I want this Baseball card - Cheapy

Straw

There are no simple answers to your questions - I'd have to look them over ... :) just don't develop visions of grandeur thinking you can send a kids to college with multiple 1990 Donruss Nolan Ryans !!! :D :D :D

Straw - the Joan Jett Card is more difficult to locate than I predicted ... I love a good collecting adventure !!!

There are no simple answers to your questions - I'd have to look them over ... :) just don't develop visions of grandeur thinking you can send a kids to college with multiple 1990 Donruss Nolan Ryans !!! :D :D :D

Straw - the Joan Jett Card is more difficult to locate than I predicted ... I love a good collecting adventure !!!

I figured that would be a hard one

I was a hard core baseball card and comic book card collector as a kid back in the 60s - early 70s. I had cards of most of the 50s and 60s era stars including all of the Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Musial, etc. I had about a dozen King Edward cigar boxes full of baseball cards. My pride and joy was my comic book collection. I had ALL of the Spider Man comics from Spider Man #1 through about the first 10 years. I had two copies of Spider man #1, in mint condition. I also had most of the Thor, Fantastic Four, Superman, Daredevil and Captain America comics during that same period, along with a lot of other misc comics. I had an old Army footlocker and a 5 drawer chest of drawers full of 10 cent and 12 cent comics. I also had about 200 old silver dollars in a jar.

Well, I left home, got married and soon thereafter joined the Air Force. My baseball and comic book collection was safe at home carefully packed in the back of a closet at my dad's house. Over the years, when we came home to visit, I would check to see if everything was still there. After about 15 years or so, I came home one day and low and behold, about 90% or my comics and all of my baseball cards were gone, along with my silver dollars. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. My mom and dad told me my nephew had been looking at them, but they should still all be there. I confronted my stepbrother and my nephew but they denied taking any of them and that was that. I don't know what the value of my collection would have been in todays market, but It would have been substantial.

I never collected another baseball card of comic since then.

• Like 1

I was a hard core baseball card and comic book card collector as a kid back in the 60s - early 70s. I had cards of most of the 50s and 60s era stars including all of the Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Musial, etc. I had about a dozen King Edward cigar boxes full of baseball cards. My pride and joy was my comic book collection. I had ALL of the Spider Man comics from Spider Man #1 through about the first 10 years. I had two copies of Spider man #1, in mint condition. I also had most of the Thor, Fantastic Four, Superman, Daredevil and Captain America comics during that same period, along with a lot of other misc comics. I had an old Army footlocker and a 5 drawer chest of drawers full of 10 cent and 12 cent comics. I also had about 200 old silver dollars in a jar.

Well, I left home, got married and soon thereafter joined the Air Force. My baseball and comic book collection was safe at home carefully packed in the back of a closet at my dad's house. Over the years, when we came home to visit, I would check to see if everything was still there. After about 15 years or so, I came home one day and low and behold, about 90% or my comics and all of my baseball cards were gone, along with my silver dollars. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. My mom and dad told me my nephew had been looking at them, but they should still all be there. I confronted my stepbrother and my nephew but they denied taking any of them and that was that. I don't know what the value of my collection would have been in todays market, but It would have been substantial.

Thye got the silver dollars for sure....You should have took them with you....I had the same thing, well not the silver dollars but mine dry rotted in a dusty garage. I to had Mantle and the bunch...what a loss all TOPPs

^ It never dawned on me that someone would take my stuff. I know for a fact they got the baseball cards and comics too. My nephew was seen with a lot of them I was told by a few people. Mickey Mantle was my favorite player when I played in Little League. I used a Mickey Mantle 32 Louisville Slugger bat and I had all of his baseball cards, several of each including his rookie card.

^ It never dawned on me that someone would take my stuff. I know for a fact they got the baseball cards and comics too. My nephew was seen with a lot of them I was told by a few people. Mickey Mantle was my favorite player when I played in Little League. I used a Mickey Mantle 32 Louisville Slugger bat and I had all of his baseball cards, several of each including his rookie card.

In todays time, those cards would be worth a lot of money in good condition, how where we to know....I just like looking at them and reading the stats.

Is there even a card shop in East Texas anymore? Allan's in Longview is the last one I can remember. My card collection only goes back to the late 80s to early 90s. My prized card is the 1993 Topps Derek Jeter rookie card. Its not mint but like Wild said when your little you play with them first and kick yourself when your older. lol Those old comics can make you some money.

• 3 years later...

That's kinfolk for you...😏