• Chapel Hill in a close game
    • Chapel HIl in a blow out
    • Kilgore in a close game
    • Kilgore in a blow out

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilgore played MUCH better this week. No turnovers and dominant running game controlled the clock. The Kilgore defensive front also kept CH in 2nd and 3rd and long all night. CH did manage to expose Kilgore's secondary in the second half , but could not stop Kilgore's ground game.

Everybody stays healthy and TCB as they should next week, and we will have our showdown in a Week 10 for the trophy! That will be my next trip to ET and should be a good one.

21-9 Kilgore at the half. CH -1 in turnovers. Kilgore pounds the rock and #### the clock. I see what Kilgore fans meant by "Limiting Ch Possessions". CH missing a TD on the final possession of the half really hurt them. If they score, then the fumble is the difference in the game.

Kilgore looks MUCH better than they did against Gladewater. CH looks "Beat Up" and has 4 of their key players I saw against Gilmer out.

Well imagine that. lol Just what I would expect this Bux fan. I think I would have said the same thing about now. lol

Hahaha! Weak schedule yeah it might not be that tough but I guarantee you its tougher than gilmers schedule. But we shall see I don't see where ch has any of a different team than from last yr and we all know what kilgore did to em.

CH 20

Kilgore 42

Nice pick almost got it 42-25

Man I tell you what Justice is a BEAST

23 carries 180 yds 4 tds

Yes he is, I was also very impressed with the CH qb Black. That kid can play. We let them hit some big pass plays. I suspect we will get that cleaned up this week. Shoot, Benny may have to go both ways. I think I heard CH only had 53 yards on the ground. lol

Yes black is a very good athlete props to ch O-line they kept him protected very well our D gave him a little to much time back there thats why he picked us apart. But hey thats what good teams do they will expose another teams weakness.

Only bad thing about that is ch did it first so that gives them time to fix that problem!

Sure thing. It's called BALANCE. And that is not something Kilgore's defense has had to cope with all year. A one dimensional team like Gladewater lined up and ran over Kilgore. CH averages 44.5 points per game, and has scored 7 TDs in 5 of their 8 games. The three games they did NOT score 7 TDs? 5 TDs against Whitehouse...the #2 ranked team in Texas 4A, 4 TDs against Gilmer... The #1 ranked team in Texas 3A, and 3 TDs against Carthage...a Top 10 3A Team whose only loss is to Whitehouse. Stiff enough competition for ya? I would argue THAT may be the toughest 3A schedule in the state this season. And CH is the better for having run that gauntlet.

Is Kilgore's defense the best CH has seen this year? That's debatable. Will Kilgore be the beat team CH has seen this year? That's debatable. And has CH STILL managed to score points against EVERYBODY they have faced? Yep.

Now. Let's see what Kilgore has done against "Like Opponents" CH has faced as well.

Kilgore scored 41 against SH.

CH scored 49 against SH

Kilgore scored 49 against Bullard

CH scored 56 against Bullard

Now compare the statistics of RUN vs PASS. Given the understanding that both teams have been on the winning end of some Lopsided victories, therefore running the ball more in the second half... I have taken ONLY first half stats from the big wins from both teams. What I found? CH is a 60-40 run pass / team. Kilgore is a 70-30 run pass team. CH is more balanced, and has the better QB.

Now, throw in the rushing yards and first down stats from last week's Gladewater game, and the conclusion is that Kilgore did NOT stop a team that is 72-25 run / pass. And if you know a team is one dimensional and you still don't stop them, THEN what?

I'm not belittling your beloved Bulldogs. But you need to recognize that the team coming to Kilgore

Has been tested by fire and has already seen the best ET has to offer... And they know one thing for sure. They can SCORE on ANYBODY! I will be shocked if CH is not still playing in Rd 3 or even deeper in the playoffs. They are a REALLY good football team, and are BY FAR the best team Kilgore has seen all year.

CH hung 5 TDs on the #2 Team in 4A

CH hung 4 TDs on the #1 Team in 3A

So you must be saying that Kilgore's defense (the one who 5 nights ago gave up 300+ yards to a one dimensional 3-5 team that gave the ball to you 6 TIMES and you STILL only beat by 18 points) is going to stop CH?

You don't think CH can score their season average on THAT defense? Then your assumption CAN ONLY be that Kilgore is on par or better than Whitehouse or Gilmer. If they are, then Halloween must come on October 18th in Kilgore, because whoever that was masquerading as the "Ragin Red" at Jack Murphy Stadium last week sure had some authentic looking costumes. But as soon as the game started, it was easy to

see that was NOT a "Top 5"team. We're about to find out if that was an aberration.

Nope I don't think all them stats meant a thing. Happy Halloween Fandom

Yes black is a very good athlete props to ch O-line they kept him protected very well our D gave him a little to much time back there thats why he picked us apart. But hey thats what good teams do they will expose another teams weakness.

Only bad thing about that is ch did it first so that gives them time to fix that problem!

Aren't we expecting some crow too be eaten on this thread sometime soon? Your clue as to who, ends in fandom. Happy Halloween fandom.

Cool. I respect you for staying true to your word.

I'm gonna say that Kilgore will hold them to 14 or less. The offense that CH runs is the type of offense that Kilgore is built to defend against.

I also believe that Kilgore's offense will have their way with that Chapel Hill front 7. Big D-lines are what we like to see because they can't dodge us like those little spider monkeys can. We will rush for 300+.

My prediction: 35-14 Red Dogs.

Good call on the yards Aggie it was 318 rushing

Chapel hill threw the ball very effectively tonight. Black is a great athlete and can throw well. His main threat is running the ball which Kilgore shut down very well. Kilgore runs, runs and then runs some more. I bet they averaged 6 to 7 yards a carry. Chapel hill as usual made it a game

In the fourth but couldn't come up with points when it mattered. Settling for a field goal right before half really hurt ch also. IMO kilgores only downfall is they are one dimensional which could hurt them against gilmer or in the playoffs if they fall behind. Good luck against gilmer it will be one hell of a game but IMO gilmer wins.

To the Chapel Hill fans: now that you've seen Carthage, Gilmer, & Kilgore, how do you rank them. Just curious.

1. gilmer by a long shot

2. Carthage

3. Kilgore

Only reason Carthage is ahead of Kilgore is because they are very balanced with great qb play

What did I tell ya.

Well maybe your right but I don't see Kilgore finding a pass game and you can't tell me they are not just showing there cards. In pretty sure

Kilgores coach is smart enough to work on all aspects of the game every week. Kilgore threw the Ball maybe 5 or 6 times tonight? What happens against gilmer when there backs are to the wall and Kilgore is down by 17 or 21 points. They going to keep pounding juju? It's just my opinion but that is kilgores only weakness and I think gilmer will show y'all that.