13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

• Dallas Cowboys (4 - 4)
    • Minnesota Vikings (1 - 5)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why get Demarco Murray back and not run the ball with him? This only made the win much harder. Without balance teams will lock you down usually

What I'm seeing over the last few games is that Dallas can only run out of certain sets or pass out of certain sets. Teams are keying on runs at certain times because they know what's coming...that's why we're seeing so many secondary players flying to the backfield making tackles.

The balance needed in this case isn't about 50/50 in run/pass plays (although more run was certainly needed), but in confusing the defense to the run/pass on any one formation.

What I'm seeing over the last few games is that Dallas can only run out of certain sets or pass out of certain sets. Teams are keying on runs at certain times because they know what's coming...that's why we're seeing so many secondary players flying to the backfield making tackles.

The balance needed in this case isn't about 50/50 in run/pass plays (although more run was certainly needed), but in confusing the defense to the run/pass on any one formation.

My point isn't about 50/50 balance. Dallas does not have to run just on expected running downs. The numbers do not matter if you cannot block in the line any better than they are. I am seeing the linemen getting beat by defensive lineman when Dallas has the advantage in numbers on the line and our running-backs get blasted. Not just the secondary blitzing on them. Teams are always expecting pass out of Dallas on most every down. Free is getting beat on most plays because he will not move. His anticipation is poor. He is constantly holding and they are not even calling many of them on him.

Because Dallas will not run the ball. There is no fear of a running attack so they key on the pass and make times much harder than need be.

My point isn't about 50/50 balance. Dallas does not have to run just on expected running downs. The numbers do not matter if you cannot block in the line any better than they are. I am seeing the linemen getting beat by defensive lineman when Dallas has the advantage in numbers on the line and our running-backs get blasted. Not just the secondary blitzing on them. Teams are always expecting pass out of Dallas on most every down. Free is getting beat on most plays because he will not move. His anticipation is poor. He is constantly holding and they are not even calling many of them on him.

Because Dallas will not run the ball. There is no fear of a running attack so they key on the pass and make times much harder than need be.

I agree totally. It makes Romo's job that much harder.

Thats a win I am still on pace for a 11-5 season....going to have to run off a few though:)

I'm still on pace for a 7-9, this game hasn't changed what I had the Cowboys projected at. They're actually one game behind what I had them at so far. The way they played today won't cut the mustard against division foes, the Saints, and the Packers. The only for sure win I have is the Raiders.

I had a bad feeling after the Romo interception late in the 4th quarter, but thankfully the Vikings squandered that opportunity. I will say I'm glad that Tony led us 90 yards for the TD, but that's what he's paid to do. I was starting to like Terrance Williams, but the last two games he's averaging .285 catches in balls thrown his way. 2-10 and 2-7, just isn't enough to be throwing his way that many times.

I'm still on pace for a 7-9, this game hasn't changed what I had the Cowboys projected at. They're actually one game behind what I had them at so far. The way they played today won't cut the mustard against division foes, the Saints, and the Packers. The only for sure win I have is the Raiders.

I had a bad feeling after the Romo interception late in the 4th quarter, but thankfully the Vikings squandered that opportunity. I will say I'm glad that Tony led us 90 yards for the TD, but that's what he's paid to do. I was starting to like Terrance Williams, but the last two games he's averaging .285 catches in balls thrown his way. 2-10 and 2-7, just isn't enough to be throwing his way that many times.

So your saying 1-6 over the next 7 games?

Some other game highlights:

- Romo hitting a ref with a pass in the 4th quarter drew raves and applause.

- The extremely odd Bruce Carter/Ernie Sims controversy continued. Sims got the nod over Carter and proceeded to stink in the worst possible way. Basically gave the Vikings an easy path to a touchdown all on his own. Carter replaced him later, and extra yards/first downs that Sims was giving up quickly stopped.

Sims also injured Hatcher during the game, so that's another minus.

- Everette Brown wasn't even in Dallas a week and made a huge impact. The pass defense suffered when Hatcher was injured, but my early guess would be that Brown will start getting snaps at the expense of Kyle Wilber, who hasn't been largely invisible the past few weeks.

- Heath is a good special teamer, but there doesn't appear to be anything to his game that makes him better than Danny McCray except his price tag.

Some other game highlights:

- Romo hitting a ref with a pass in the 4th quarter drew raves and applause.

- The extremely odd Bruce Carter/Ernie Sims controversy continued. Sims got the nod over Carter and proceeded to stink in the worst possible way. Basically gave the Vikings an easy path to a touchdown all on his own. Carter replaced him later, and extra yards/first downs that Sims was giving up quickly stopped.

Sims also injured Hatcher during the game, so that's another minus.

- Everette Brown wasn't even in Dallas a week and made a huge impact. The pass defense suffered when Hatcher was injured, but my early guess would be that Brown will start getting snaps at the expense of Kyle Wilber, who hasn't been largely invisible the past few weeks.

- Heath is a good special teamer, but there doesn't appear to be anything to his game that makes him better than Danny McCray except his price tag.

not really Odd...Carter could not cover a sloth out of the back field early in the season so Sims got to play more...today Carter's ability to seal the edge in the running game allowed him to be back in and making plays

I think 10-6 is a possibility, but 9-7 is likely. I see four games that need to be must-wins...Oakland, NYG, Washington and Philly. If the Cattle Managers can sneak up on NOLA, GB or Da Bears they could get the coveted 10-6 mark that would ensure a playoff spot.

With that said, I still stand by my 8-8 prediction made by at the beginning of the season.

I think 10-6 is a possibility, but 9-7 is likely. I see four games that need to be must-wins...Oakland, NYG, Washington and Philly. If the Cattle Managers can sneak up on NOLA, GB or Da Bears they could get the coveted 10-6 mark that would ensure a playoff spot.

With that said, I still stand by my 8-8 prediction made by at the beginning of the season.

8-8 will be more than enough to win the terrible NFC East.

Without the defensive TD by the Cowboys, you would be looking at another L ..... Just sayin

wow, you mean a position outside of QB can have a hand in a team winning or losing???

Haha, all joking aside...it must have really twisted your nipples to see Romo lead the cowboys on a game winning drive with 2 minutes left...oh yeah, and go 90 ards at that.

wow, you mean a position outside of QB can have a hand in a team winning or losing???

Haha, all joking aside...it must have really twisted your nipples to see Romo lead the cowboys on a game winning drive with 2 minutes left...oh yeah, and go 90 ards at that.

Let's see how many times he gets it done in an elimination game where it's win or the season is over. That's where has earned his reputation . A midseason win against one of the worst teams in the NFL is hardly a test to crow about. My guess is he will hold true to form.

not really Odd...Carter could not cover a sloth out of the back field early in the season so Sims got to play more...today Carter's ability to seal the edge in the running game allowed him to be back in and making plays

Your talking about the double wheels that Woodhead used in the Chargers game, and those are difficult plays for Carter to make that far downfield...Woodhead is essentially a wideout in many cases and that's what they use him for; they'll run him against Nickels and throw to him on Base.

After that, Carter shut down McCoy who tried the same thing, and didn't do badly against Bush when Bush tried deeper passes.

And even if Carter struggles in pass coverage, he's still an entire tier better than Sims, who is awful in man or zone.

Let's see how many times he gets it done in an elimination game where it's win or the season is over. That's where has earned his reputation . A midseason win against one of the worst teams in the NFL is hardly a test to crow about. My guess is he will hold true to form.

Doesn't matter when. The same knuckleheads will say the same thing anyway. Dallas can win multiple playoff games, Super Bowl and the excuses from you guys would be "Well it was against bad competition" or "anyone can get lucky". There will always be an excuse. Dallas and Romo have won several major games where it is the season for them and they never count. So who cares what those people count. Dallas will play for themselves and those that care. Other opinions are not important for them to feel or be successful.

This very win could have an effect over whether or not there even is an elimination game. Also your point about the Vikings being a poor team is irrelevant, because they were holding the #2 offense in the entire league all game long. He came thru when it mattered most, something a few morons here claim he never does.

Doesn't matter when. The same knuckleheads will say the same thing anyway. Dallas can win multiple playoff games, Super Bowl and the excuses from you guys would be "Well it was against bad competition" or "anyone can get lucky". There will always be an excuse. Dallas and Romo have won several major games where it is the season for them and they never count. So who cares what those people count. Dallas will play for themselves and those that care. Other opinions are not important for them to feel or be successful.

Actually, just 1!