***Official Smoaky.com UIL Snapshot Day Thread***

Eagleborn

it is going to be hard to realize everyone bumps up so six man becomes class a and so on. So now teams that were big 1A would become 3A's (what was 2A) crazy, if I understand it right

Exactly what I've been thinking. Joaquin, Garrison, Carlisle, alto, Cushing, mart, Hull daisetta, shelbyville, big sandy, harleton and probably many more that could very well be 3A D2, but I still think the districts would still be similar to how they are now, except for a few arp's, waskom's and EF's thrown in there. It all depends on the number change. Let's hope it goes up at least 25-30 kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless something drastic happens to the numbers, which I wouldn't put past the UIL, Gilmer will be 4A-D2. I think their current number is about 680. If Gilmer can consistently go deep every year, and beat mostly bigger schools the way it is now, how much better will they fare when they split 3A where they'll be playing teams about the same size or smaller?

Unless something drastic happens to the numbers, which I wouldn't put past the UIL, Gilmer will be 3A-D2. I think their current number is about 680. If Gilmer can consistently go deep every year, and beat mostly bigger schools the way it is now, how much better will they fare when they split 3A where they'll be playing teams about the same size or smaller?

You mean 4A DII, right?

Overton reporting 151 as of last night's school board meeting. We've got some pretty big elementary classes coming up, but we seem to hold at right about 150 year-in and year-out.

I'm curious about something, and I'm hoping someone in the know can help. The UIL is raising the cutoff for 6-man. I know schools below that cutoff are 1A. What about the ones below it that choose to play 11-man? They will have to play football in 2A. When basketball season rolls around, do they go back to 1A, or are they stuck in 2A? Just something I've wondered about.

I too would like this question addressed...

I'm assuming the new 5A will NOT be divided up into divisions prior to the playoffs. At least not yet. I bet it's coming. though.

Marshall is sitting a lttle above 1,500 right now per the Pub Relations and Information director last week. District wide enrollment us up by about 200.

I know 1500 will firmly be in 5A...... but IF they were to divide 5A into divisions. I wonder if that would make Div I or Div II. It's almot in the dead center of schools like JT on the high end of enrollment and Sulphur Springs on the low end of enrollment.

Also makes wonder if SS could be headed to the metroplex.

And if Lonview is as close as some people are saying.... then how close is Lufkin? Their enrollments are usually pretty comparable.

Not sure how I feel about Lufkin and Longview dropping down. Mixed feeligns.

(music playing) R E U N I T E D and it feels so...... ummmmm..... 0.o

I'm assuming the new 5A will NOT be divided up into divisions prior to the playoffs. At least not yet. I bet it's coming. though.

Not this alignment but wouldn't be shocked at all to see it in 2016.

Longview had 2100 today, which is down from 2119 two weeks ago. Would be shocked to see us not stay 5A.

As I posted on Lufkin's board....Am going to assume SS drops, Corsicana gets moved back with Hachie and others.

District 1 - Longview, Pine Tree, Hallsville, Mount Pleasant, Texas High, Marshall

District 2 - Lindale, Lufkin, John Tyler, Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Nacogdoches

And playoff wise, could they move "district 2" to Region 3 with Lufkin and Nac more South? Wouldn't shock me.

Marshall is sitting a lttle above 1,500 right now per the Pub Relations and Information director last week. District wide enrollment us up by about 200.

I know 1500 will firmly be in 5A...... but IF they were to divide 5A into divisions. I wonder if that would make Div I or Div II. It's almot in the dead center of schools like JT on the high end of enrollment and Sulphur Springs on the low end of enrollment.

Also makes wonder if SS could be headed to the metroplex.

And if Lonview is as close as some people are saying.... then how close is Lufkin? Their enrollments are usually pretty comparable.

Not sure how I feel about Lufkin and Longview dropping down. Mixed feeligns.

(music playing) R E U N I T E D and it feels so...... ummmmm..... 0.o

Lufkin was 2100, I think it will decrease by late october because of dropouts.

Not this alignment but wouldn't be shocked at all to see it in 2016.

Longview had 2100 today, which is down from 2119 two weeks ago. Would be shocked to see us not stay 5A.

As I posted on Lufkin's board....Am going to assume SS drops, Corsicana gets moved back with Hachie and others.

District 1 - Longview, Pine Tree, Hallsville, Mount Pleasant, Texas High, Marshall

District 2 - Lindale, Lufkin, John Tyler, Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Nacogdoches

And playoff wise, could they move "district 2" to Region 3 with Lufkin and Nac more South? Wouldn't shock me.

IMO, I dont think UIL will seperate MP and SS unless SS drops a class. So look for them to b together unless a drop happens. Same with THigh. Those three will usually stay together. Because of I30.

IMO, I dont think UIL will seperate MP and SS unless SS drops a class. So look for them to b together unless a drop happens. Same with THigh. Those three will usually stay together. Because of I30.

My above prediction had SS dropping. It'll be interesting to see where the cut off is for sure. Didn't realize until I looked it up after I posted that how similar in size Jacksonville, Sulphur Springs, and Lindale were.

I don't think UIL gives much thought to whether or not they are separating rivalries. They've done it several times in the past.

I could totally see SS going to the metroplex and MP staying in East Texas if the NE metro needed another school to complete a district.

If they DO split the divisions into districts in 2016....... talk about a major reunion in 5A Division I.

Longview, Texas High, Lukfin, Marshall, John Tyler, Nacogdoches, Pine Tree...... all together in one district for the first time since.....1987. Only Lee would be missing. PT could be on the line of Div I and Div II. Maybe Marshall too. MP could crash the party.

I don't think UIL gives much thought to whether or not they are separating rivalries. They've done it several times in the past.

I could totally see SS going to the metroplex and MP staying in East Texas if the NE metro needed another school to complete a district.

If they DO split the divisions into districts in 2016....... talk about a major reunion in 5A Division I.

Longview, Texas High, Lukfin, Marshall, John Tyler, Nacogdoches, Pine Tree...... all together in one district for the first time since.....1987. Only Lee would be missing. PT could be on the line of Div I and Div II. Maybe Marshall too. MP could crash the party.

PT would not survive...

Longview, Texas High, Lufkin, Marshall, John Tyler, Nacogdoches, Pine Tree...... all together in one district for the first time since.....1987. Only Lee would be missing. PT could be on the line of Div I and Div II. Maybe Marshall too. MP could crash the party.

I would love it. Well, other then the 3 hour trip to and back from Texarkana.