The Smoakhouse Forums

***Official Smoaky.com UIL Snapshot Day Thread***

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is right around corner.   How have numbers been at schools so far this year?

Gilmer should be 4A ! HeHe

So, Quinlan is at 747, Wills point is at 736 they are too big. Commerce is a little small so Schools around the numbers would be Rains, Mineola, Cado Mills, Springhill, Farmersville. Now on the Small

Contacted a few folks within LISD this morning, will get an email containing Longview's official enrollment as of Monday later on today.

it is going to be hard to realize everyone bumps up so six man becomes class a and so on. So now teams that were big 1A would become 3A's (what was 2A) crazy, if I understand it right

Close.

6 man becomes 1A.

The current 2 1a divisions become the same in 2A.

The current 2 2a divisions become the same in 3a

The current 3a becomes 4a

4a becomes 5a

5a becomes 6a

Porter looks to turn in just above the 1600 mark. Don't think it will be long before they make the jump to a bigger class. New Caney ISD is growing about 30% a year, fastest in the Houston area...

The classification change is really more for basketball than anything. From the looks of it, the schools that play six-man are usually 1A Div. 2 in basketball (the only classification that does the split in basketball), would have their own classification, and then everything else bumps up.

I always check the Stephenville and Highland Park numbers on their ISD websites ... that gives me a heads up on what the top numbers will be in their respective classes .... (it suddenly hit me that I may be one of the few left that remembers when "5A" came into being) ....

Was shocked when I saw the current Longview and Lead enrollment. If the projected 2200 is anywhere close to real, eeeekkkk.

I'm curious about something, and I'm hoping someone in the know can help. The UIL is raising the cutoff for 6-man. I know schools below that cutoff are 1A. What about the ones below it that choose to play 11-man? They will have to play football in 2A. When basketball season rolls around, do they go back to 1A, or are they stuck in 2A? Just something I've wondered about.

• 2 weeks later...