Gilmer Travels to Spring Hill

buckeyebob

I wouldn't be suprised, not because of talent, but bc of lack of class. 91 points is a D.B. move for Aledo

Gilmer will play mostly starters for the first half for sure. They NEED the playing time to get better. After that, if the score is out of hand, they'll sub freely, but there will be at least a couple of starters out there the entire night (mainly because of numbers), and those could be playing different positions from what they are used to. To an outsider, it may look at times as if Gilmer is running the score up on teams, but you have to understand that the Buckeyes have to work on getting better THEMSELVES. If that means a pass here and there after being up a bunch, then so be it. We've always ran the ball a LOT more than usual when the game is out of hand, and sometimes the other team still can't stop us. It happens. No way this game gets that ridiculous because the coaches usually agree to a running clock at some point in a blowout. That prevents the score from getting that high. There has only been one Buckeye game this year that there wasn't a running clock at some point in the second half, and that was against a good Chapel Hill team. That game was a marathon with the poor officiating.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be suprised, not because of talent, but bc of lack of class. 91 points is a D.B. move for Aledo

You may want to know how the score got to that point before making a judgment like that. I got this from another site where somebody in the know knows what happened. I hope he doesn't mind my posting his post. Here's the story about how bad FW Western Hills is:

"This is what happens when you have a really great team playing in a terrible district. The Bearcats didn't run up the score either. They had to try real hard not to bust 100. They did all their scoring with just 7 minutes of TOP. Aledo scored 6 offensive TDs in first half on only 20 snaps, and also had 2 special teams TDs in the first half. Aledo only ran 33 offensive snaps in the game for 550 yds of offense scoring 10 offensive TDs, the other 3 TDs were 1 fumble return and 2 punt returns for TDs."

It appears Aledo did try to hold the score down after all...

Ok, good point made about Aledo. Btw, just so my Eagle feathers don't ruffle any Bucs, I wasn't saying Gilmer had a lack of class. I meant it would be a lack of class that would drive them to score 91+ points on Spring Hill. I guess the Aledo game was a freak of circumstances.

Ok, good point made about Aledo. Btw, just so my Eagle feathers don't ruffle any Bucs, I wasn't saying Gilmer had a lack of class. I meant it would be a lack of class that would drive them to score 91+ points on Spring Hill. I guess the Aledo game was a freak of circumstances.

I understand where you're coming from. I was wondering how the score that out of hand, too. There's been a bunch of games where Gilmer "could have" "Refugio"ed somebody, and in some people's eyes it may have appeared that they tried to do just that. The point is, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try to hold the score down, you can't just stop playing. If you stop playing you can get people hurt, and I'm not talking about their pride, or feelings, lol. If the coaches agree to a running clock, then yes, run plain vanilla plays. An occasional pass to keep drives alive doesn't mean you're running the score up, unless you are going deep. Even then, if it's the second and third string players they do need reps at the varsity level, and it wouldn't be fair to them if you held them back from doing what the starters are allowed to do. Who's to say where the line is drawn? I can't answer that, but I do have opinions based on what I see.

I don't think anyone took that the wrong way, and I think every Buckeye fan would be shocked if Gilmer ran up the score to 91. Spring Hill doesn't have a bad team, just seems they are out matched. I've noticed not that many players on the side line as well, so it's hard to compete with these schools in 16AAA that have more players to sub in. Those boys are tired, but they won't quit, so got to give props to them for not giving up. Who knows, it may take Gilmer a quarter or so to get it going after not playing for 13 days. I will say this again though, SH secondary will have their hands full with the Gilmer receivers. They didn't defend Henderson very well and Gilmer is a whole other animal! There will be some quick scores. Panthers will have to put pressure on Barr, which I feel they can, but he can sling it on those slants pretty quick and once in the open field, they won't be caught. My keys to the game:

For Gilmer to win:

1. Play Buckeye football

2. Limit turnovers

3. Control line of scrimmage

For Spring Hill to win:

1. Control line of scrimmage

2. Pressure the QB

3. NO turnovers

4. Avoid the big play on defense

5. Score, Score and Score

I understand where you're coming from. I was wondering how the score that out of hand, too. There's been a bunch of games where Gilmer "could have" "Refugio"ed somebody, and in some people's eyes it may have appeared that they tried to do just that. The point is, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try to hold the score down, you can't just stop playing. If you stop playing you can get people hurt, and I'm not talking about their pride, or feelings, lol. If the coaches agree to a running clock, then yes, run plain vanilla plays. An occasional pass to keep drives alive doesn't mean you're running the score up, unless you are going deep. Even then, if it's the second and third string players they do need reps at the varsity level, and it wouldn't be fair to them if you held them back from doing what the starters are allowed to do. Who's to say where the line is drawn? I can't answer that, but I do have opinions based on what I see.

When we played Diboll, it was 42-0 at the half. Coach Evans pulled the starters and only allowed on more touchdown in the second. Course, he didn't let up his defense. You do NOT give up a shut out!

When we played Diboll, it was 42-0 at the half. Coach Evans pulled the starters and only allowed on more touchdown in the second. Course, he didn't let up his defense. You do NOT give up a shut out!

See, that can be viewed in the same light, too. When Gilmer is up big, they sub a LOT more than usual on defense and offense. Sometimes they'll even leave two or three starters in (mainly because of numbers) for the entire game. I guess it just depends on how you look at it. It's all objective anyway, depending on which end of the blowout you're on anyway.

Hey Gilmer, if you think you're just gonna walk in and demolish Spring Hill Friday night, then you are sadly mistaken. In other words, you're not gonna come into our house and push us around like you think you will. Sure, you're the number one ranked team in the state, and yes, you have bigger players, but we're the ones that have something to prove, and that makes us more dangerous. And you're not gonna score 92 points like (Palestinecats) thinks you will either. Enjoy your Yamboree, because that might just be the last fun you'll have all week.

+1 I feel like this game will be a nail biter until kickoff but it might be 42-0 at half

Hey Gilmer, if you think you're just gonna walk in and demolish Spring Hill Friday night, then you are sadly mistaken. In other words, you're not gonna come into our house and push us around like you think you will. Sure, you're the number one ranked team in the state, and yes, you have bigger players, but we're the ones that have something to prove, and that makes us more dangerous. And you're not gonna score 92 points like (Palestinecats) thinks you will either. Enjoy your Yamboree, because that might just be the last fun you'll have all week.

89 you calln gilmer out, dat'd be a bad mistake, they jv team could spank SH, dis Gilmer team could beat SH 100 to nut'n, and dats the truth!

I don't think anyone took that the wrong way, and I think every Buckeye fan would be shocked if Gilmer ran up the score to 91. Spring Hill doesn't have a bad team, just seems they are out matched. I've noticed not that many players on the side line as well, so it's hard to compete with these schools in 16AAA that have more players to sub in. Those boys are tired, but they won't quit, so got to give props to them for not giving up. Who knows, it may take Gilmer a quarter or so to get it going after not playing for 13 days. I will say this again though, SH secondary will have their hands full with the Gilmer receivers. They didn't defend Henderson very well and Gilmer is a whole other animal! There will be some quick scores. Panthers will have to put pressure on Barr, which I feel they can, but he can sling it on those slants pretty quick and once in the open field, they won't be caught. My keys to the game:

For Gilmer to win:

1. Play Buckeye football

2. Limit turnovers

3. Control line of scrimmage

For Spring Hill to win:

1. Control line of scrimmage

2. Pressure the QB

3. NO turnovers

4. Avoid the big play on defense

5. Score, Score and Score

im going to say SH wins......the halftime show

for Gilmer to win they just have to show up

The Buckeyes better show up to play, or they will struggle. I'd hate to see that. That would show a lack of maturity and focus on the Buckeyes' part, which would be a step in the wrong direction from the goals they've set for themselves. You DON'T WIN GAMES ON PAPER! I'm pretty sure Spring Hill wants to win this one! The Buckeyes WILL win this game, but will they have made any progress in doing so? A sloppy game is the last thing this team needs this close to the end of the season when they "should" be hitting on all cylinders.

Come on man get a grip....its SpringHill......blah blah blah....you say the same thing every week....buxs better focus....dont win on paper...ect. ect.

Yeah, and you say the same ol' crapola e'er week...blah blah blah. What you are doing is a disservice to the Buckeyes. I don't CARE who it is. The Buckeyes need to get better, and the only way to get better in games such as this is to focus on themselves, and what they are doing on the field. These are young impressionable men, and some actually read this stuff. Everything I say is the TRUTH...

Its SPRINGHILL.....and trust me Traylor has these kids ready every week. Beating our opponents by 40pts a game. I think they are focused....if your looking for a perfect game every week...lol...good luck. Not even NFL players do that. Its a fact they will make mistakes....but when they start freaking out about thier mistakes, thats a problem. They are honna happen..we are going to fumble and int. Will be thrown tackles will be missed...but you cant freak out about that stuff. Just try better next time.

So trust me these lids ate focused on one thing and thst is bieng 16-0

Oh yeah and again.....ots SPRINGHILL...LOL

You do make some valid points, and I agree with everything you say. I'm definitely guilty of overanalyzing at times, and there is definitely no need in panicking about mistakes because they are definitely going to happen. I'm just the kind of person that's not satisfied with the status quo, and if there's room for improvement I'll point it out. That being said..., yes, I know the Buckeyes will be prepared and ready to play. And, yeah, it IS Spring Hill, lol.

I know the Buckeyes are good, and the scary thing is they can be even better.

By the way, I don't say what I say to be politically correct..., far from it. I absolutely ABHOR the PC crowd. If something needs to be said, I'll say it regardless of whether it is PC or not. That's just me.

Rumor had it that he was involved with some legal issues a while back at UNT and has since moved out of state, and he has just fallen off the radar!

No Legal Issues '89...graduated with honors, got married and now works for a major retailer as distribution center manager in Oklahoma. Throwin bones like that leads to untruths! Tremendous man and has been blessed with a wonderful wife and a monster of a son who will no doubt be a beast someday!

did I dream is or was gilmer ahead pf sprung hill 70 to 0 at half a couple years ago and won 77-0

I think Gilmer was ahead 63-0 at the half, if memory serves, and won the game 66-0. I'm getting older and my memory fades, so don't quote me on that.

Gilmer was in the 60's at halftime (cant remember exact halftime score), but I do remember the final was 76-0.