***Official Smoaky.com UIL Snapshot Day Thread***

Eagleborn

I know Longview folks (at least the ones on Smoaky) don't want to play in 4a (5a), because it seems like you guys think 5a (6a) is the only legitimate class. I know the feeling,I didn't want JT to drop either, Kinda like college ball. You rather go Div-1 than D-2 because if you could could ball at D-1 it makes you feel more legit. So I get it.

But the fact of the matter, that other than Lee (because of South Tyler growth, and TISD boundaries) East Texas is not growing at the rate of the Urban cities. 4a (5a) will be the home of JT, Longview, and Lufkin for the future, except for yrs there are large freshman classes. And with the Demographic shifts at most east Texas schools, its best to go down. So get used to it.

No shame in dropping anymore. If you go in and win, you will get respect no matter the class.

Eh. I could care less where we go. As long as we continue to field a competitive squad and see good football.

So Marshall isn't a rival, If they are in the same district?

Longview has a lot of teams that they've played a ton of times. Marshall is a rivalry that's just sitting there at the moment just because of the downturn and domination and lack of district play between the two. It'll get going again once the Mavs field a competitive multiple years in a row.

Longview has a lot of teams that they've played a ton of times. Marshall is a rivalry that's just sitting there at the moment just because of the downturn and domination and lack of district play between the two. It'll get going again once the Mavs field a competitive multiple years in a row.

thanks for answering my question.

Oh okay that's last years!!

But we will probably be in distinct with D-field or no???

Vegas has the odds at 60% yes, and 40% no..............Chance the cutoff is between the 2 schools numbers...........Very slight chance they are in the same classification, but in different districts---seems odd, but schools 3 miles apart have been separated before

So Marshall isn't a rival, If they are in the same district?

If we're going to base things from what happened over a decade ago (living in the past)...wouldn't PT be considered a huge rivalry to Longview from what went on in the 80's?

I guess anyone is Longview's rival now.

If we're going to base things from what happened over a decade ago (living in the past)...wouldn't PT be considered a huge rivalry to Longview from what went on in the 80's?

I guess anyone is Longview's rival now.

you may not want to call them a rival but other people do.

With the cutoff numbers that someone listed, I'm curious as to what that means for 4A DII especially Gladewater. Looks like a possible district might be:

Gilmer 685

Atlanta 580

Gladewater 545

Tatum 518

Spring Hill 482

What does everyone else think?

1,026-Kilgore

1,017-Lampasas

996-Stephenville

993-Kaufman

985-Athens

978-Mabank