Chill5000

Who wins  

58 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Chapel Hill in a close game
    • Chapel HIl in a blow out
    • Kilgore in a close game
    • Kilgore in a blow out

I hope you are right! I'm sorry that FACTS disturb you. YOU made the statement that Kilgore's schedule is tougher than Gilmer's. Not me. That is simply not backed up by the facts. I could cite you the combined records of Gilmer's

Opponents (and "Power Rankings" of those teams from other websites) if you want to make the argument that your statements are "Provable" over mine. But do you have any other meaningful insights other than "I love Kilgore and will attack anyone who says anything different" And critical insight makes me a "Hater"? If you do, I'd love to hear them...and will do so respectfully and with an open mind. But I won't waste time dealing with emotions that should be reserved for pep rallies.

You say "Teams move the ball against Kilgore, but in the end no team can get points." But I can round up ten other guys in my surrounding cubicles here and go hold my nephews Pee Wee team scoreless too... IMO, Kilgore's defense is "Suspect" to me, despite their obvious talent levels and speed. You make my point in your comment. If INFERIOR teams Kilgore has played this far can move the ball on the Raging Red Defense, what are PLAYOFF Calibur teams like CH going to do?

It's a good thing Kilgore has good coaching, and I am confident that they are well aware of the facts. Kilgore cannot control the schedule they have played. They are undefeated, talented and highly ranked. Those are facts as well. But watching them last week, they were WORSE than two weeks prior as a team. That should concern Kilgore fans. CH has a REALLY good QB and are a lot better than Gladewater. I'm telling you, CH is NOT Gladewater. Kilgore turns it over, plays sloppy and is lethargic defensively this week? CH will run off and leave them.

O its great when you try to make yourself a Kilgore fan on here trying to cover your a$$ on your posts when someone calls you out on them!

We shall see Ole Kilgore faithful we shall see!!

KILGORE RULES!! EVERYONE ELSE DROOLS!! HAHAHA!!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guarantee it is tougher than Gilmer's schedule?

Listen... First and foremost I am tired of people lumping me in as a "Gilmer Only" fan. Yes, I played at Gilmer, but I went to Ohio State... Therefore the "Handle". Get it? Buckeyefandom? Make sense?

Second, I am a fan of ET Football and come up from the Houston area when I can to watch the best HS football in America IMO. I'll be in Kilgore Friday night to watch your bulldogs for a third time (which is also how many times I have seen Gilmer Play BTW). And the only time I drive home disappointed was last week from Gladewater.

Third, your comment about Kilgore playing a tougher schedule than Gilmer is rediculous. Daingerfield, Prestonwood, Chapel Hill, Atlanta will all be making playoff runs. Marshall, Pine Tree and Mt Pleasant? 4A? Sure. Playoffs? HA!

Finally, I have watched your Bulldogs play twice this year. I was impressed with the Justice Kid and the O-Line BOTH games. Yes, Kilgore has speed and athletes and is a really good 3A football team with good coaching and a winning program, and I sincerely hope that the "Jekyll / Hyde" bulldogs step it up and win the D1 State Title! I love this District and get sick of hearing from my Cuero and Stephenville buddies that the "District of Doom"Is all hype. But seeing what I saw in Gladewater last week, and having seen CH play Gilmer, I will tell you that your plate is full this Friday night.

As for you bringing Gilmer into this discussion, I'm sure that their fans will have no issues with you focusing on them 3 weeks from now... go ahead and look past CH. But I would bet you that nobody in the Gilmer Fieldhouse is thinking about Kilgore right now. And when the next two weeks are up and Gilmer and Kilgore finally square off, trust me when I tell you that your plate on THAT Friday night will overfloweth!

I call'em like I see'em, so refer back to my earlier posts. CH is the first legit playoff team Kilgore has seen all year. We'll see if the "Real Ragin Red" actually shows up and proves they are a legit SC contender. If so, I will be really happy, because it will mean a GREAT game is in store in 3 weeks. But my suspicion is, that the final year for the Dist of Doom will turn out to be themed "Gilmer And the Rest of em". I know Gilmer is for real. I know CH is a good team that is getting better. I know Kilgore is a good team, but I'm not sure they are as good as advertised. That's my opinion. We'll surely see! Which is why there are

So many miles on my car ;-)

Hey Ole buckeye faithful didn't you not to long ago make a comment about Gilmer getting healthy pretty quick if they want to compete against Kilgore and about how good Kilgore looked when you skipped the CH vs Gilmer gm. And now after Kilgore played Gwater they don't even stand a chance against CH or Gilmer? Now I think you need to get your facts straight and make your mind up.

And I want you to break the gm down on how you think in your ol head this ch vs kilgore gm is gonna come out if yoyr saying ch will put 45 pts on kilgore please explain.

For all the Buckeye Fans out there, I will admit that I skipped out on rolling all the way over to "The Hill" on Friday and stopped by the Bullard / Kilgore Game instead (it was closer and saved me an hour getting back home). My score prediction on that game was close, but I will tell you after watching Kilgore, the Buckeyes had better keep getting healthy and improving every week, because the Bulldogs are for real!

First off, Bullard was physically overmatched and Kilgore could have made it much worse than the score wound up. Second, something must have happened to the regular Kilgore QB...because he did not contribute. He was suited out and warmed up, then did not play. But with that O-Line and the Justice kid running the ball, I could have been the Kilgore QB and could have played with my throwing arm tied behind my back and it would not have mattered. Heck, with that O-Line, I may could have even had 100 yards rushing...(ok, maybe not...but still), The Dawgs are that good in their running game! The Justice kid has the kind of talent that will remind you of (Dare I say it) a former LE RB that Gilmer could not catch, Lamichael James. He is a HR Threat every time he touches the ball and he will be against everybody he faces this year, including Gilmer and Carthage. Even Kilgore's backup RBs are pretty salty...and absolutely on the same level as Gilmer's RBs talent and depth wise. But I don't think anybody else in 3A has Kilgore's "Ground from the Dog Pound" Running Game. Their RBs and O-Line can literally take over a game, and they will be a FORCE to be reckoned with, I guarantee you that. Carthage had better watch out as well. These two teams will face up in the 3A-DI, and I think the winner will get a ring.

With Kilgore's QB out, it was difficult to tell if they can actually throw the ball consistently, but with that kind of running game requiring 8 or more guys in the box to stop it, I cannot imagine that Kilgore 's starting QB when healthy can't throw it at will off play action as well. They could have killed Bullard through the air too, but there was kind of no point in even putting it up when your running game cannot be stopped. The problem for opposing teams will be Kilgore's ability to take the ball and run it (literally) down your throat, creating 2nd and short situations and completely DOMINATING the Line of Scrimmage...and with that, Time of Possession and the clock, keeping the opposing offense off the field. Yes, I know... "I can hear you all talking to your computer screens now saying "But it was BULLARD!" Yep. I get it. But I see "Speed & Talent" every week watching Gilmer, and let me tell ya folks, Kilgore MORE than matches up. Beating the Bulldogs is gonna mean STOPPING the run. And before you do that, you have to beat the guy in front of you, then catch the ball carrier, then TACKLE him. And accomplishing ANY ONE of those THREE tasks will not be easy for anybody...including the Buckeyes and/or (Carthage) Bulldawgs.

Gilmer and Kilgore have a LOT of football to be played before this "Tilt", and keeping and having everybody healthy will be a key to whoever wins this one in Week 10. But I will tell you this after watching the Buckeyes roll over some pretty stiff competition week in and week out so far this year, there is another "Big Bear" in the woods in 16-3A...and the Buckeyes will have to call another "Code Red" when they head over to Kilgore in a few weeks to come out with the W. These Dawgs have some BITE to em! If everybody is still healthy on both sides then, this'll be a doozy!

Posted by good ole buckeyefandom!

Dude I know its a prediction but its a dumb one to say ch will score 45 pts theres know way their O will be on the field that much to score that many pts and if so they would have to score quick every possession possible. Everbody is saying IF a bunch and especially Gilmer fans I think they want Kilgore to have a bunch of IFs cause they know it would be their only way for Gilmer to beat Kilgore! JS! Lets be realistic here.

I'll agree with you on that, only team that could do that is Gilmer and don't even think they'll score more than 30.

Hahaha! Weak schedule yeah it might not be that tough but I guarantee you its tougher than gilmers schedule. But we shall see I don't see where ch has any of a different team than from last yr and we all know what kilgore did to em.

CH 20

Kilgore 42

What the hell. Who has kilgore played? Lol prestonwood? no. Daingerfield? no. list goes on. tougher schedule goes to gilmer

WhoamI... I don't even know where to start responding to your posts. "Oooooohhhh you got me!" Reposting something I posted after watching Kilgore play the first time. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS... Oh, maybe THAT is your problem in understanding me. That may be a rather difficult skill for you. So let me help... I'll use small words.

Kilgore vs Bullard 3 weeks ago? Kilgore GOOOOD.

Kilgore vs Gladewater last week? Kilgore NOT so GOOOOD.

Bullard NOT playoff team.

Gladewater NOT playoff team.

Kilgore NO PLAY a playoff team all year.

CH? YES a playoff team.

Kilgore play CH, this week, will have HARDER time.

Kilgore play like last week vs CH... Kilgore LOSE!

That simple enough for ya? Let's hope your Bulldogs post a score around your IQ, cause it's gonna take 40 to win.

WhoamI... I don't even know where to start responding to your posts. "Oooooohhhh you got me!" Reposting something I posted after watching Kilgore play the first time. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS... Oh, maybe THAT is your problem in understanding me. That may be a rather difficult skill for you. So let me help... I'll use small words.

Kilgore vs Bullard 3 weeks ago? Kilgore GOOOOD.

Kilgore vs Gladewater last week? Kilgore NOT so GOOOOD.

Bullard NOT playoff team.

Gladewater NOT playoff team.

Kilgore NO PLAY a playoff team all year.

CH? YES a playoff team.

Kilgore play CH, this week, will have HARDER time.

Kilgore play like last week vs CH... Kilgore LOSE!

That simple enough for ya? Let's hope your Bulldogs post a score around your IQ, cause it's gonna take 40 to win.

Hahaha! Man your full of it to begin with I didn't go back and find the post until it was brought to my attention from someone else and they wanted me to repost the comment I could care less man.

Im just trying to say that there's no way in

He££ that ch will score 45 pts on Kilgore and you still insist they will. Then someone showed me what you had commented about Kilgore's D one gm and now that Gwater played Kilgore good.

Can you break it down for us on your predictions on how ch will score 45 pts? We all wanna hear this!! Since you know kilgore real well after 1 or 2 gms yoy5 said you have watched.

McLovin. I do see your point with Kilgore's Defense on paper. They have the studs and the speed to seemingly be a stone wall on the defensive side. But Gladewater with Centers just ran right over Kilgore's front 7 and marched the field at will. Yes, the Kilgore secondary is fast. But it's not like Gladewater was going to do anything BUT pound the rock. And had Gladewater not had fumbleitis, they may have won that Ballgame. I think CH's Offense is the best Kilgore's Defense has seen all year thus far. Their QB can throw the football and he is athletic enough to hurt you with his feet. I understand that CH has some key athletes banged up, but I think CH will have NO issues moving the ball. The longer I watched Kilgore last week, the more a voice went off in my head saying "These guys have not played anybody!"

I know what Kilgore is capable of...their Running game is as good as there is in 3A IMO. But throw in a QB for Kilgore who has not played in a month, the sloppiness they showed against Gladewater and their inability to stop a big back and O-Line last week from lining up and running right over them, and it all spells UPSET to me.

I may be wrong, and sincerely hope I am, as I would like the Week 10 game for the 16-3A Title prove to have been the "Real SC Game" come December with both 16-3A Teams bringing home the hardware. I realize that Even "Great Teams" have off games and still find a way to win. Kilgore did that against Gladewater. But Gladewater played twice the game against Gilmer than they did against Kilgore, and Gilmer was Gilmer. Check the score. I really don't want to look back on this season and say "Prestonwood was the best team Gilmer faced all year." Look at D2 with Argyle going D1 and it's hard to see ANY team in the playoffs will Keep Gilmer from hanging however many points they want. But My thought all year was "Kilgore, Carthage, Argyle, Gilmer" are the top 4 teams in 3A. After last week, it's in question for me if Kilgore is at that level. I stick by my 45-42 CH win prediction.

I'll come eat my crow if Kilgore posts a score

on CH similar to what Gilmer did. I just don't see it happening after what I saw and running some numbers on Kilgore's Opponents so far this year.

I really don't think the Bears saw the "real" Bulldogs last week, but then again who really knows. 10 of Kilgore's 17 1st half points against the Bears came after Gladewater turnovers in Bear territory. Both teams made their share of mistakes in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Bear defense limited the Bulldogs to only 1 first down, and the only Kilgore score came from a Bear pitch the hit the Bulldog defender in stride at the Gladewater 25 yrd. line. Kilgore had the ball 5 times in the 2nd half and went 3 and out punting 3 times. On another possession they fumbled and the Bears returned it 64 yards to set up their lone TD. The other Kilgore possession ended the game. Kilgore had 40 total yards of offense in the 2nd half. And as buckeyefandom said, the Bears were running the ball down Kilgore's throat pretty successfully.

Gladewater had 51 carries for 185 yds. That's not really anything to write home about. Kilgore had about 50 more yds of offense and ran 22 fewer plays than Gwater. We also had a 60 yd TD run called back, a 55 yd run called back, and a pick 6 called back. It was an ugly game, but it was never in doubt.

[quote name="WhoamI97539"

Can you break it down for us on your predictions on how ch will score 45 pts? We all wanna hear this!! Since you know kilgore real well after 1 or 2 gms yoy5 said you have watched.

Sure thing. It's called BALANCE. And that is not something Kilgore's defense has had to cope with all year. A one dimensional team like Gladewater lined up and ran over Kilgore. CH averages 44.5 points per game, and has scored 7 TDs in 5 of their 8 games. The three games they did NOT score 7 TDs? 5 TDs against Whitehouse...the #2 ranked team in Texas 4A, 4 TDs against Gilmer... The #1 ranked team in Texas 3A, and 3 TDs against Carthage...a Top 10 3A Team whose only loss is to Whitehouse. Stiff enough competition for ya? I would argue THAT may be the toughest 3A schedule in the state this season. And CH is the better for having run that gauntlet.

Is Kilgore's defense the best CH has seen this year? That's debatable. Will Kilgore be the beat team CH has seen this year? That's debatable. And has CH STILL managed to score points against EVERYBODY they have faced? Yep.

Now. Let's see what Kilgore has done against "Like Opponents" CH has faced as well.

Kilgore scored 41 against SH.

CH scored 49 against SH

Kilgore scored 49 against Bullard

CH scored 56 against Bullard

Now compare the statistics of RUN vs PASS. Given the understanding that both teams have been on the winning end of some Lopsided victories, therefore running the ball more in the second half... I have taken ONLY first half stats from the big wins from both teams. What I found? CH is a 60-40 run pass / team. Kilgore is a 70-30 run pass team. CH is more balanced, and has the better QB.

Now, throw in the rushing yards and first down stats from last week's Gladewater game, and the conclusion is that Kilgore did NOT stop a team that is 72-25 run / pass. And if you know a team is one dimensional and you still don't stop them, THEN what?

I'm not belittling your beloved Bulldogs. But you need to recognize that the team coming to Kilgore

Has been tested by fire and has already seen the best ET has to offer... And they know one thing for sure. They can SCORE on ANYBODY! I will be shocked if CH is not still playing in Rd 3 or even deeper in the playoffs. They are a REALLY good football team, and are BY FAR the best team Kilgore has seen all year.

CH hung 5 TDs on the #2 Team in 4A

CH hung 4 TDs on the #1 Team in 3A

So you must be saying that Kilgore's defense (the one who 5 nights ago gave up 300+ yards to a one dimensional 3-5 team that gave the ball to you 6 TIMES and you STILL only beat by 18 points) is going to stop CH?

You don't think CH can score their season average on THAT defense? Then your assumption CAN ONLY be that Kilgore is on par or better than Whitehouse or Gilmer. If they are, then Halloween must come on October 18th in Kilgore, because whoever that was masquerading as the "Ragin Red" at Jack Murphy Stadium last week sure had some authentic looking costumes. But as soon as the game started, it was easy to

see that was NOT a "Top 5"team. We're about to find out if that was an aberration.

Gladewater had 51 carries for 185 yds. That's not really anything to write home about. Kilgore had about 50 more yds of offense and ran 22 fewer plays than Gwater. We also had a 60 yd TD run called back, a 55 yd run called back, and a pick 6 called back. It was an ugly game, but it was never in doubt.

On the pick 6, penalty happened after the interception so you still kept the ball only to throw an interception of your own into the endzone where a Bear made a mistake of trying to return it and ended up fumbling giving y'all the ball on the Bear 26. You gained 4 yards in 3 plays and kicked a 39 yrd FG.

You forgot the 6 completions we had compared to 2 for Kilgore. OK, so the Bears controlled the ball better than the Bulldogs. And that's even with the 5 fumbles and 1 interception. I know the Bulldogs had 3 fumbles and an interception of their own.

Look, this thread isn't about the Bears. It's about Kilgore and Chapel Hill. The point of my post was that the Bears did shut down the Kilgore offense in the 2nd half. And that was an offense that still had their starters in the game. And your defense didn't really stop the Bears. The Bears stopped themselves. Gladewater only had 3 series that went 3 plays. One was a 3 & out. On another drive they fumbled on the 3rd play(which was the pitch out that Kilgore's defense caught in mid air and scored), and the other 3 play drive was the Gladewater score after a 64 yrd return of a Bulldog fumble. All their other series were longer. Kilgore's 1st 3 possessions of the 2nd half were all 3 & outs. The 4th one they fumbled on the 3rd play and the 5th possession was one of their longest and that was to run out the clock at the end of the game.

I'm sure none of the Kilgore fans in attendance ever thought the game was in doubt, but it sure gave the CH & Gilmer scouts something to look at.

On the pick 6, penalty happened after the interception so you still kept the ball only to throw an interception of your own into the endzone where a Bear made a mistake of trying to return it and ended up fumbling giving y'all the ball on the Bear 26. You gained 4 yards in 3 plays and kicked a 39 yrd FG.

You forgot the 6 completions we had compared to 2 for Kilgore. OK, so the Bears controlled the ball better than the Bulldogs. And that's even with the 5 fumbles and 1 interception. I know the Bulldogs had 3 fumbles and an interception of their own.

Look, this thread isn't about the Bears. It's about Kilgore and Chapel Hill. The point of my post was that the Bears did shut down the Kilgore offense in the 2nd half. And that was an offense that still had their starters in the game. And your defense didn't really stop the Bears. The Bears stopped themselves. Gladewater only had 3 series that went 3 plays. One was a 3 & out. On another drive they fumbled on the 3rd play(which was the pitch out that Kilgore's defense caught in mid air and scored), and the other 3 play drive was the Gladewater score after a 64 yrd return of a Bulldog fumble. All their other series were longer. Kilgore's 1st 3 possessions of the 2nd half were all 3 & outs. The 4th one they fumbled on the 3rd play and the 5th possession was one of their longest and that was to run out the clock at the end of the game.

I'm sure none of the Kilgore fans in attendance ever thought the game was in doubt, but it sure gave the CH & Gilmer scouts something to look at.

+1.

Sure thing. It's called BALANCE. And that is not something Kilgore's defense has had to cope with all year. A one dimensional team like Gladewater lined up and ran over Kilgore. CH averages 44.5 points per game, and has scored 7 TDs in 5 of their 8 games. The three games they did NOT score 7 TDs? 5 TDs against Whitehouse...the #2 ranked team in Texas 4A, 4 TDs against Gilmer... The #1 ranked team in Texas 3A, and 3 TDs against Carthage...a Top 10 3A Team whose only loss is to Whitehouse. Stiff enough competition for ya? I would argue THAT may be the toughest 3A schedule in the state this season. And CH is the better for having run that gauntlet.

Is Kilgore's defense the best CH has seen this year? That's debatable. Will Kilgore be the beat team CH has seen this year? That's debatable. And has CH STILL managed to score points against EVERYBODY they have faced? Yep.

Now. Let's see what Kilgore has done against "Like Opponents" CH has faced as well.

CH scored 49 against SH

Now compare the statistics of RUN vs PASS. Given the understanding that both teams have been on the winning end of some Lopsided victories, therefore running the ball more in the second half... I have taken ONLY first half stats from the big wins from both teams. What I found? CH is a 60-40 run pass / team. Kilgore is a 70-30 run pass team. CH is more balanced, and has the better QB.

Now, throw in the rushing yards and first down stats from last week's Gladewater game, and the conclusion is that Kilgore did NOT stop a team that is 72-25 run / pass. And if you know a team is one dimensional and you still don't stop them, THEN what?

I'm not belittling your beloved Bulldogs. But you need to recognize that the team coming to Kilgore

Has been tested by fire and has already seen the best ET has to offer... And they know one thing for sure. They can SCORE on ANYBODY! I will be shocked if CH is not still playing in Rd 3 or even deeper in the playoffs. They are a REALLY good football team, and are BY FAR the best team Kilgore has seen all year.

So you must be saying that Kilgore's defense (the one who 5 nights ago gave up 300+ yards to a one dimensional 3-5 team that gave the ball to you 6 TIMES and you STILL only beat by 18 points) is going to stop CH?

You don't think CH can score their season average on THAT defense? Then your assumption CAN ONLY be that Kilgore is on par or better than Whitehouse or Gilmer. If they are, then Halloween must come on October 18th in Kilgore, because whoever that was masquerading as the "Ragin Red" at Jack Murphy Stadium last week sure had some authentic looking costumes. But as soon as the game started, it was easy to

see that was NOT a "Top 5"team. We're about to find out if that was an aberration.

Good post.

Man,,,, I would sure love to see this game. One thing people need to understand. If you have not seen Chapel Hill,,, you might be under estimating them. These are some seriously big, strong athletic kids. And they play hard, and tough. If they have a really good game,,, this one could definitely shake up the district. I watched the first half of the Gladewater game against Kilgore. I mean no disrespect to Kilgore, because they have three of the best running backs in 16-3A. But Gladewater had 5 turnovers in the first half of that game. Had they not had the turnovers,, who knows what that score could have turned out to be. Now I know Kilgore had 3 turnovers at least of their own,, but Gladewater had a receiver who was "WIDE OPEN" at Kilgores five yard line that would have been an easy touchdown,, but he dropped it,, and it was right in his hands. I'm just saying,, the final score of that game, "COULD HAVE" been much closer,, or even a loss for Kilgore, with out GW's mistakes. I don't know if they turned the ball over in the 2nd half or not,, but I'll just say Kilgore had better not be sloppy against CH,, cause "they" will "NOT", be as easy to beat as Gladewater.

CH scored 49 against SH

all ah dem ar good points, even wit dat, I think kilgo, got a wak up call, but da are playn a much betta team in da Hill. Da hill gon step it up and take kilgo to da wood shed!

face it ya'l aint as good as u think u is period.

What the hell. Who has kilgore played? Lol prestonwood? no. Daingerfield? no. list goes on. tougher schedule goes to gilmer

True.

IMO, Kilgore has played the 'weaker' schedule out of all the teams in district.

Doesn't mean they can't beat really good teams. They just haven't had to, yet.

sorry I still spel #### how it souns lol..pluss I had 3 concussions in hs. so aint very good talkr. an dang sho didn do no good in English haha.

Not making fun at all Bad Wolf. We all have our TYPO moments... But if we can't figure out ways to laugh at ourselves in this short life, we are taking ourselves far too seriously. You should have seen the uproar I created a few years ago on another Statewide Board when I left the "L" out of "Flag" in referring to the nickname for Gilmer's Defense (Black Flag). The irony was, most of the readers were not familiar with Gilmer, nor the nickname! So I had some "Splainin" to do, and in fact was banned temporarily from the site because of it. Hopefully your Concussions do not have an adverse effct later on. I had the same issue. I like to say that anyone who played in that era who did NOT have weekly concussions was probably NOT very good! My ex-wife always said

that was just proof of the "Stupid"... She was probably right. But hey... I bet when you were on the field, SOMEBODY was gonna get hit! Anyway.. Lol... No worries. This ain't English class and nobody is grading these posts. So speak ur mind however you want bro. That's why Smoaky created this... His bless that man. I hope he's driving a new truck as hard as them boys at the dealership are working him ;-)

And a large number of Gimer Scouts...took up practically a whole section...I wore Orange & Black with the "G"...the Bears & the Bux go too far back...yell for the Bears when we visit 'em in off week. Did a good job guys...now we got Walker & Mack @ A&M together