, I have watched your Bulldogs play twice this year. I was impressed with the Justice Kid and the O-Line BOTH games. Yes, Kilgore has speed and athletes and is a really good 3A football team with good coaching and a winning program, and I sincerely hope that the "Jekyll / Hyde" bulldogs step it up and win the D1 State Title! I love this District and get sick of hearing from my Cuero and Stephenville buddies that the "District of Doom"Is all hype. But seeing what I saw in Gladewater last week, and having seen CH play Gilmer, I will tell you that your plate is full this Friday night.

As for you bringing Gilmer into this discussion, I'm sure that their fans will have no issues with you focusing on them 3 weeks from now... go ahead and look past CH. But I would bet you that nobody in the Gilmer Fieldhouse is thinking about Kilgore right now. And when the next two weeks are up and Gilmer and Kilgore finally square off, trust me when I tell you that your plate on THAT Friday night will overfloweth!

I call'em like I see'em, so refer back to my earlier posts. CH is the first legit playoff team Kilgore has seen all year. We'll see if the "Real Ragin Red" actually shows up and proves they are a legit SC contender. If so, I will be really happy, because it will mean a GREAT game is in store in 3 weeks. But my suspicion is, that the final year for the Dist of Doom will turn out to be themed "Gilmer And the Rest of em". I know Gilmer is for real. I know CH is a good team that is getting better. I know Kilgore is a good team, but I'm not sure they are as good as advertised. That's my opinion. We'll surely see! Which is why there are

So many miles on my car ;-)

You guarantee it is tougher than Gilmer's schedule?

Listen... First and foremost I am tired of people lumping me in as a "Gilmer Only" fan. Yes, I played at Gilmer, but I went to Ohio State... Therefore the "Handle". Get it? Buckeyefandom? Make sense?

Second, I am a fan of ET Football and come up from the Houston area when I can to watch the best HS football in America IMO. I'll be in Kilgore Friday night to watch your bulldogs for a third time (which is also how many times I have seen Gilmer Play BTW). And the only time I drive home disappointed was last week from Gladewater.

Third, your comment about Kilgore playing a tougher schedule than Gilmer is rediculous. Daingerfield, Prestonwood, Chapel Hill, Atlanta will all be making playoff runs. Marshall, Pine Tree and Mt Pleasant? 4A? Sure. Playoffs? HA!

Finally, I have watched your Bulldogs play twice this year. I was impressed with the Justice Kid and the O-Line BOTH games. Yes, Kilgore has speed and athletes and is a really good 3A football team with good coaching and a winning program, and I sincerely hope that the "Jekyll / Hyde" bulldogs step it up and win the D1 State Title! I love this District and get sick of hearing from my Cuero and Stephenville buddies that the "District of Doom"Is all hype. But seeing what I saw in Gladewater last week, and having seen CH play Gilmer, I will tell you that your plate is full this Friday night.

As for you bringing Gilmer into this discussion, I'm sure that their fans will have no issues with you focusing on them 3 weeks from now... go ahead and look past CH. But I would bet you that nobody in the Gilmer Fieldhouse is thinking about Kilgore right now. And when the next two weeks are up and Gilmer and Kilgore finally square off, trust me when I tell you that your plate on THAT Friday night will overfloweth!

I call'em like I see'em, so refer back to my earlier posts. CH is the first legit playoff team Kilgore has seen all year. We'll see if the "Real Ragin Red" actually shows up and proves they are a legit SC contender. If so, I will be really happy, because it will mean a GREAT game is in store in 3 weeks. But my suspicion is, that the final year for the Dist of Doom will turn out to be themed "Gilmer And the Rest of em". I know Gilmer is for real. I know CH is a good team that is getting better. I know Kilgore is a good team, but I'm not sure they are as good as advertised. That's my opinion. We'll surely see! Which is why there are

So many miles on my car ;-)

I forgot your always right and were always wrong it only matters what you say obviously so we shall see. Everybody is quick to jump on the I don't think Kilgore is any good now cause how they played Gwater heck they only beat em 31-6 last yr but that was last yr so I will leave it at that. Of course teams will move the ball on Kilgore but in the end no team can seem to get pts so I will say that the D is doing their job magnificently and the pts that Kilgore has given up have come on the backups.

I just wanna hear what the haters will say when Kilgore comes out on top soundly Friday night!

I forgot your always right and were always wrong it only matters what you say obviously so we shall see. Everybody is quick to jump on the I don't think Kilgore is any good now cause how they played Gwater heck they only beat em 31-6 last yr but that was last yr so I will leave it at that. Of course teams will move the ball on Kilgore but in the end no team can seem to get pts so I will say that the D is doing their job magnificently and the pts that Kilgore has given up have come on the backups.

I just wanna hear what the haters will say when Kilgore comes out on top soundly Friday night!

I hope you are right! I'm sorry that FACTS disturb you. YOU made the statement that Kilgore's schedule is tougher than Gilmer's. Not me. That is simply not backed up by the facts. I could cite you the combined records of Gilmer's

Opponents (and "Power Rankings" of those teams from other websites) if you want to make the argument that your statements are "Provable" over mine. But do you have any other meaningful insights other than "I love Kilgore and will attack anyone who says anything different" And critical insight makes me a "Hater"? If you do, I'd love to hear them...and will do so respectfully and with an open mind. But I won't waste time dealing with emotions that should be reserved for pep rallies.

You say "Teams move the ball against Kilgore, but in the end no team can get points." But I can round up ten other guys in my surrounding cubicles here and go hold my nephews Pee Wee team scoreless too... IMO, Kilgore's defense is "Suspect" to me, despite their obvious talent levels and speed. You make my point in your comment. If INFERIOR teams Kilgore has played this far can move the ball on the Raging Red Defense, what are PLAYOFF Calibur teams like CH going to do?

It's a good thing Kilgore has good coaching, and I am confident that they are well aware of the facts. Kilgore cannot control the schedule they have played. They are undefeated, talented and highly ranked. Those are facts as well. But watching them last week, they were WORSE than two weeks prior as a team. That should concern Kilgore fans. CH has a REALLY good QB and are a lot better than Gladewater. I'm telling you, CH is NOT Gladewater. Kilgore turns it over, plays sloppy and is lethargic defensively this week? CH will run off and leave them.

We'll see if I'm correct. I'm sure I am NOT missing this game! I really think this will be the best game of the year in 16-3A. I think CH is underrated, and I was impressed with their QB. Kilgore's QB has been injured the past three weeks at least. That's a month between games. Maybe Kilgore left their WORST game at Jack Murphy last week, but I honestly think their weak schedule is about to jump up and bite them.

First of all, we don't have much control over how good or bad our opponents are. No one had any idea when the schedules were made that Marshall was going to hit rock bottom. Pine Tree was supposed to be much improved this year. Mt. Pleasant was a pre-season favorite to win their district. They have both tanked since we played them. Sweeney backed out on us. Lubbock Estacado backed out on us. The rest of the teams are in our district and we obviously have no control over that.

Secondly, this team is loaded with seniors and juniors that made it to the state semi-finals last year. Many of the seniors were also key contributors as sophomores to a 4A quarter-final run in 2011. They know what a quality opponent looks like. This argument that Kilgore will not be prepared due to a weak schedule is played out. They know that the road ahead of them will be much bumpier than the road they've traveled.

Chapel Hill is a very good team. Great players, great coaches, great tradition, trophies in the trophy case. I can assure you that Kilgore is not looking past them, nor will they be unprepared for them.