***Official Smoaky.com UIL Snapshot Day Thread***

Eagleborn

I always check the Stephenville and Highland Park numbers on their ISD websites ... that gives me a heads up on what the top numbers will be in their respective classes .... (it suddenly hit me that I may be one of the few left that remembers when "5A" came into being) ....

Always??? So how long has Stephenville been 3a? How many 4a state champions do they have?

I do know that Texas High still considers the Longview Lobos a big rival. Yes, the Lobos have had the Tigers number in football for several years. However, there are other sports besides football.

Longview does not have any current rivals in 4A and its not close.

I'm thinking all three.

Wouldn't make sense if they continue to have two East Texas districts. They'll either have a North/South district or an East/West district (which I can't see them putting Texas High and Lufkin in same district and ignoring the other closer opponent). Northeast and Southwest district makes the most sense. Just hope to God we don't have to put up with a 9 team district or something.

why

I don't want to be in a district with Texas high again(because of travel reasons) and if we can improve, we can potentially play Lv or JT in the title game at some point in the future. Also summer Creek moved up and LT is most likely moving up to 6A too, so...

Unfortunately.

At least now...they can't run away from a butt whooping.

Uh.... Coach Holmes has stated many times that he wants to play Longview. Go watch the Coach's corner show, He said it on there. JT has never dodged Longview.

Back on topic. Big jump for JT, A little shocked at Lufkin numbers. I guess the Piney Woods academy is taking away alot of kids.

Longview enrollment is about what I expected. I didn't think they would stay with the big boys.

Uh.... Coach Holmes has stated many times that he wants to play Longview. Go watch the Coach's corner show, He said it on there. JT has never dodged Longview.

Back on topic. Big jump for JT, A little shocked at Lufkin numbers. I guess the Piney Woods academy is taking away alot of kids.

Longview enrollment is about what I expected. I didn't think they would stay with the big boys.

Why? we have a population of about 35,000 and a lot of places are closing down.

I don't want to be in a district with Texas high again(because of travel reasons) and if we can improve, we can potentially play Lv or JT in the title game at some point in the future. Also summer Creek moved up and LT is most likely moving up to 6A too, so...

cool.